Walt Disney Company

Relevance Date Difficulty

College Internship Interview

College Internship
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Walt Disney Company in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied for the college internship for a cast character. The woman I spoke to was very nice yet did not show much emotion due to the fact of not wanting to show any favoritism or any tip that I would be moving on to the next step. My interview was great and I moved on to the audition process where I was declined for my height but they were great people and it was an amazing experience

Interview Question – What would you do if a child stepped on you and you were a headed costume that does not speak?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview

Burbank, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Walt Disney Company in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied this position online. A couple days late, I received a email from Disney which asked for a phone interview. Then, I scheduled a spot to do the interview with the HR person. The question included a lot of behavioral questions. The HR personnel sounds very energetic and enthusiastic. You can tell the passion through the conversation with him. Overall, I think I did ok, but I haven't get the ticket to next round.

Interview Question – What's the most difficult situation you were facing? How did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Professional Intern Interview

Professional Intern
Burbank, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walt Disney Company in April 2014.

Interview Details – First, a recruiter reached out and expressed interest in hiring me for an internship position. Shortly after, my would-be team had a series of phone calls with me, all taking place over the course of 2 days. They extended me an offer same day, and I followed up with the recruiter.

Interview Question – Why Disney? - I was asked this question many times in a variety of formats by many of the people interviewing me. They came about in different wordings - Why entertainment? Why media? Why marketing? - but the core of the question was definitely "Why Disney?"   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

College Program Interview

College Program

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Walt Disney Company in October 2013.

Interview Details – First you have to submit an application online with your basic information and what roles you would like to apply for. After that if they like you, they will send you an email with an invitation to do a web based interview. After this interview is completed, if they select you to move on, you will get another email asking to schedule a phone interview.
HOW TO MAKE A LIST OF THINGS TO SAY IN THE INTERVIEW
1. Think of the roles you want to apply for. Doesn't matter what it is, just think of the roles.
Identify what makes someone THE BEST at that role. Not just good, the best. What does the picture perfect cast member look like? If you want to be a Fairy Godmother in training, what in your mind is a perfect FGiT?

2. Think of that list of traits and qualities, and then think of how many of those you exemplify or that experience has given you. For example, if you're applying for Concierge and you know Concierge folk have to be friendly and welcoming, and you've gotten lots of experience and were told you were definitely friendly and welcoming, that's a good thing. Write it down.

3. Now you have a list of things YOU'RE good at that match what the PICTURE PERFECT CAST MEMBER is good at. It may not match completely, but that's OK. You now want to remember stories of your experiences- what was one EXCEPTIONAL time that you displayed the traits you know you're good at? If you're having trouble, try thinking back to times you had to deal with difficult Guests/customers, and situations like those where you handled it well. Remember several of these stories, and write them down. The more the better.

4. Practice recalling these stories out loud until they are natural.

5. You're all set. Now all you have to do is, whenever they ask a question of you, see if you can answer the question by steering the conversation in the direction of your experiences.

QUESTIONS SOMEONE WAS ASKED DURING THEIR INTERVIEW
1. We talked about my past work experience and she asked which job that I’ve had has been my favorite.

2. The ever important why you want to work for Disney and if I’d ever consider working full time with Disney. This is definitely something you’re going to want to have an answer prepared for as it is always asked. I was also asked if I had a favorite park or attraction.

3. Would you rather work in groups or independently?

4. How would you describe your work pace?

5. She of course asked what my top 3 roles were and asked if I would be interested in adding custodial or housekeeping. She made a comment about how I had a good long list of roles at the beginning of the interview. This really made me nervous even though she said there was no right or wrong answer and after I said no, she just said ok and we moved on. It’s quite common for interviewers to ask if you’re willing to add roles such as QSFB or housekeeping to your checklist as these are roles that require a lot of people but not many people want. If you really don’t want to do them, don’t be afraid to say no. I said my top 3 were Attractions, Merchandise, and Character Attendant.

6. Why do you want to be a character attendant?

7. What have you done in your past jobs where you’ve made a guest feel special?

8. How would I instill Disney magic from beginning to end at the entrances? Or something like that. This was a question directed towards Main Entrance Operations.

