Walt Disney Company

197 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Globale Creative Director Interview

Globale Creative Director

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Walt Disney Company.

Interview Details – Face to face, phone call, panel interview, and a final face to face. It was pleasant, very professional and well organized. The only pain is the length of time it takes to run the entire process.

Interview Question – Why us, why now, and how do I know you will stay with us.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Phone call with executive and negotiation of price.

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Walt Disney Company

Interview Details – Was a phone interview, mostly just to get to know me. Interviewer was very nice and asked what general skills I had to see if I was a fit for the internship.

Interview Question – All the questions were related to what skills I possessed. Nothing technical.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Burbank, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Walt Disney Company.

Interview Details – A phone call with the manager, followed by a technical/business discussion. A bit of salary negotiation, followed by an offer.

Interview Question – I was hired for a niche expertise which they needed but didn't have. They did not ask extremely difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Group Sales Professional Intern Interview

Group Sales Professional Intern

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Walt Disney Company in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online to about 20 different professional internships. Was contacted two days later to set up an HR phone screen which consisted of very standard interview questions. Was contacted about a month and a half later for individual interviews with hiring managers. The Group Sales interview was also fairly standard and was very much focused on what I had done in my previous job. The hiring managers were great - we laughed a lot and it was very laid back. Received a formal offer the day after the interview, but was told I had the job moments after the interview. I don't believe this happens often so don't expect to hear back so quickly!

Interview Question – Asked question about a photo on my Facebook page.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation as it's an internship.

Credit Analyst Interview

Credit Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Walt Disney Company.

Interview Details – Found the job posting online, first got a screening phone call from the HR department, and eventually went in for an interview. Everyone was friendly, but there was a small research exercise with questions that caught me off guard. It was a good experience overall since there was no difficult questions, and the manager and supervisor that joined the interview were both nice people with easy going questions.

Interview Question – Didn't really ask any difficult questions, they asked mostly the general behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Senior Analyst

Interviewed at Walt Disney Company

Interview Details – The interview process is extremely long. It can take months from the initial submission of your resume to your actual first day of work. There are generally multiple rounds of interviews. In my case, between each round of interviews 2-3 weeks went by. So it often feels like you aren't making progress, when in fact you are.

Interview Question – I was transitioning into a new functional area so the most difficult question for me was why I would be a good fit given that my background was different from what I was applying to.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There's not much room to negotiate since salaries as set by a corporate compensation team to stay within a narrow range based on the title of the position.

Cook for International Food & Wine Festival Interview

Cook for International Food & Wine Festival
Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Walt Disney Company in September 2013.

Interview Details – Disney visited the campus of my Orlando culinary college on a recruiting mission for the upcoming International Food & Wine Festival being held at Epcot. It was suggested by the chef instructors this would not only be excellent experience, but would look very good on our resume or portfolio. I applied online and was called the next day for an interview. The culinary human resources person was very professional, accommodating and eager to hear what my career goals were in this field.

Interview Question – Industry specific questions such as identifying different types of knife cuts, food groups etc. Name three types of greens.   Answer Question

Technical Specialist Interview

Technical Specialist
Lake Buena Vista, FL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Walt Disney Company in August 2009.

Interview Details – Fortunately, I was interviewed by the department manager, who was a good man, with a focus on what I was looking for as a member of his department. However, he was fired with no explanation given. (Not unusual in Disney's IT division.)

Interview Question – "How much do you expect to be paid? Be very specific with a dollar figure."   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Difficult - the interviewer's response was a simple yes-no to the figure you proposed.

Server Interview

Server
Lake Buena Vista, FL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Walt Disney Company in May 2009.

Interview Details – Meet with casting, but never sit with a manager to be interviewed

Interview Question – have you ever served before   Answer Question

Sourcing Specialist II Interview

Sourcing Specialist II
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Walt Disney Company in August 2013.

Interview Details – At least 3 rounds. First is screening by HR. Second is a phone interview with Hiring Manager, and third is a few other managers who would interview.

Interview Question – How do you know if a price you pay is fair or competitive if there are no alternative sources?   Answer Question