Walt Disney Company Interview Questions

2.8

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Walt Disney Company.

I was interviewed for Disney Interactive Media Group (http://dimg.disneycareers.com/). I had read and heard reviews from a friend who used to work there. The Technology, Compensation, Rewards, learning and development prospects are simply excellent. I understand that the employee satisfaction ratio is pretty good too.

Interview Questions
    • The response was quick (it was an employee referral), the Recruiter did not brief me about the role or team, but asked me talk (talk and not a interview) to the Hiring Manager the same evening for 15-20mins to get to know more about the company, team and role. And so the Hiring Manager calls me in the evening.

He does not introduce himself except for his name. The next question was, "what are you currently working on?". I explained him about my role, product, technology and some features I am working on, taking 2-3 mins. And then the firing begins.

In the next 20 to 22 mins he asks me about 35 questions! Well was it a rapid fire round?!? It was simply disgusting. He hardly had any telephone etiquette either. When I tried answer a question in detail or with an example, he often cut short me saying, "leave it" (well, I knew what I was talking).

He remarked C++ was not a Object Oriented Language. While trying to explain pros and cons of Java and C++, he cut me off and asked, "okay, then tell me the difference b/w overriding and overloading". He kept on throwing question at me just like a rapid fire round in a Quiz competition. None of them were related to DataStructures, Algorithms, Design like the regular interview question.

Midway, he asked - "Do you have any questions for me?". I thanked him for asking and told him that, I had not spoken to the recruiter and asked him to brief me about the team, technology and role. To which his response was, "We work heavily on Java. Everything is on Java a lot of it". And that is all he said....At some point I really wanted to cut the call and call it, the end. If he is a Java/J2EE guru so be him. I was not trying to get any certification here.

One of his questions goes like this..... "You have developed on Unix right. So, tell me the command to kill a process in Unix". I disliked the way the question were put or even the transition from one topic to other. In short, this was the worst interviewer I have ever spoken to in my 8+ years of Development career. And never expected it would be from Disney!

Aside: While interviewing candidates, I have always received guidelines and training from my Manager and HR on how and what to talk to an candidate. An interviewer is a representative of the Company. And in this case he was a Manager. Well, I thought the title comes with some respectable qualities and much better presentation.
        View Answers (2)

I wouldn't ever want to work under such a hiring manager.

Marketing Intern Interview

I applied through the online portal and got an email from the HR asking to schedule a phone screening. The screening was very brief and simple. She followed up with an email for a second interview. I didn't go through with it because I got hired at another company.

Intern Interview

Disney had an online module where you would learn about the company and the various intern positions available. After you finish the module, you take a lengthy personality test, and if you pass, you will get a phone interview.

Travel Operations Planning Optimization Internship Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Walt Disney Company.

Got a phone interview call after a week

Interview Questions
    I havn't got the repl yet...

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Walt Disney Company.

I had 2 phone-interview for the professional project internship. The first is the behavior questions, and talked about you basic information. the second came almost 3 weeks later. for the second one, it looks there are two people over the phone, and the interview included some question from resume and 2 cases resolve. Finally they asked my interested characterize in Disney.

Interview Questions
    • how to manage the check desk in restaurant or the cruise schedule   Answer Question

Enterprise Finance Process Intern Interview

One phone interview with HR to make sure you are qualified. Followed by another phone interview with a Senior Manager or Director of the department. Finally, an in person interview with 3-5 members of the Enterprise Finance Process Team. As a candidate, you need to thoroughly know and understand your own background, the software that you will be using, Disney as a conglomerate, and exactly what the job description says.

Interview Questions
    • Please explain to us the software here we use and if you have any experience or exposure using it.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

it's a financial analyst internship position. Phone interview first. Asked about team work ability, favorite course, expected salary, knowledge of finance and accounting and some other common behavior questions

Undergraduate Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Walt Disney Company.

Applied online. Received 20 min phone call from HR screener that asked basic behavioral questions including qualifications, previous experience, skills set, career aspirations, why Disney. Then invited to interview with department and department leadership (Director) over 3 separate meeting. Lastly, HR contacted with offer.

Interview Questions
    • What is a true weakness that can be interpreted as a positive?   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Intern Interview

Was a phone interview, mostly just to get to know me. Interviewer was very nice and asked what general skills I had to see if I was a fit for the internship.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were related to what skills I possessed. Nothing technical.   Answer Question

Marketing Assistant Interview

3 rounds, comprising of HR, the hiring manager and then the director/vp. Questions are behavioural (tell me of a time when...) each interview might take approximately 1 hour. to advance you have to demonstrate the Disney magic - smiles, personality, and commitment to the story.

Interview Questions
    • Who is your favourite character. I would suggest picking one off the beaten path, but you know VERY well, because the followup will be why, or tell me about that story (just to see if you know your stuff). I picked one of the dwarves (from snow white) and had a pretty good reason. Try to tie it in with your skillset if possible.   Answer Question
    Couldn't negotiate. it was disney.