Walt Disney Company Interview Questions

2.8

Undeclared Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online - interviewed at Walt Disney Company.

I am a manager and was thrilled to be interviewing for a corporate position, but I became disenchanted during the hiring process.

Initial phone interview by HR about 10 days after online application. The HR team is nicely organized and communicative. Video interview a week later. On-site 2 weeks after that. I was the final/sole candidate at that point.

Each interview was different, and not what was expected at that "stage" of the process. (Personally, I didn't feel that I performed that great from Day 1, and was wondering why they even kept me moving forward?! But I thought perhaps I underestimated my ability, or they really just had no one better to choose from! )

Once on-site, (a vast sea of small cubicles and plain conference rooms,) I met with about 8 people. Hard to explain here, but it feels like a police interrogation, like they have the answers already and know you're guilty, but they enjoy putting you through their line of questioning. Very uncomfortable. They seem to derive some pleasure out of it. Had it been a different company, I'd have removed myself from candidacy...I got the feeling I wouldn't have much job security if hired in this role; they'd always be looking for a way to make me look bad.

I actually wished/expected they'd give me some sort of project vs. a series of interrogations where I was defending myself (rather than illustrating my capabilities). With few exceptions (upper management, who I quite liked,) they came off as smug and unyielding; also, there was a universal vibe of frustration in working for a giant company where decisions go through so many levels, and effecting change is nearly impossible.

I ended up questioning whether I even want to work there in any capacity. I'd already expressed reservations to my family. Sadly, if this was a good example of their culture, maybe it's not for me, after all.

Interview Questions
    • I wasn't expecting to be instructed to explain a gap in employment from 15+ years ago. (Really?!)   Answer Question

Forecasting Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Walt Disney Company in December 2013.

Two interviews with management and potential peers.

Interview Questions
    It was my first job out of college, so I didn't negotiate much, but I did ask for a relocation package.

Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lake Buena Vista, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Buena Vista, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Walt Disney Company in August 2009.

Fortunately, I was interviewed by the department manager, who was a good man, with a focus on what I was looking for as a member of his department. However, he was fired with no explanation given. (Not unusual in Disney's IT division.)

Interview Questions
    • "How much do you expect to be paid? Be very specific with a dollar figure."   View Answer
    Difficult - the interviewer's response was a simple yes-no to the figure you proposed.

Globale Creative Director Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Walt Disney Company.

Face to face, phone call, panel interview, and a final face to face. It was pleasant, very professional and well organized. The only pain is the length of time it takes to run the entire process.

Interview Questions
    • Why us, why now, and how do I know you will stay with us.   Answer Question
    Phone call with executive and negotiation of price.

Bar Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lisbon (Portugal)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisbon (Portugal)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Walt Disney Company in November 2011.

You applied through a Human Resouces Outsourcing company, applying on their website, send CV, if agreed they will make a phone interview. If you pass then you will be asked to attend personal interview.

Interview Questions
    • Hiring process is long, due to all paperwork and health exams you need to do, never takes less than 2 months between applying and being on board.
      They make sure you really want to be on board and that is your first choice! They make sure you are up to work in the cruise due to the physical and mental effort, they make you aware of all difficulties several times to see if you are really up to the challenge.
        Answer Question
    There is no negotiation. Rules are clear. Salary depends of sellings. It is all up to you after you are on board.

Custodial Cast Member, DLR Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Walt Disney Company.

The hiring and interview process is extensive and intense, but so exciting. If you are selected to move on after the initial application online, you will be asked to complete an online interview. This online interview is extensive in itself and consists of a personality/compatibility type format. If you are selected to move on after the online interview, you will be asked to choose an interview time for an in person interview. Business formal is a must. I went to the Disneyland Anaheim office to interview. The interview was generally standard, but of course focused on customer service and passion for the company or your work. The hiring process was beyond exciting. Disney is very much about an inside culture and you not only go through extensive training, but become part of a family through special events and exclusive experiences, like a backstage tour.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was along the lines of giving an example of a time when you were on a team, something went wrong, and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Reservation Sales Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Walt Disney Company in July 2014.

I applied online, and received an E-mail thirty minutes after submitting my resume asking to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was fifteen minutes long, and asked generic questions about my sales experience. At the end of the phone interview the recruiter informed me that I would be moving on in the interview process. The next step was a face to face interview at the reservation center in Orlando. The process took about three hours and included a personality test, computer skills test, interview, and a mock sale. The interviewers are looking for key disney phrases and lingo, so make sure you are familiar with the company.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when a customer refused to accept a company policy, and how did you resolve the situation?   Answer Question
    • What did you do to prepare for the interview?   Answer Question
    Base salary is determined by your experience.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lake Buena Vista, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Buena Vista, FL

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Walt Disney Company in July 2010.

I applied for a financial analyst position that I found via Disney's website. I had two different phone interviews with Disney. The first one was a HR screening call. The second was with someone that worked in the department in which I was applying for. My overall perception of the people was that they seemed cocky. They made comments in which made them appear arrogant. I followed up with a thank you email and they never even bothered to respond.

Interview Questions
    • What are your true weaknesses and don't use common answers like strengths disguised as weaknesses?   Answer Question

Cast Member Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walt Disney Company in July 2011.

I asked for a walk-in application, filled it out, turned it in the next day, within a week they called me to schedule a group interview, 2 days later the manager called me in. During the 2nd "interview" the manager and I discussed pay, scheduling and I signed waivers for a background check. Once that came in they called me to tell me I was hired.

Interview Questions

I decided I don't like children much.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Burbank, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Walt Disney Company in March 2008.

Detailed and extensive. Serial interviews with both peers and supervisors. The corporate culture is consensus based--the ability to network across, between, and internal to business lines is critical. The company likes a diversity of experience. Integrity and personal standards are also paramount. The process is extremely competitive --the company can basically hire who they want. Be prepared to find ways in which your experience goes above and beyond what they are looking for.

Interview Questions
    • The standard --what is your greatest weakness.   View Answer
    I did not negotiate. I would negotiate harder if I had it to do over again.

Worked for Walt Disney Company? Contribute to the Community!