Walt Disney Company

Updated Dec 2, 2014
Updated Dec 2, 2014

2.8

Forecasting Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Walt Disney Company in December 2013.

Two interviews with management and potential peers.

Interview Questions
    It was my first job out of college, so I didn't negotiate much, but I did ask for a relocation package.

Undeclared Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Walt Disney Company.

I am a manager and was thrilled to be interviewing for a corporate position, but I became disenchanted during the hiring process.

Initial phone interview by HR about 10 days after online application. The HR team is nicely organized and communicative. Video interview a week later. On-site 2 weeks after that. I was the final/sole candidate at that point.

Each interview was different, and not what was expected at that "stage" of the process. (Personally, I didn't feel that I performed that great from Day 1, and was wondering why they even kept me moving forward?! But I thought perhaps I underestimated my ability, or they really just had no one better to choose from! )

Once on-site, (a vast sea of small cubicles and plain conference rooms,) I met with about 8 people. Hard to explain here, but it feels like a police interrogation, like they have the answers already and know you're guilty, but they enjoy putting you through their line of questioning. Very uncomfortable. They seem to derive some pleasure out of it. Had it been a different company, I'd have removed myself from candidacy...I got the feeling I wouldn't have much job security if hired in this role; they'd always be looking for a way to make me look bad.

I actually wished/expected they'd give me some sort of project vs. a series of interrogations where I was defending myself (rather than illustrating my capabilities). With few exceptions (upper management, who I quite liked,) they came off as smug and unyielding; also, there was a universal vibe of frustration in working for a giant company where decisions go through so many levels, and effecting change is nearly impossible.

I ended up questioning whether I even want to work there in any capacity. I'd already expressed reservations to my family. Sadly, if this was a good example of their culture, maybe it's not for me, after all.

Interview Questions
    • I wasn't expecting to be instructed to explain a gap in employment from 15+ years ago. (Really?!)   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Walt Disney Company.

Strangest interviews I've ever experienced. First interviewed via phone with dept head who talked most of the hour-long "interview." Before the call ended he said they would call me for the next step. Went to Burbank for in-person interview. The surroundings are very quiet, hot, no one walking around, not friendly - not like one would expect for this particular company.

During the next interview, the same person said all of the same stuff he said in the first interview. He had NO questions for me. It was up to me to interject why I was a fit, ask questions. When the interview ended I asked if he had any concerns about my ability to do the job and he said no. Then I didn't get the job. I wasn't even the slightest bit disappointed because it was so strange.

Interview Questions
    • They never asked me any questions. They do use a bicycle analogy to explain how their team is set up and they use this analogy over and over and over.   Answer Question

Reservation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Walt Disney Company.

The process started out with an online application. Then a few weeks later I was invited to do a phone interview. The questions on the phone interview were pretty standard sales questions and conducted by a recruiter. Then I was invited to an onsite interview a few weeks later. The in person interview consisted of a computer assessment to check typing ability as well as a personality profiling. Then I was interviewed by two people for about two hours. Typical sales questions. Very nice people. Seems like an outstanding company and I hope I am offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • What is your favorite Disney Resort, Disney Restaurant, Disney Ride, Disney Theme Park... and why.   Answer Question

Disney College Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walt Disney Company in March 2010.

Initially filled out an online survey, was approved for a phone interview, and then called to set up an appointment. I had my phone interview and it went very well. I was called within the next few days to say I could have the job if I still wanted it. I did, of course!

Interview Questions
    • What was a time when you had a difficult experience at work and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    It's not really a negotiation since it's a part of the Disney College Program. It's pretty standard.

Finance Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Walt Disney Company in September 2012.

One phone interview that was very basic and after that, an interview that focused on my job application. I didn't get past that part, but I know that that was the end of the process.

Interview Questions
    • Very detailed accounting related questions, such as what type of income is best to go by, etc.   Answer Question

Custodial Cast Member, DLR Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Walt Disney Company.

The hiring and interview process is extensive and intense, but so exciting. If you are selected to move on after the initial application online, you will be asked to complete an online interview. This online interview is extensive in itself and consists of a personality/compatibility type format. If you are selected to move on after the online interview, you will be asked to choose an interview time for an in person interview. Business formal is a must. I went to the Disneyland Anaheim office to interview. The interview was generally standard, but of course focused on customer service and passion for the company or your work. The hiring process was beyond exciting. Disney is very much about an inside culture and you not only go through extensive training, but become part of a family through special events and exclusive experiences, like a backstage tour.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was along the lines of giving an example of a time when you were on a team, something went wrong, and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Environment & Conservation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Walt Disney Company in July 2014.

My first interview was with a manager in the Corporate Citizenship office, with a background in consulting and carbon markets. She was amiable, but somewhat distant throughout the interview, which consisted primarily of questions regarding my experiences with sustainability and project management. She additionally asked very specific questions regarding voluntary carbon reporting standards, paper policies, and GHG inventories, which were very difficult and seemingly beyond that of the job description.

About a week later I received an email from HR asking for my availability for an in-person, panel interview with three managers, including my initial interviewer. Upon arriving to the office, I discovered that a miscommunication led to my interview being scheduled alongside a monthly office-wide meeting. One of the managers came to talk to me for an "informal interview" for about ten minutes before leaving for the meeting, then my initial interviewer came in and interviewed me for the next 45 minutes. This interview built upon the first, with many repeated questions as she had misplaced her notes from two weeks prior. There we additionally other situational questions about my research and project management skills.

At the end of the interview, the manager asked me if I had yet received any paperwork from HR, which led me to believe that I had gotten the position. She also asked me the name of the HR person that contacted me, so that she could speak with her about it. I waited the weekend, then sent a followup email, to which she responded that I would hear back shortly. I never received a response, but after about three weeks my status on DisneyCareers changed to "No Longer In Consideration."

Interview Questions
    • Let's say that I want you to compare and contrast the Climate Action Reserve, the Verified Carbon Standard, and the American Carbon Registry with the Kyoto Protocol. How would you go about researching and presenting this information?   View Answer

Reservation Sales Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Walt Disney Company in July 2014.

I applied online, and received an E-mail thirty minutes after submitting my resume asking to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was fifteen minutes long, and asked generic questions about my sales experience. At the end of the phone interview the recruiter informed me that I would be moving on in the interview process. The next step was a face to face interview at the reservation center in Orlando. The process took about three hours and included a personality test, computer skills test, interview, and a mock sale. The interviewers are looking for key disney phrases and lingo, so make sure you are familiar with the company.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when a customer refused to accept a company policy, and how did you resolve the situation?   Answer Question
    • What did you do to prepare for the interview?   Answer Question
    Base salary is determined by your experience.

College Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Walt Disney Company in October 2013.

I applied for the college internship for a cast character. The woman I spoke to was very nice yet did not show much emotion due to the fact of not wanting to show any favoritism or any tip that I would be moving on to the next step. My interview was great and I moved on to the audition process where I was declined for my height but they were great people and it was an amazing experience

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a child stepped on you and you were a headed costume that does not speak?   View Answer