Walt Disney Company

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cast Member, Interview

Cast Member,

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Walt Disney Company in August 2013.

Interview Details – The first time I applied to Disneyland, I had applied for a Quick Service Restaurant position, and about a month later, I received an email basically saying that they did not need me for that position. And then about a month after receiving that email, I got another email asking me to do an online interview. So I jumped online to complete it, and it just essentially asked questions about what I would do in certain situations, etc. Then it prompted me to schedule an interview where I'd go in and meet with someone. They asked me normal interview questions such as, "Why do you want to work here?" and "Tell me about your last Disney experience!" Just basic stuff.

Interview Question – One of the most difficult questions my interviewer asked me was "Why do you want to work for Disneyland?" And it was difficult because I didn't want to give a "typical" or "cliche" answer. Coming up with a unique answer was probably the most difficult, to me at least.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – When I was given the job offer, I was told I could CHOOSE which field I wanted to be in, such as Merchandising, Hotels, Lifeguard, Custodial, etc. And if your resume fits in with what you chose, you will more than likely be put into the field you ask for.

San Jose, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Walt Disney Company in May 2009.

Interview Details – I initially walked into the store looking for a part-time job. I obtained an application, turned it in later that day, and about two weeks later I got a call from the store offering me a chance to come in for an interview. I said I would, and showed up to the store. The manager took me outside into the mall with a group of about four other people, and started chatting with us. He was very friendly, and obviously quite enamored with "Disney" and what it stood for. He asked us all the same question in a Round Robin kind of style. The question that seemed to matter the most to him was, "If you were a Disney character, which would you be and why?"

Although he was very friendly, it seemed like the typical Disney "act." He wanted you to buy into what he was selling, to want to become a part of the Disney culture. We were still being treated like "guests," in a way, but also being analyzed for our ability to thrive under pressure, have the Disney attitude, work with others, etc.

Interview Questions

• Which Disney character would you be, and why?   Answer Question
  • If you had an angry customer, how would you handle the situation using your Disney attitude?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase. As it was a part-time mall job, I was offered minimum wage.

Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Walt Disney Company in September 2009.

Interview Details – one interview, background check hired the next week when results came in

Interview Questions

• how do you role play with a 6 year old?   View Answer
  • how would you make a visit to the disney store the best 30 minutes of a child's day?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – amount i asked for was paid

Very Easy Interview

Cast Member

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Walt Disney Company in February 2011.

Interview Details – I took an personality test, then phone interview, then i was pending for 3 months and finally got accecpted.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation at all.

Cast Member

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walt Disney Company in July 2011.

Interview Details – I asked for a walk-in application, filled it out, turned it in the next day, within a week they called me to schedule a group interview, 2 days later the manager called me in. During the 2nd "interview" the manager and I discussed pay, scheduling and I signed waivers for a background check. Once that came in they called me to tell me I was hired.

Interview Question – How would you use storytelling to sell me "Item X"?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I decided I don't like children much.

Worked for Walt Disney Company? Contribute to the Community!