Walt Disney Company

Updated Nov 18, 2014

31 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Walt Disney Company in August 2013.

Phone interview then on-site interview with HR person, peer within department and boss. Next round is with senior persons within department and the manager who will be a direct report to this position.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Walt Disney Company.

2 phone interviews (first with recruiter about basic skills, 2nd with hiring manager --both 30 minutes and neither really difficult. Just asked: "why disney?" and skills related to job. then 2 in-person interview (first interview - two 30 minutes interviews with senior managers then 1 hour panel interview; second interview - 30 minutes with VP).

Interview Questions
    • Very easy overall, nothing too technical or really about the job. Just asked general questions about experiences and "give me a time when you had to come up with a solution after looking at data?"   Answer Question

Real Estate Control Interin Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Walt Disney Company.

Three Rounds. First got a call from HR, then the Manager and lastly got invited to the office. It was a very long process. The interview was pretty casual. Two analysts asked me to tell them about myself, some recent internship experiences, and whether I have experience related to Real Estate. They introduced what the job responsibility is and shared their work day.

Real Estate Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walt Disney Company in March 2013.

I applied online through their job board and once was contacted via email by someone in HR wanting to set up a phone appointment. After the phone appointment (screening) I was invited to the lot in Burbank for an interview. I thought I would be interviewing with one person but I actually had three back to back interviews with the different supervisors in the department.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about the type of properties we own?   View Answer

Undergraduate Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walt Disney Company in June 2012.

Applied online. Got an email asking to set up a phone screening with HR. There was a follow up email asking to set up a second phone interview with an associate. I was asked typical questions about my experience and university. It was more of a conversation than an interview. I got a call after the weekend asking me to come in to the office for 1:1 interviews with each of the team members (a total of 4). Very cool people and easy to talk to. Was offered and accepted a position four days after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • what is 3/411?   View Answer
    • Is there anything interesting going on in the market right now?   View Answer

Graphic Designer/Undergraduate Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Walt Disney Company in October 2011.

I heard back from Disney a week after I had applied for my position which was the fastest turn around in my experience in the job hunt. I went through 2 rounds of interviews with 4 people over the span of a month and a half. The first round was 2 weeks after I was initially contacted by Disney's HR Department where I met with the Senior Graphic Designer and HR Representative for the Department that I was going to work in. The second round was a month after that with the Art Director and Director of Communications. I was officially offered the internship about a week after the second round of interviews, which I accepted, and my first day was three weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions asked of me were generic interview questions. I had my portfolio of work with me from previous jobs and personal work. We talked about that mostly.   Answer Question

Human Resources Intern/Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walt Disney Company in September 2011.

If you pass the resume period, then they believe you are qualified. If they like your resume, they will give you call where you will have an informal phone interview. If you "pass" then they will schedule a 1:1 interview. So if I would give advise, make sure your resume is "perfect."

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walt Disney Company in June 2011.

Applied online, got an email from a recruiter a few weeks later saying that they want a phone interview. The phone interview was mostly behaviorial. Then it proceeded to a 1:1 interview with the manager in the business unit. Got a call back the same day saying I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Disney? What about Disney is different from our competitors?   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Walt Disney Company in March 2011.

This review pertains to MBA hire in particular. Interview process took an entire day. Went through six interviewers during the in person interview. Prior to that, went through two rounds of interview. First with HR specialist, then a phone interview for the second round with two interviewers. Very few technical questions were asked, probably because the assumption is the candidate is qualified, but just looking for right fit.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question was a mini case study question on market sizing. Most of the questions were behavioral questions that sought to find out how a potential candidate would fit in with the team.   Answer Question

Director, Project Controls Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walt Disney Company in October 2010.

Applied online through Disney website; received email within a week. I had a first round phone interview lasting about 30 minutes. Disney HR for Parks & Resorts is in Florida, even though job was in Burbank/Glendale. Interviewer was very friendly, opened with the typical, "Tell me about yourself?" and "why do you want to work for Disney?" She explained the nature of the position, but would not discuss specifics or salary.