Walt Disney Company

194 candidate interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Mountain View, CA

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Walt Disney Company.

Interview Details – I was interviewed for Disney Interactive Media Group (http://dimg.disneycareers.com/). I had read and heard reviews from a friend who used to work there. The Technology, Compensation, Rewards, learning and development prospects are simply excellent. I understand that the employee satisfaction ratio is pretty good too.

Interview Question – The response was quick (it was an employee referral), the Recruiter did not brief me about the role or team, but asked me talk (talk and not a interview) to the Hiring Manager the same evening for 15-20mins to get to know more about the company, team and role. And so the Hiring Manager calls me in the evening.

He does not introduce himself except for his name. The next question was, "what are you currently working on?". I explained him about my role, product, technology and some features I am working on, taking 2-3 mins. And then the firing begins.

In the next 20 to 22 mins he asks me about 35 questions! Well was it a rapid fire round?!? It was simply disgusting. He hardly had any telephone etiquette either. When I tried answer a question in detail or with an example, he often cut short me saying, "leave it" (well, I knew what I was talking).

He remarked C++ was not a Object Oriented Language. While trying to explain pros and cons of Java and C++, he cut me off and asked, "okay, then tell me the difference b/w overriding and overloading". He kept on throwing question at me just like a rapid fire round in a Quiz competition. None of them were related to DataStructures, Algorithms, Design like the regular interview question.

Midway, he asked - "Do you have any questions for me?". I thanked him for asking and told him that, I had not spoken to the recruiter and asked him to brief me about the team, technology and role. To which his response was, "We work heavily on Java. Everything is on Java a lot of it". And that is all he said....At some point I really wanted to cut the call and call it, the end. If he is a Java/J2EE guru so be him. I was not trying to get any certification here.

One of his questions goes like this..... "You have developed on Unix right. So, tell me the command to kill a process in Unix". I disliked the way the question were put or even the transition from one topic to other. In short, this was the worst interviewer I have ever spoken to in my 8+ years of Development career. And never expected it would be from Disney!

Aside: While interviewing candidates, I have always received guidelines and training from my Manager and HR on how and what to talk to an candidate. An interviewer is a representative of the Company. And in this case he was a Manager. Well, I thought the title comes with some respectable qualities and much better presentation.
  View Answers (2)

Reason for Declining – I wouldn't ever want to work under such a hiring manager.

Marketing Intern Interview

Marketing Intern

Interviewed at Walt Disney Company

Interview Details – I applied through the online portal and got an email from the HR asking to schedule a phone screening. The screening was very brief and simple. She followed up with an email for a second interview. I didn't go through with it because I got hired at another company.

Interview Question – Why are you a good fit for Disney?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Walt Disney Company

Interview Details – Disney had an online module where you would learn about the company and the various intern positions available. After you finish the module, you take a lengthy personality test, and if you pass, you will get a phone interview.

Interview Question – Nothing in particular.   Answer Question

Travel Operations Planning Optimization Internship Interview

Travel Operations Planning Optimization Internship

I applied online and interviewed at Walt Disney Company.

Interview Details – Got a phone interview call after a week

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I havn't got the repl yet...

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Walt Disney Company.

Interview Details – I had 2 phone-interview for the professional project internship. The first is the behavior questions, and talked about you basic information. the second came almost 3 weeks later. for the second one, it looks there are two people over the phone, and the interview included some question from resume and 2 cases resolve. Finally they asked my interested characterize in Disney.

Interview Question – how to manage the check desk in restaurant or the cruise schedule   Answer Question

Enterprise Finance Process Intern Interview

Enterprise Finance Process Intern

Interviewed at Walt Disney Company

Interview Details – One phone interview with HR to make sure you are qualified. Followed by another phone interview with a Senior Manager or Director of the department. Finally, an in person interview with 3-5 members of the Enterprise Finance Process Team. As a candidate, you need to thoroughly know and understand your own background, the software that you will be using, Disney as a conglomerate, and exactly what the job description says.

Interview Question – Please explain to us the software here we use and if you have any experience or exposure using it.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst

Interviewed at Walt Disney Company

Interview Details – it's a financial analyst internship position. Phone interview first. Asked about team work ability, favorite course, expected salary, knowledge of finance and accounting and some other common behavior questions

Interview Question – asked if i had tatoo or not   Answer Question

Undergraduate Associate Interview

Undergraduate Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Walt Disney Company.

Interview Details – Applied online. Received 20 min phone call from HR screener that asked basic behavioral questions including qualifications, previous experience, skills set, career aspirations, why Disney. Then invited to interview with department and department leadership (Director) over 3 separate meeting. Lastly, HR contacted with offer.

Interview Question – What is a true weakness that can be interpreted as a positive?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Interviewed at Walt Disney Company

Interview Details – Was a phone interview, mostly just to get to know me. Interviewer was very nice and asked what general skills I had to see if I was a fit for the internship.

Interview Question – All the questions were related to what skills I possessed. Nothing technical.   Answer Question

Marketing Assistant Interview

Marketing Assistant

Interviewed at Walt Disney Company

Interview Details – 3 rounds, comprising of HR, the hiring manager and then the director/vp. Questions are behavioural (tell me of a time when...) each interview might take approximately 1 hour. to advance you have to demonstrate the Disney magic - smiles, personality, and commitment to the story.

Interview Question – Who is your favourite character. I would suggest picking one off the beaten path, but you know VERY well, because the followup will be why, or tell me about that story (just to see if you know your stuff). I picked one of the dwarves (from snow white) and had a pretty good reason. Try to tie it in with your skillset if possible.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Couldn't negotiate. it was disney.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Walt Disney Company

Worked for Walt Disney Company? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Walt Disney Company interview questions and advice. All 194 interview reviews posted anonymously by Walt Disney Company employees and interview candidates.