Walt Disney Company Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014
Updated Sep 15, 2014

2.8

Forecasting Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Walt Disney Company in December 2013.

Two interviews with management and potential peers.

Interview Questions
    It was my first job out of college, so I didn't negotiate much, but I did ask for a relocation package.

Professional Internship Interview

Phone interview

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walt Disney Company in August 2013.

Phone interviewed by HR first, and then phone interviewed by the hiring managers. Then onsite interview.

Globale Creative Director Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Walt Disney Company.

Face to face, phone call, panel interview, and a final face to face. It was pleasant, very professional and well organized. The only pain is the length of time it takes to run the entire process.

Interview Questions
    • Why us, why now, and how do I know you will stay with us.   Answer Question
    Phone call with executive and negotiation of price.

Intern Interview

Was a phone interview, mostly just to get to know me. Interviewer was very nice and asked what general skills I had to see if I was a fit for the internship.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were related to what skills I possessed. Nothing technical.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Burbank, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Walt Disney Company.

A phone call with the manager, followed by a technical/business discussion. A bit of salary negotiation, followed by an offer.

Interview Questions
    • I was hired for a niche expertise which they needed but didn't have. They did not ask extremely difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Group Sales Professional Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Walt Disney Company in October 2013.

Applied online to about 20 different professional internships. Was contacted two days later to set up an HR phone screen which consisted of very standard interview questions. Was contacted about a month and a half later for individual interviews with hiring managers. The Group Sales interview was also fairly standard and was very much focused on what I had done in my previous job. The hiring managers were great - we laughed a lot and it was very laid back. Received a formal offer the day after the interview, but was told I had the job moments after the interview. I don't believe this happens often so don't expect to hear back so quickly!

Interview Questions
    • Asked question about a photo on my Facebook page.   View Answer
    No negotiation as it's an internship.

Credit Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Walt Disney Company.

Found the job posting online, first got a screening phone call from the HR department, and eventually went in for an interview. Everyone was friendly, but there was a small research exercise with questions that caught me off guard. It was a good experience overall since there was no difficult questions, and the manager and supervisor that joined the interview were both nice people with easy going questions.

Interview Questions
    • Didn't really ask any difficult questions, they asked mostly the general behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

The interview process is extremely long. It can take months from the initial submission of your resume to your actual first day of work. There are generally multiple rounds of interviews. In my case, between each round of interviews 2-3 weeks went by. So it often feels like you aren't making progress, when in fact you are.

Interview Questions
    • I was transitioning into a new functional area so the most difficult question for me was why I would be a good fit given that my background was different from what I was applying to.   Answer Question
    There's not much room to negotiate since salaries as set by a corporate compensation team to stay within a narrow range based on the title of the position.

Cook for International Food & Wine Festival Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Walt Disney Company in September 2013.

Disney visited the campus of my Orlando culinary college on a recruiting mission for the upcoming International Food & Wine Festival being held at Epcot. It was suggested by the chef instructors this would not only be excellent experience, but would look very good on our resume or portfolio. I applied online and was called the next day for an interview. The culinary human resources person was very professional, accommodating and eager to hear what my career goals were in this field.

Interview Questions
    • Industry specific questions such as identifying different types of knife cuts, food groups etc. Name three types of greens.   Answer Question