Walt Disney Company

Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Orland Park, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 10 months - interviewed at Walt Disney Company in April 2012.

Interview Details – I started my interview process in January, was offered a job in August and then told that there was an org chart change in November right before I was supposed to move for the job. I interviewed with 2 HR people in LA and 4 people in Florida.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was about how I felt about managing people. When I said I didn't mind, they said well you might have a problem with this job because you won't be managing people. I didn't know if that was a way to see if I would be bothered by this or not. It threw me off.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered the job, got the moving package, and then moved to the salary negotiation. That wasn't any different than anything I have ever been through. They give you a number, you ask for more, you meet in the middle.

Data Analyst Interview

Data Analyst

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Walt Disney Company.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a call back about my application. The interview process was completed within two weeks. I had four rounds of interview starting from a basic HR call to more specific rounds. The initial round was more to know about me. The subsequent rounds are technical and position oriented.

Interview Question – I was asked about previous projects in data analysis. I was asked to justify the models that were used. There were follow-up questions as well.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Walt Disney Company.

Interview Details – Was contacted via linkedIn, had 4 phone interviews that went well, discussed data planning and client interactions. All day interviews at multiple campuses with 5 different people was long and would have worked better as a panel interview. After extensive communication throughout the whole process, never heard back until I finally received an automated rejection email from brassring a few weeks later.

Interview Question – non-technical questions regarding delivering complex data sets to non-technical clients.   Answer Question

Marketing Assistant Interview

Marketing Assistant

Interviewed at Walt Disney Company

Interview Details – 3 rounds, comprising of HR, the hiring manager and then the director/vp. Questions are behavioural (tell me of a time when...) each interview might take approximately 1 hour. to advance you have to demonstrate the Disney magic - smiles, personality, and commitment to the story.

Interview Question – Who is your favourite character. I would suggest picking one off the beaten path, but you know VERY well, because the followup will be why, or tell me about that story (just to see if you know your stuff). I picked one of the dwarves (from snow white) and had a pretty good reason. Try to tie it in with your skillset if possible.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Couldn't negotiate. it was disney.

Very Difficult Interview

Forecasting Analyst Interview

Forecasting Analyst

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Walt Disney Company in December 2013.

Interview Details – Two interviews with management and potential peers.

Interview Question – Forecasting case study   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was my first job out of college, so I didn't negotiate much, but I did ask for a relocation package.

Professional Internship Interview

Professional Internship

Interview Details – Phone interview

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walt Disney Company in August 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interviewed by HR first, and then phone interviewed by the hiring managers. Then onsite interview.

Interview Question – case study onsite   Answer Question

Globale Creative Director Interview

Globale Creative Director

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Walt Disney Company.

Interview Details – Face to face, phone call, panel interview, and a final face to face. It was pleasant, very professional and well organized. The only pain is the length of time it takes to run the entire process.

Interview Question – Why us, why now, and how do I know you will stay with us.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Phone call with executive and negotiation of price.

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Walt Disney Company

Interview Details – Was a phone interview, mostly just to get to know me. Interviewer was very nice and asked what general skills I had to see if I was a fit for the internship.

Interview Question – All the questions were related to what skills I possessed. Nothing technical.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Burbank, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Walt Disney Company.

Interview Details – A phone call with the manager, followed by a technical/business discussion. A bit of salary negotiation, followed by an offer.

Interview Question – I was hired for a niche expertise which they needed but didn't have. They did not ask extremely difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Walt Disney Company