Walt Disney Company Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2015

2.8

Undeclared Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Orlando, FL).

Interview

I am a manager and was thrilled to be interviewing for a corporate position, but I became disenchanted during the hiring process. Initial phone interview by HR about 10 days after online application. The HR team is nicely organized and communicative. Video interview a week later. On-site 2 weeks after that. I was the final/sole candidate at that point. Each interview was different, and not what was expected at that "stage" of the process. (Personally, I didn't feel that I performed that great from Day 1, and was wondering why they even kept me moving forward?! But I thought perhaps I underestimated my ability, or they really just had no one better to choose from! ) Once on-site, (a vast sea of small cubicles and plain conference rooms,) I met with about 8 people. Hard to explain here, but it feels like a police interrogation, like they have the answers already and know you're guilty, but they enjoy putting you through their line of questioning. Very uncomfortable. They seem to derive some pleasure out of it. Had it been a different company, I'd have removed myself from candidacy...I got the feeling I wouldn't have much job security if hired in this role; they'd always be looking for a way to make me look bad. I actually wished/expected they'd give me some sort of project vs. a series of interrogations where I was defending myself (rather than illustrating my capabilities). With few exceptions (upper management, who I quite liked,) they came off as smug and unyielding; also, there was a universal vibe of frustration in working for a giant company where decisions go through so many levels, and effecting change is nearly impossible. I ended up questioning whether I even want to work there in any capacity. I'd already expressed reservations to my family. Sadly, if this was a good example of their culture, maybe it's not for me, after all.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't expecting to be instructed to explain a gap in employment from 15+ years ago. (Really?!)   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Burbank, CA).

Interview

Strangest interviews I've ever experienced. First interviewed via phone with dept head who talked most of the hour-long "interview." Before the call ended he said they would call me for the next step. Went to Burbank for in-person interview. The surroundings are very quiet, hot, no one walking around, not friendly - not like one would expect for this particular company. During the next interview, the same person said all of the same stuff he said in the first interview. He had NO questions for me. It was up to me to interject why I was a fit, ask questions. When the interview ended I asked if he had any concerns about my ability to do the job and he said no. Then I didn't get the job. I wasn't even the slightest bit disappointed because it was so strange.

Interview Questions

• They never asked me any questions. They do use a bicycle analogy to explain how their team is set up and they use this analogy over and over and over.   Answer Question

Forecasting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company in December 2013.

Interview

Two interviews with management and potential peers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was my first job out of college, so I didn't negotiate much, but I did ask for a relocation package.

Decision Science Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company.

Interview

HR interview, then a technical phone interview, then an on-site interview. The HR is very professional, and technical phone interview will based on your personal skill set. The on-site interview will be a series of 1:1 interview, and some of the questions could be pretty hard.

Campus Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Burbank, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The process was lengthy. One HR phone screen, 2 separate interviews with hiring mgr, and 2 colleague phone calls. Very thorough. Everyone I interacted with was exceptionally professional, helpful, and very willing to answer questions. It felt very much like an equal dialogue.

Interview Questions

• Why campus recruiting over other recruiting depts? Why the studio side? Do you have experience with/how do you feel about potentially difficult/strong personalities and managing expectations?   1 Answer

Producer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company.

Interview

Interviews with multiple layers of people in the organisation. You will probably take a test if in a creative or technical person. Prepare yourself as much as possible. Research as much as you can about the product area that you are moving into as they will show your interest level.

Web Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

Generally ok, but it took a long time to get through. Not a bad job for the money if you are desperate. People in HR are very nice but management not so much. The people that work under management are quite nice people, though.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were onboard to change the status quo? What type of media do you access in your daily life? What can you apply to this job with past experiences?   Answer Question

Cast Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

I saw that they were hiring so I brought in a resume to the store, the manager kept it but told me to go online and apply. She gave me her name to use as an employee referral. I applied online (which was somewhat difficult to find the exact store) She called about 2 days later for a group interview to be the following week. During the interview we were told how difficult the job is, how it is very confidential. They also don't hire anyone for just the summer which is why I had to turn it down. I will be moving to school in september so I didn't want to have them train me and then I just quit after the summer anyways. Seems like a good environment. They don't offer shifts longer that 5 hours though. Makes sense, my face hurt from smiling after the hour long interview. Be prepared to work with children and fit the disney look. You also have to hold activities in the store like reading time, scavenger hunts, plays, etc. Don't stress, do not forget to SMILE!!!! they watch body posture throughout the interview! Goodluck everyone!

Interview Questions

• Gave us 5 minutes to get to know the person beside us. After the 5 minutes we a to repeat everything the other person said.   Answer Question
    • We each had to state our favourite disney movie and create a newspaper headline for that movie.   Answer Question
    • We each had to read a page from a kids book.   Answer Question
    • We were each given a scenario and we had to act out what we would do in that situation.   1 Answer
    • Who is you're mentor and why? and If you could have dinner with anyone dead or alive who would it be and why?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Burbank, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

I had a 30 min phone screening with the recruiter. Next came an in-person 15 meeting with the recruiter followed by a 30 minute interview with the hiring manager and coordinator on the same day. Second interview /VP of Marketing. Check in call from the recruiter that they were still interviewing candidates. Final call from recruiter with offer.

Interview Questions

• 1. They gave me a brief description of an upcoming show launch, showed me artwork, told me the target audience and rough budget and asked me how I would market that campaign. 2. What projects have I recently worked on and how do I think those skills apply to the job I am interviewing for 3. What is my dream job 4. What is my leadership style 5. Tell us a little bit about yourself   1 Answer

Negotiation

Awkward. No transparency in salary range was offered. A lot of back and forth.

Technical Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (London, England (UK)) in March 2013.

Interview

Internal Interview with the department, internal candidates only. We had one round of interviews based on a points system so as to keep the interview as fair as possible. Whoever scored the highest score was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• What additional responsibilities do you expect to take on as an executive?   Answer Question