Walt Disney Company Intern Interview Questions

Updated May 8, 2015

2.9

Intern Interview

Interview

It was smooth. Wasn't bad! Very standard. I had a two hour an interview, which was split into four interviews. Each interviewer was nice and it went pretty smoothly. I did not have a phone screening like most people so it was different.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Walt Disney Company

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Walt Disney Company (New York, NY).

Interview

I found the process to be long. I was passed around a bit before I was actually streamlined into something. They will suggest that you apply for multiple areas. My first interviews were very basic. They asked me about various points on my resume and what I liked about the company. My second level interviews were more in depth and asked about my skills/ various projects on my resume. There were some behavioral questions about thought process. Lastly, I was called into the office for an interview. Everyone was friendly. The interview was short with some industry based questions. Overall, everyone was very helpful, and I would apply again.

Interview Questions

• What is your thought process?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Burbank, CA).

Interview

I interviewed for a position in the Disney ABC Group. I applied on the Careers site and heard back from a recruiter the next day. A recruiter scheduled an interview with me and it was a short interview on the phone. He asked questions about my resume, work experience and fit with the company.

A different recruiter contacted me after my first interview to schedule a video interview (was not in the area) with the director of the department. I believe there was not a manager at the time. The interviewer was 15 minutes late because he did not realize the interview was via video. He was very outgoing, and asked a few questions about myself. He kind of came out as a little stuck up, as he hardly asked me any questions. He mostly asked me to ask him questions and I didn't get very much information about the job. During my interview some one in his office also interrupted the interview and he actually made me wait while he talked to the person who came in. It was a bit unprofessional in that regards. The interview overall was okay though, I wasn't sure if I got the position or not. I did not find out how I did on my interview/no feedback. I found out on Disney careers that I did not get the position.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Walt Disney Company.

Interview

I had an initial phone screening and It was quick. She asked me why I wanted the professional internship, Leadership questions, and behavioral questions. Have questions to ask at the end.

Interview Questions

• A time when you had to be a leader in a team or at a previous job   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Walt Disney Company in July 2014.

Interview

I had three interviews, first was a phone interview from a recruiter with details about the internship. The recruiter was very nice and upbeat. Second interview was over Skype with the team leader, I had to answer some questions about myself and explain two data structures with their big-O runtimes. Then I was emailed a coding challenge. Third interview consisted of a short interview, reviewing code, and having lunch with some of the team members.

Overall it was a great experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Walt Disney Company (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Got an email requesting me to sign up for an initial phone screening. I spoke to a recruiter during the screening and she asked me general questions about availability, interests, and personality. She was very nice and enthusiastic. After three weeks I finally got an email back saying they want to interview me. I scheduled an interview with the hiring managers. We spoke over the phone and it was a fairly typical interview. They asked me about my prior experiences and different skills relevant for this position. I never heard anything back even after following up, and found out I didn't get the offer only by checking the online application status.

Interview Questions

• Use three words to describe yourself.
      How do you feel about Disney?
      Tell us about a difficult experience you faced.

Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Walt Disney Company in May 2014.

Interview

Applied online and application moved to "In Progress" fairly quickly. After waiting four to five weeks, I was emailed an invitation for a phone interview with a Disney Hiring Leader. The first interview was a conversational review of my resume and experience and after another week I was emailed another invitation for a second, final round phone (or optional in-person) interview. The second interview was more in-depth and asked about college experience as well as knowledge and usage habits of the area I had applied for (example: technology, motion pictures, etc.)

Interview Questions

• What has been - so far - your most rewarding experience in college?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Process was fairly straight forward, recruiter call, followed by a management call, and then an onsite. The difficult part was it was somewhat disorganized and had the hurry up and wait feeling. Everyone was very friendly and open, easy to converse with. Company has a very open culture and encourages moving around/meeting others.

Interview Questions

• None really, a few basic case questions, just stop and think and you'll be fine. They did want samples of previous work.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Was a phone interview, mostly just to get to know me. Interviewer was very nice and asked what general skills I had to see if I was a fit for the internship.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were related to what skills I possessed. Nothing technical.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Walt Disney Company.

Interview

I had 2 phone-interview for the professional project internship. The first is the behavior questions, and talked about you basic information. the second came almost 3 weeks later. for the second one, it looks there are two people over the phone, and the interview included some question from resume and 2 cases resolve. Finally they asked my interested characterize in Disney.

Interview Questions

• how to manage the check desk in restaurant or the cruise schedule   Answer Question