Walt Disney Company Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

2.8

Forecasting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Walt Disney Company in December 2013.

Interview

Two interviews with management and potential peers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was my first job out of college, so I didn't negotiate much, but I did ask for a relocation package.

Undeclared Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Orlando, FL).

Interview

I am a manager and was thrilled to be interviewing for a corporate position, but I became disenchanted during the hiring process.

Initial phone interview by HR about 10 days after online application. The HR team is nicely organized and communicative. Video interview a week later. On-site 2 weeks after that. I was the final/sole candidate at that point.

Each interview was different, and not what was expected at that "stage" of the process. (Personally, I didn't feel that I performed that great from Day 1, and was wondering why they even kept me moving forward?! But I thought perhaps I underestimated my ability, or they really just had no one better to choose from! )

Once on-site, (a vast sea of small cubicles and plain conference rooms,) I met with about 8 people. Hard to explain here, but it feels like a police interrogation, like they have the answers already and know you're guilty, but they enjoy putting you through their line of questioning. Very uncomfortable. They seem to derive some pleasure out of it. Had it been a different company, I'd have removed myself from candidacy...I got the feeling I wouldn't have much job security if hired in this role; they'd always be looking for a way to make me look bad.

I actually wished/expected they'd give me some sort of project vs. a series of interrogations where I was defending myself (rather than illustrating my capabilities). With few exceptions (upper management, who I quite liked,) they came off as smug and unyielding; also, there was a universal vibe of frustration in working for a giant company where decisions go through so many levels, and effecting change is nearly impossible.

I ended up questioning whether I even want to work there in any capacity. I'd already expressed reservations to my family. Sadly, if this was a good example of their culture, maybe it's not for me, after all.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't expecting to be instructed to explain a gap in employment from 15+ years ago. (Really?!)   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Walt Disney Company (Burbank, CA).

Interview

Strangest interviews I've ever experienced. First interviewed via phone with dept head who talked most of the hour-long "interview." Before the call ended he said they would call me for the next step. Went to Burbank for in-person interview. The surroundings are very quiet, hot, no one walking around, not friendly - not like one would expect for this particular company.

During the next interview, the same person said all of the same stuff he said in the first interview. He had NO questions for me. It was up to me to interject why I was a fit, ask questions. When the interview ended I asked if he had any concerns about my ability to do the job and he said no. Then I didn't get the job. I wasn't even the slightest bit disappointed because it was so strange.

Interview Questions

• They never asked me any questions. They do use a bicycle analogy to explain how their team is set up and they use this analogy over and over and over.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Walt Disney Company.

Interview

HR interview, then a technical phone interview, then an on-site interview. The HR is very professional, and technical phone interview will based on your personal skill set. The on-site interview will be a series of 1:1 interview, and some of the questions could be pretty hard.

Publicist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Walt Disney Company in April 2011.

Interview

Rigorous process: phone screening; industry specific call one on one interview; series of 8 face to face interview rounds in one day; a week and a half of silence; offer and negotiation.

Interview Questions

• what do you think of the (competing theme park's) entertainment offerings.   Answer Question

Front Desk Concierge Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Walt Disney Company (Orlando, FL) in December 2014.

Interview

You have to fill out the interest form online then wait for an email to schedule your appointment for the actual interview. After the first interview they will decide to put you in the job pool, deny you or ask you for a second interview. If you get into the pool, you wait for a job to open.

Interview Questions

• Subject A is a business woman, no kids or family. Subject B is an couple, no kids. Subject C Family of 5 that has a lower income. Explain the differences in how you would plan their vacation.   Answer Question
    • What do you think of the role of a Disney Concierge entails?   Answer Question
    • Give me an example where you worked as a team player to go above and beyond for a guest.   Answer Question

Cast Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walt Disney Company (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

I saw that they were hiring so I brought in a resume to the store, the manager kept it but told me to go online and apply. She gave me her name to use as an employee referral. I applied online (which was somewhat difficult to find the exact store) She called about 2 days later for a group interview to be the following week.

During the interview we were told how difficult the job is, how it is very confidential. They also don't hire anyone for just the summer which is why I had to turn it down. I will be moving to school in september so I didn't want to have them train me and then I just quit after the summer anyways.

Seems like a good environment. They don't offer shifts longer that 5 hours though. Makes sense, my face hurt from smiling after the hour long interview. Be prepared to work with children and fit the disney look. You also have to hold activities in the store like reading time, scavenger hunts, plays, etc.

Don't stress, do not forget to SMILE!!!!
    they watch body posture throughout the interview!

Goodluck everyone!

Interview Questions

• Gave us 5 minutes to get to know the person beside us. After the 5 minutes we a to repeat everything the other person said.   Answer Question
    • We each had to state our favourite disney movie and create a newspaper headline for that movie.   Answer Question
    • We each had to read a page from a kids book.   Answer Question
    • We were each given a scenario and we had to act out what we would do in that situation.   1 Answer
    • Who is you're mentor and why? and If you could have dinner with anyone dead or alive who would it be and why?   Answer Question

Principal Information Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Walt Disney Company (Orlando, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

I had applied through online and after 2 weeks later i received call from recruiter. He discussed my profile in detail and submitted to hiring manager. Then he scheduled for 2 phone screen rounds of interview and after a week i was called for on-site interview. There i met 7 people or say 7 round of interview.

College Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Walt Disney Company in May 2011.

Interview

The interview process started with an online application, then an online interview if you were selected! From there, the last stage was the phone interview which was very nerve-wracking. The interviewer was very nice though, and she kept it mostly light and conversational. The interview seemed to be more about personality than anything else!

Performer, Costuming, Food and Beverage Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Walt Disney Company (Orlando, FL) in February 2011.

Interview

Interviewer was sweet, joyful and made you feel very comfortable. She asked general information and then had about 5 "challenging" questions. Such as "why do you want to work for Disney?" "have you ever worked far away from home and how has that gone"

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Disney?   1 Answer