Walt Disney Company Interview Questions

2.8

Reservation Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online - interviewed at Walt Disney Company.

Applied online and got an email a almost 2 months later requesting a
    Phone interview. A week later I was interviewed over the phone and after initial screening, was invited to an in-person interview the following week.

The in-person interview consisted of taking a data entry assessment and some multiple choice personality tests before being interviewed. If they don't like your results they won't interview you. I made it to the next step and was interviewed by a manager and a trainer. Both were really kind and informative.

A month later I got a call saying I got the job. Lengthily process for me but I couldn't be happier.

My advice is be confident and show them you love the company and are knowledgeable about the whole resort.

Ad Sales and Promotiona Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Moscow (Russia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)

4 interviews with HR, Group Interview with the theatrical team, Marketing Director and General Director for Films (Joint Venture with Sony Pictures). Pretty much the same questions about my experience and projects, list of clients, asked for recommendations from my clients and my previous boss.

Attractions Host Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walt Disney Company in May 2012.

Applied online, took the personality test and scheduled an interview. The interview was very easy and I was hired on the spot to a full-time position, which is apparently very rare.

Interview Questions
    I was offered full-time from my interview, which is apparently very rare.

Undergraduate Associate () Interview

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Walt Disney Company in February 2014.

I applied for the summer internship position through the Disneycareers site. The application required typical personal information and a resume+cover letter. After I applied I received an email thanking me for applying. 10 days later I got an email from the Disney Professional Internship recruiter to schedule Phone Screening. The phone screening was with an internship recruiter located in Florida. She asked me basic questions about my background, resume, and confirmed some information for the position. It was a short, straightforward interview, and easy in my opinion. About 2 weeks later I got another email from a recruiter asking me to schedule a panel interview with my potential team. Since I was not local, I did a phone call-panel interview. My interviewer were the director of the department, my future manager, and a senior analyst on the team. The call was scheduled for 45 minutes and consisted of questions asking about my work experience. Overall, I also thought this interview was easy, which may have been because my interviewers were super nice and enthusiastic. After that interview was over, I had a final interview with the same individual via montage (Disney's virtual interviewing platform). For this interview, they did not ask me any further questions about my experience but more about my availability and start date. It seemed that they already decided to offer the position to me, and just wanted to confirm my time commitment and role. This was a good opportunity to ask them more in depth questions about the position. I think this was extremely important because at this point it is up to you to determine whether the position is a good fit or not. A day after this interview, I received a call from the department's HR person, who offered me the position.

Interview Questions
    • You are coming from a non-profit, how do you think your experience at that company will influence/impact your time at this company?   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate the intern pay. Although I came to the company with a bunch of experience, the recruiter said the intern pay is set, company wide.

Treasury Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Walt Disney Company in March 2012.

The process was smooth. Applied in Nov, they called me in Jan. They did several short phone interviews. The first was with a recruiter, then she passed me to the department hiring mgr. He asked me several tech questions and then behavioral questions. After another phone interview (3rd one) they flew me on-site for a full day of interviews with the entire department. Everyone was so nice. Their campus is great. It is mostly all behavioral.. and they want to see if your personality blends with theirs.

They did negotiate alot with me. I really liked them actually. They clearly want the right fit for the job, and less about your exact quant skills.

Interview Questions

I wanted immediate international experience.

Undergraduate Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Glendale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Walt Disney Company.

I had 3 rounds of interviews with 6 people. The first one was a phone screening with an HR, and 1-2 weeks later I was emailed by another HR to schedule a personal interview itinerary with 30-minute each for a total of 2 hours. People were extremely nice and they asked me about life goals and personal interest. Nothing difficult, it's more like a daily conversation with a friend. You do have to answer some experience-related questions regarding the job position. Then 2-3 weeks later I was asked to schedule another phone interview with a professional, then after 2 weeks I was informed the interview result.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult, asked me about multi-task ability, challenging projects I've done and what I've learned from it.   Answer Question
    There's no way to negotiate the hourly salary, because everyone gets the same. I did negotiate with weekly hours and that was approved.

Costuming/Part Time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walt Disney Company.

