Walt Disney Company Interview Questions in Glendale, CA

Undergraduate Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Walt Disney Company (Glendale, CA).

Interview

I had 3 rounds of interviews with 6 people. The first one was a phone screening with an HR, and 1-2 weeks later I was emailed by another HR to schedule a personal interview itinerary with 30-minute each for a total of 2 hours. People were extremely nice and they asked me about life goals and personal interest. Nothing difficult, it's more like a daily conversation with a friend. You do have to answer some experience-related questions regarding the job position. Then 2-3 weeks later I was asked to schedule another phone interview with a professional, then after 2 weeks I was informed the interview result.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult, asked me about multi-task ability, challenging projects I've done and what I've learned from it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There's no way to negotiate the hourly salary, because everyone gets the same. I did negotiate with weekly hours and that was approved.

Environment & Conservation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Walt Disney Company (Glendale, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

My first interview was with a manager in the Corporate Citizenship office, with a background in consulting and carbon markets. She was amiable, but somewhat distant throughout the interview, which consisted primarily of questions regarding my experiences with sustainability and project management. She additionally asked very specific questions regarding voluntary carbon reporting standards, paper policies, and GHG inventories, which were very difficult and seemingly beyond that of the job description.

About a week later I received an email from HR asking for my availability for an in-person, panel interview with three managers, including my initial interviewer. Upon arriving to the office, I discovered that a miscommunication led to my interview being scheduled alongside a monthly office-wide meeting. One of the managers came to talk to me for an "informal interview" for about ten minutes before leaving for the meeting, then my initial interviewer came in and interviewed me for the next 45 minutes. This interview built upon the first, with many repeated questions as she had misplaced her notes from two weeks prior. There we additionally other situational questions about my research and project management skills.

At the end of the interview, the manager asked me if I had yet received any paperwork from HR, which led me to believe that I had gotten the position. She also asked me the name of the HR person that contacted me, so that she could speak with her about it. I waited the weekend, then sent a followup email, to which she responded that I would hear back shortly. I never received a response, but after about three weeks my status on DisneyCareers changed to "No Longer In Consideration."

Interview Questions

• Let's say that I want you to compare and contrast the Climate Action Reserve, the Verified Carbon Standard, and the American Carbon Registry with the Kyoto Protocol. How would you go about researching and presenting this information?   1 Answer

Associate Counsel - Part-time Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Walt Disney Company (Glendale, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

First was a phone interview, very brief, they later followed up to say sorry they were moving slow and then later after that that they were pursuing other candidates more aggressively at that time.

Management IT Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Glendale, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

Applied through my school's on-campus recruiting site and did an hour long interview with one of the managers. The interview was completely behavioral, mostly about teams, strengths, weaknesses. She basically went through my resume and I talked about some of my experiences and then she described the department I would be in, and what type of work to expect. It was a really easy interview, and I got a call a week later saying that I was given an offer. Don't forget to research the company beforehand because the interviewer I had asked if I knew of anything Disney had done recently.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Walt Disney Company (Glendale, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

I have a history doing the type of projects they were looking for, infact the hiring manager had told the recruiter to look for people that had done a similar project at another studio. My resume was clear that I had done the project with the same software they were using but due to the HR system they were using my resume was never even forwarded to the hiring manager. I met her at an industry function at the bar.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the mouse   1 Answer