Walt Disney Company Interview Questions

Updated Aug 3, 2015

2.8

Quick Service Restaurants Host Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Walt Disney Company.

Interview

Discussed the tasks in the role and checked to see if I was in "Disney Look." Pay was also discussed and because I was a minor at the time, the limits of what I could do were also discussed.

Interview Questions

• No questions were asked, just an overview of what was required on the job and acceptance of the offer.   Answer Question

Merchandise Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Brief interview and job offer. Very sweet and patient. Quick interview process and job is offered right on the spot. Easy questions about your knowledge of the disney parks. Ask you a couple of scenario questions. They take the time to make sure you understand the entire description of the job that you apply and are hired for.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite ride?   1 Answer
    • Do you work well under pressure?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Director Interview

Interview

It began with a typical (30 minute) telephone screening from HR. Second, there was an interview with hiring manager and HR director. Third, I was brought in for a series of one-on-one and two-on-one interviews. Lastly, there was a final panel interview that included some repeats of those I had already met.

Interview Questions

• "What are your strategies for navigating diverse points of view while making everyone feel heard?"   Answer Question

Bus Driver Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Walt Disney Company.

Interview

Very long and multi staged interview and selection process. There was a number of steps that needed to be completed before being hired for any position at Disney. You started off by completing the online application and tests. Then you are sent to multiple locations for completing the interview and paperwork. All is done because of the required increased security of hiring for the Walt Disney World Resort.

Interview Questions

• What brought you to apply for the Walt Disney World Resort?   1 Answer

Cast Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walt Disney Company (Columbus, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online, they contacted me through email about a week later. I had an over the phone interview two days later, I have not heard back from them. The interview questions were very easy. They ask, who was your favorite Disney character and why? The interview felt rush! Its a work from home position. I really want the job for the perks! I have not heard back from the interview as of yet.

Interview Questions

• Who is your favorite Disney Character?   1 Answer

Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Walt Disney Company (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Did the on-line application, passed Asked to complete the on-line interview, passed Asked to come on for an in-person interview, passed, but not for housekeeper. Asked if I would liked to be a guest greeter in the beginning to get the feel of the park. I'm to wait for an email invitation. I have the position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the Disney Resorts   1 Answer
    • How do you feel having to work in a team?   1 Answer
    • Do you have the time to be able to work several days in a row?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No, not really since I was told what I could accept and what the pay was. I'm still happy.

Costume Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Walt Disney Company (Orlando, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

First, there was a one-on-one interview which included and overview of company/department, hours, pay, benefits, and duties and an opportunity to ask questions of the interviewer in return. This was followed by a practical skills test which entailed a run-through of the equipment and a chance to practice using it. Then, I was given three hours to complete (start to finish) a basic garment.

Cast Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Buena Vista, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Walt Disney Company (Lake Buena Vista, FL).

Interview

Getting a job at Disney World was super easy and painless. You got to choose which job you'd like, and then boom - it's yours. After you're hired you go through a long orientation and training stage, which was really helpful in learning all of the Disney standards. I really enjoyed the process, it made the transition easy.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walt Disney Company.

Interview

I sent my resume to a recruiter, who I had met previously through a colleague. She asked me a few basic questions about my experience as they pertained to the role. After that, she scheduled me for an an onsite interview with four other people in the department - the hiring manager, two of the hiring manager's colleagues, and the hiring manager's supervisor. I spoke with each person separately for about a half hour.

Campus Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Walt Disney Company (Burbank, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The process was lengthy. One HR phone screen, 2 separate interviews with hiring mgr, and 2 colleague phone calls. Very thorough. Everyone I interacted with was exceptionally professional, helpful, and very willing to answer questions. It felt very much like an equal dialogue.

Interview Questions

• Why campus recruiting over other recruiting depts? Why the studio side? Do you have experience with/how do you feel about potentially difficult/strong personalities and managing expectations?   1 Answer