9. Do you have any cash handling experience? I mentioned working at a fast food restaurant at the beginning and after asking this she was like, “Oh at Culvers’, right?”

10. She asked about my experience speaking in front of groups and how it makes me feel. I mentioned most of my experience was from presentations in class so she asked what the longest speech I’ve had to memorize was.
11. She also asked how I’d feel about doing a job that was repetitive. Then she asked what I’d do if I was interrupted while giving a speech or something.

The person who had these questions/answers got accepted and is now on a professional internship with Disney.

Finance Intern Interview

Finance Intern
Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Walt Disney Company in September 2012.

Interview Details – One phone interview that was very basic and after that, an interview that focused on my job application. I didn't get past that part, but I know that that was the end of the process.

Interview Question – Very detailed accounting related questions, such as what type of income is best to go by, etc.   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

Marketing Analyst
Burbank, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Walt Disney Company.

Interview Details – I found out about the position by a friend. This is one of those companies where it is extremely hard to get your foot thru the door. So if you know someone have them help you submit your resume. For the interview I had a phone interview and then an in person interview with a team of three (all one on ones). I was offered the position the next day.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult. All the questions were pertaining to the job. As long as you knew what you were applying for and related your past experience to the position you will be fine.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiating. It was set for a contractors.

Senior Project Manager - Contractor Interview

Senior Project Manager - Contractor
Burbank, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Walt Disney Company.

Interview Details – Culture here is corporate to the extreme. Very little in the way of compassion or understanding from senior management, which can be a good thing if you are a stock holder, but bad if you are a permanent employee. Very disorganized and processless work environment, good for contractors who get paid hourly. No accountability for permanent employees who make mistakes, but contracts come and go like the wind. Typical overgrown corporate experience.

Interview Question – Tell me about some of the projects you worked on.
Tell me about how you handled a difficult situation
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes, asked for higher title and salary to my agency and received it.

Very Easy Interview

Web Developer Interview

Web Developer
Orlando, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Walt Disney Company in May 2014.

Interview Details – Received an email from a Disney Recruiter saying that he had seen my resume and was impressed with my HTML experience. He also called, but I missed the call. I responded to his email, then called him back the next day. We chatted while he pulled up my resume, which I assume having been pulled down from one of the job boards was fairly mashed up. Over the next few minutes, he noted that I had had a contract at Disney previously and asked about that. I gave him a summation of that job. He asked for a copy of my most recent resume--I said I'd send it. During this time, he's still looking through the downloaded copy. All of a sudden, he says, "You've been contracting. I don't know if you're what we're looking for." I figured it was one of two things, either he'd gotten down to the education portion and figured out I was over 65 (I don't think Disney has any issues with hiring people over 65 for the minimum wage jobs, but I've run across a few times in applying where they don't seem to prefer 35 and under for technical positions if the position is going to result in or starts out as permanent placement. I thought the other possibility was that he noted that the recent contracts we've done have been through my own company (i.e., multi-owner LLC), so were basically freelance contracts, rather than W-2. From working on the one contract at Disney and comments friends and neighbors have made who work or worked for Disney, other than the Imagineers, the company isn't too trusting of those who partially survive by being self-employed (i.e., finding their own contracts). I'm not sure why, since they profess to be seeking people who can manage their time and work without close supervision. So, maybe it was the age think.

Interview Question – Other than noting the one contract I had worked at Disney, and blurting out "You've been contracting," he asked no questions that related to anything to do with the job beyond his initial statement in his email that he had contacted me specifically because of the breadth of my HTML experience. So no questions.   View Answer

Finance Intern Interview

Finance Intern

Interviewed at Walt Disney Company

Interview Details – applied online and got an email asking me to sign up for a 30 minutes interview. Then interviewed by hr. the hr person was very quiet. She just asked the questions and then typed my answer. there were no interaction.

Interview Question – everything is pretty ordinary   Answer Question

Office Assistant Interview

Office Assistant
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walt Disney Company in June 2010.

Interview Details – one interview and asked basic questions such as why I want to work for the company, best and worst qualities. Asked what information I knew about the company and because I did research that helped in getting the show

Interview Question – no unusual questions   Answer Question