Walt Disney Company Interview Questions & Reviews

2.8

Cook for International Food & Wine Festival Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Walt Disney Company in September 2013.

Disney visited the campus of my Orlando culinary college on a recruiting mission for the upcoming International Food & Wine Festival being held at Epcot. It was suggested by the chef instructors this would not only be excellent experience, but would look very good on our resume or portfolio. I applied online and was called the next day for an interview. The culinary human resources person was very professional, accommodating and eager to hear what my career goals were in this field.

Interview Questions
    • Industry specific questions such as identifying different types of knife cuts, food groups etc. Name three types of greens.   Answer Question

Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lake Buena Vista, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Buena Vista, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Walt Disney Company in August 2009.

Fortunately, I was interviewed by the department manager, who was a good man, with a focus on what I was looking for as a member of his department. However, he was fired with no explanation given. (Not unusual in Disney's IT division.)

Interview Questions
    • "How much do you expect to be paid? Be very specific with a dollar figure."   View Answer
    Difficult - the interviewer's response was a simple yes-no to the figure you proposed.

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Lake Buena Vista, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Lake Buena Vista, FL

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Walt Disney Company in May 2009.

Meet with casting, but never sit with a manager to be interviewed

Sourcing Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Walt Disney Company in August 2013.

At least 3 rounds. First is screening by HR. Second is a phone interview with Hiring Manager, and third is a few other managers who would interview.

Interview Questions
    • How do you know if a price you pay is fair or competitive if there are no alternative sources?   Answer Question

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Walt Disney Company in July 2012.

was awful the person interviewing never had interview before, they will give anyone a job, no interview process.

Interview Questions

not very professional, they would hire anyone that can sign their name

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Walt Disney Company.

I applied for the position months ago and didn't hear anything for a while. Fortunately, I was asked to have a phone interview for the position. I had a single phone interview with a Disney HR person. Questions that were asked me included: "Why are you interested in a Disney Professional Internship" "Talk about a difficult interaction you had with a coworker and how was it resolved" and "What are important qualities of a leader" I was then able to ask questions to the HR representative. The interview took about 25 minutes.

Professional Intern - Engineering Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Walt Disney Company.

Got a call a few days after applying asking to set up a phone interview for a few days later. The interviewer was with HR, no one directly involved in the position. Asked general, non-technical, behavioral questions. "Why Disney?", "Tell me about a time you had to lead.", etc. About six of those questions in total. Then ended with logistical confirmations such as whether you could transport yourself to the job location if hired, etc. Let me know that she wasn't sure if the hiring manager was going to do further interviews or if they would hire based on these interviews, which seemed odd to me as this is different than what others have said on here. Said someone would let me know in 2-3 weeks, it's been 4 and haven't heard anything, so who knows?

Interview Questions
    • If you were leading a team, how would you organize it?   Answer Question

Entertainment Activities Hostess/Host Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Kapolei, HI
    Anonymous Employee in Kapolei, HI

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Walt Disney Company in July 2013.

Applied online, took a test then had a phone interview with a person in the mainland. Passed telephone interview, and was scheduled an interview at the hotel.

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions such as how would your friends describe you? Give an example of how you handled a difficult customer?   View Answer

Secretary IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Walt Disney Company in September 2010.

I was recruited after working at Walt Disney World in Attractions

No negotiation.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Burbank, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

I interviewed online - interviewed at Walt Disney Company in August 2013.

Phone interview then on-site interview with HR person, peer within department and boss. Next round is with senior persons within department and the manager who will be a direct report to this position.