Walt Disney Company Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.8

Instructional Design Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Two in person interviews, one with recruiter, one with hiring managers. They were all very nice but knowledgeable in the field. They were looking for someone with a lot of experience

Interview Questions

• Explain what your process is when you are assigned a training request?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, followed by a phone screen with the hiring manager(s), followed by in person interview(s) with the original recruiter, hiring manager and supervisor. Online application process is a bit cumbersome with little feedback into your status. Most of the communication came directly from the recruiter versus the hiring manager.

Disneyland Attractions Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company.

Interview

I started in the Disney College Program, so it started with a personality test, and then a phone interview. The interviewer was very personable, made it feel like it wasn't an interview. They just want to get a feel for why you want to work there and where you could benefit the company.

Quick Service Restaurants Host Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company.

Interview

Discussed the tasks in the role and checked to see if I was in "Disney Look." Pay was also discussed and because I was a minor at the time, the limits of what I could do were also discussed.

Interview Questions

• No questions were asked, just an overview of what was required on the job and acceptance of the offer.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Interview

It began with a typical (30 minute) telephone screening from HR. Second, there was an interview with hiring manager and HR director. Third, I was brought in for a series of one-on-one and two-on-one interviews. Lastly, there was a final panel interview that included some repeats of those I had already met.

Interview Questions

• "What are your strategies for navigating diverse points of view while making everyone feel heard?"   Answer Question

Merchandise Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Brief interview and job offer. Very sweet and patient. Quick interview process and job is offered right on the spot. Easy questions about your knowledge of the disney parks. Ask you a couple of scenario questions. They take the time to make sure you understand the entire description of the job that you apply and are hired for.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite ride?   1 Answer
    • Do you work well under pressure?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Bus Driver Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company.

Interview

Very long and multi staged interview and selection process. There was a number of steps that needed to be completed before being hired for any position at Disney. You started off by completing the online application and tests. Then you are sent to multiple locations for completing the interview and paperwork. All is done because of the required increased security of hiring for the Walt Disney World Resort.

Interview Questions

• What brought you to apply for the Walt Disney World Resort?   1 Answer

Cast Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Columbus, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online, they contacted me through email about a week later. I had an over the phone interview two days later, I have not heard back from them. The interview questions were very easy. They ask, who was your favorite Disney character and why? The interview felt rush! Its a work from home position. I really want the job for the perks! I have not heard back from the interview as of yet.

Interview Questions

• Who is your favorite Disney Character?   1 Answer

Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Did the on-line application, passed Asked to complete the on-line interview, passed Asked to come on for an in-person interview, passed, but not for housekeeper. Asked if I would liked to be a guest greeter in the beginning to get the feel of the park. I'm to wait for an email invitation. I have the position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the Disney Resorts   1 Answer
    • How do you feel having to work in a team?   1 Answer
    • Do you have the time to be able to work several days in a row?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No, not really since I was told what I could accept and what the pay was. I'm still happy.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Burbank, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Recruiter is initial contact followed by three interviews with people at varying levels of the organization. One interview was a group panel with individuals in a group that the role would be interfacing with heavily.

Interview Questions

• If I asked your current supervisor about one or two descriptives about you, what would they be?   Answer Question

Negotiation

None