Walt Disney Company Interview Questions

2.8

College Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Walt Disney Company in October 2013.

I applied for the college internship for a cast character. The woman I spoke to was very nice yet did not show much emotion due to the fact of not wanting to show any favoritism or any tip that I would be moving on to the next step. My interview was great and I moved on to the audition process where I was declined for my height but they were great people and it was an amazing experience

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a child stepped on you and you were a headed costume that does not speak?   View Answer

Group Sales Professional Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Walt Disney Company in October 2013.

Applied online to about 20 different professional internships. Was contacted two days later to set up an HR phone screen which consisted of very standard interview questions. Was contacted about a month and a half later for individual interviews with hiring managers. The Group Sales interview was also fairly standard and was very much focused on what I had done in my previous job. The hiring managers were great - we laughed a lot and it was very laid back. Received a formal offer the day after the interview, but was told I had the job moments after the interview. I don't believe this happens often so don't expect to hear back so quickly!

Interview Questions
    • Asked question about a photo on my Facebook page.   View Answer
    No negotiation as it's an internship.

Disneyland Resort Health and Safety Internship Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Walt Disney Company.

I applied for the position months ago and didn't hear anything for a while. Fortunately, I was asked to have a phone interview for the position. I had a single phone interview with a Disney HR person. Questions that were asked me included: "Why are you interested in a Disney Professional Internship" "Talk about a difficult interaction you had with a coworker and how was it resolved" and "What are important qualities of a leader" I was then able to ask questions to the HR representative. The interview took about 25 minutes.

Professional Intern - Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walt Disney Company.

Got a call a few days after applying asking to set up a phone interview for a few days later. The interviewer was with HR, no one directly involved in the position. Asked general, non-technical, behavioral questions. "Why Disney?", "Tell me about a time you had to lead.", etc. About six of those questions in total. Then ended with logistical confirmations such as whether you could transport yourself to the job location if hired, etc. Let me know that she wasn't sure if the hiring manager was going to do further interviews or if they would hire based on these interviews, which seemed odd to me as this is different than what others have said on here. Said someone would let me know in 2-3 weeks, it's been 4 and haven't heard anything, so who knows?

Interview Questions
    • If you were leading a team, how would you organize it?   Answer Question

Lobby Concierge/Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walt Disney Company in September 2013.

I was already working full time for Disney as a front desk cast member when the concierge position was posted online. I applied online and recieved an invitation to complete an online interview within hours or submitting my application. The next day I got an email inviting me to schedule an in person interview which I scheduled for about a week and a half from then. I arrived very early for my interview and was taken back early. About 15 minutes into the interview I was told I had the job and that I'd get a call sometime in the next two weeks letting me know which resort I'd be working at. The next morning I got the call and started concierge training two weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • A guest comes up to you and immediately asked to speak with a manager. What do you do?   View Answer
    there's no negotiating with Disney, I was told it's be a $0.50/hour pay increase from my front desk salary and that was it

Cook for International Food & Wine Festival Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Walt Disney Company in September 2013.

Disney visited the campus of my Orlando culinary college on a recruiting mission for the upcoming International Food & Wine Festival being held at Epcot. It was suggested by the chef instructors this would not only be excellent experience, but would look very good on our resume or portfolio. I applied online and was called the next day for an interview. The culinary human resources person was very professional, accommodating and eager to hear what my career goals were in this field.

Interview Questions
    • Industry specific questions such as identifying different types of knife cuts, food groups etc. Name three types of greens.   Answer Question

Manning & Marder LLP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Walt Disney Company.

Cold Call to HR and asked if I could come in to meet. Meeting went well and she set me up with a 2nd and then a 3rd interview.

Interview Questions
    Myself and the HR Director did the negotiations, she presented the salary and I countered once she raised her offer a bit and I accepted.

Financial Analyst Interview

it's a financial analyst internship position. Phone interview first. Asked about team work ability, favorite course, expected salary, knowledge of finance and accounting and some other common behavior questions

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Walt Disney Company in August 2013.

Phone interview then on-site interview with HR person, peer within department and boss. Next round is with senior persons within department and the manager who will be a direct report to this position.

Sourcing Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Walt Disney Company in August 2013.

At least 3 rounds. First is screening by HR. Second is a phone interview with Hiring Manager, and third is a few other managers who would interview.

Interview Questions
    • How do you know if a price you pay is fair or competitive if there are no alternative sources?   Answer Question