Walt Disney Company Intern Interview Questions

Updated Oct 8, 2014

2.9

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Walt Disney Company.

I interviewed for a position in the Disney ABC Group. I applied on the Careers site and heard back from a recruiter the next day. A recruiter scheduled an interview with me and it was a short interview on the phone. He asked questions about my resume, work experience and fit with the company.

A different recruiter contacted me after my first interview to schedule a video interview (was not in the area) with the director of the department. I believe there was not a manager at the time. The interviewer was 15 minutes late because he did not realize the interview was via video. He was very outgoing, and asked a few questions about myself. He kind of came out as a little stuck up, as he hardly asked me any questions. He mostly asked me to ask him questions and I didn't get very much information about the job. During my interview some one in his office also interrupted the interview and he actually made me wait while he talked to the person who came in. It was a bit unprofessional in that regards. The interview overall was okay though, I wasn't sure if I got the position or not. I did not find out how I did on my interview/no feedback. I found out on Disney careers that I did not get the position.

Other Interview Reviews for Walt Disney Company

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Walt Disney Company in July 2014.

I had three interviews, first was a phone interview from a recruiter with details about the internship. The recruiter was very nice and upbeat. Second interview was over Skype with the team leader, I had to answer some questions about myself and explain two data structures with their big-O runtimes. Then I was emailed a coding challenge. Third interview consisted of a short interview, reviewing code, and having lunch with some of the team members.

Overall it was a great experience.

None.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Walt Disney Company in May 2014.

Got an email requesting me to sign up for an initial phone screening. I spoke to a recruiter during the screening and she asked me general questions about availability, interests, and personality. She was very nice and enthusiastic. After three weeks I finally got an email back saying they want to interview me. I scheduled an interview with the hiring managers. We spoke over the phone and it was a fairly typical interview. They asked me about my prior experiences and different skills relevant for this position. I never heard anything back even after following up, and found out I didn't get the offer only by checking the online application status.

Interview Questions
    • Use three words to describe yourself.
      How do you feel about Disney?
      Tell us about a difficult experience you faced.
        Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Walt Disney Company in May 2014.

Applied online and application moved to "In Progress" fairly quickly. After waiting four to five weeks, I was emailed an invitation for a phone interview with a Disney Hiring Leader. The first interview was a conversational review of my resume and experience and after another week I was emailed another invitation for a second, final round phone (or optional in-person) interview. The second interview was more in-depth and asked about college experience as well as knowledge and usage habits of the area I had applied for (example: technology, motion pictures, etc.)

Interview Questions
    • What has been - so far - your most rewarding experience in college?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Process was fairly straight forward, recruiter call, followed by a management call, and then an onsite. The difficult part was it was somewhat disorganized and had the hurry up and wait feeling. Everyone was very friendly and open, easy to converse with. Company has a very open culture and encourages moving around/meeting others.

Interview Questions
    • None really, a few basic case questions, just stop and think and you'll be fine. They did want samples of previous work.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Was a phone interview, mostly just to get to know me. Interviewer was very nice and asked what general skills I had to see if I was a fit for the internship.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were related to what skills I possessed. Nothing technical.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Walt Disney Company.

I had 2 phone-interview for the professional project internship. The first is the behavior questions, and talked about you basic information. the second came almost 3 weeks later. for the second one, it looks there are two people over the phone, and the interview included some question from resume and 2 cases resolve. Finally they asked my interested characterize in Disney.

Interview Questions
    • how to manage the check desk in restaurant or the cruise schedule   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

The process took a weekinterviewed at Walt Disney Company in April 2012.

The lady didn't sound all too happy on the phone and everything felt very strict, nothing like the way Disney does things! I was contacted a week later after I submitted my application and was sent an email asking me to schedule a time for a phone interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Buena Vista, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Buena Vista, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walt Disney Company in November 2011.

After passing a screener, I was interviewed via phone by a panel. After passing the panel stage, I had a 1-on-1 with my potential manager.

Interview Questions
    • How would you turn around the sales of an under preforming product?   Answer Question

Pay and location.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walt Disney Company in June 2011.

Applied online, got an email from a recruiter a few weeks later saying that they want a phone interview. The phone interview was mostly behaviorial. Then it proceeded to a 1:1 interview with the manager in the business unit. Got a call back the same day saying I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Disney? What about Disney is different from our competitors?   Answer Question