I applied on line. First you fill out a general application where you submit your work and education history and other basic information. After I filled this out a, few hours later, I received an email stating I've been accepted for a web based interview. This was essentially a personality test asking multiple choice questions like "what would you do if you had a disagreement?". It's really important to use your common sense because the web interview is basically a behavior based interview. Shortly after I completed that, I received a notice saying that I had been selected for an in person interview and they emailed me a link that led me to a page with about four different dates and several different time slots to choose from. Once I chose a time slot I received a conformation email. The day of the physical interview I arrived about 17 minutes early, which was good because there were already a good handful of people waiting in the lobby. I went in with a smile on my face and a cheery disposition, something Disney is looking for. When I went to go sit down in the lobby I noticed that a lot of people were being very quiet and somber. I ended up engaging in conversation with a lady who was applying for a different position. It was actually a good thing I started talking to her because she used to work in the department I was applying for and she gave me a lot of advice. You don't have to talk to people, in fact don't force it, but I felt that this displayed my people skills. While waiting, my interviewer to came out to greet me. I made direct eye contact and gave a firm handshake. While he led me back to my office I he asked me a couple questions. I currently reside out of state so he asked me if I was planning on relocating, to which I said yes. Once we say down in his office which was a bit small but not cramped, he sat down behind a desk and was at his computer. He ask me about my work history, why did I want to work for disney, etc.?, and a few other questions. Because I did my best to be confident and smile the whole time, the actual interview only lasted about 10 minutes. He then asked me when I would be willing to start and also asked me when I would be available for an overview meeting. He ended up scheduling me to do an overview the next day which was basically a meeting with a manager in the position you've applied for and they go over the requirements and tasks of the job. I think this is more or less to make sure you have the right idea about the job. Just like the interview, you should approach this with confidence because you may or may it have the job at this point. After the overview, the manger said to me that I would be receiving a call shortly with a job offer. I had only been in my car for about 10 minutes when I got the job offer. Some other points I'd like to stress about the interview Is make sure you are dressed nice. I mean business formal nice. It's better to over dress than under dress. Also, be confident and smile a lot. Finally, be yourself. If they don't want you for who you are, then you don't want to work for them. Also, if you are flying in for an interview like I did, try and schedule an extra day to be there after your interview invade they want a second interview. You probably wouldn't want to waste money on a plane ticket just for. Second interview. If you can plan two extra days, even better. Also, make sure you have two official forms of identification on you. Ex. Drivers lisence and birth certificate. One I'd has to have a photo.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, other than starting date. I had to move from out of state so, I needed at least two weeks. They were fairly accommodating.

Reservation Sales Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Walt Disney Company in July 2014.

I applied online, and received an E-mail thirty minutes after submitting my resume asking to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was fifteen minutes long, and asked generic questions about my sales experience. At the end of the phone interview the recruiter informed me that I would be moving on in the interview process. The next step was a face to face interview at the reservation center in Orlando. The process took about three hours and included a personality test, computer skills test, interview, and a mock sale. The interviewers are looking for key disney phrases and lingo, so make sure you are familiar with the company.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when a customer refused to accept a company policy, and how did you resolve the situation?   Answer Question
    • What did you do to prepare for the interview?   Answer Question
    Base salary is determined by your experience.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Walt Disney Company in July 2014.

I had three interviews, first was a phone interview from a recruiter with details about the internship. The recruiter was very nice and upbeat. Second interview was over Skype with the team leader, I had to answer some questions about myself and explain two data structures with their big-O runtimes. Then I was emailed a coding challenge. Third interview consisted of a short interview, reviewing code, and having lunch with some of the team members.

Overall it was a great experience.

None.

Accounting Rotational Program Entry-Level Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Walt Disney Company.

A recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn, gave a brief introduction of the program and asked for available times for a phone call.

Asked standard interview questions about my resume and asked if I researched anything else about the program. I said I didn't find anything else but did find information on the company's leadership and how its stocks hit above $90 first time in fifteen years.

The program required at least one year of professional experience, which I did not have. The recruiter said she'd refer me to their summer internship program.

Interview Questions

Worked for Walt Disney Company? Contribute to the Community!