Walt Disney Company Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

54 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Treasury Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Walt Disney Company in March 2012.

The process was smooth. Applied in Nov, they called me in Jan. They did several short phone interviews. The first was with a recruiter, then she passed me to the department hiring mgr. He asked me several tech questions and then behavioral questions. After another phone interview (3rd one) they flew me on-site for a full day of interviews with the entire department. Everyone was so nice. Their campus is great. It is mostly all behavioral.. and they want to see if your personality blends with theirs.

They did negotiate alot with me. I really liked them actually. They clearly want the right fit for the job, and less about your exact quant skills.

Interview Questions

I wanted immediate international experience.

Undergraduate Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Walt Disney Company.

I had 3 rounds of interviews with 6 people. The first one was a phone screening with an HR, and 1-2 weeks later I was emailed by another HR to schedule a personal interview itinerary with 30-minute each for a total of 2 hours. People were extremely nice and they asked me about life goals and personal interest. Nothing difficult, it's more like a daily conversation with a friend. You do have to answer some experience-related questions regarding the job position. Then 2-3 weeks later I was asked to schedule another phone interview with a professional, then after 2 weeks I was informed the interview result.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult, asked me about multi-task ability, challenging projects I've done and what I've learned from it.   Answer Question
    There's no way to negotiate the hourly salary, because everyone gets the same. I did negotiate with weekly hours and that was approved.

Environment & Conservation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Walt Disney Company in July 2014.

My first interview was with a manager in the Corporate Citizenship office, with a background in consulting and carbon markets. She was amiable, but somewhat distant throughout the interview, which consisted primarily of questions regarding my experiences with sustainability and project management. She additionally asked very specific questions regarding voluntary carbon reporting standards, paper policies, and GHG inventories, which were very difficult and seemingly beyond that of the job description.

About a week later I received an email from HR asking for my availability for an in-person, panel interview with three managers, including my initial interviewer. Upon arriving to the office, I discovered that a miscommunication led to my interview being scheduled alongside a monthly office-wide meeting. One of the managers came to talk to me for an "informal interview" for about ten minutes before leaving for the meeting, then my initial interviewer came in and interviewed me for the next 45 minutes. This interview built upon the first, with many repeated questions as she had misplaced her notes from two weeks prior. There we additionally other situational questions about my research and project management skills.

At the end of the interview, the manager asked me if I had yet received any paperwork from HR, which led me to believe that I had gotten the position. She also asked me the name of the HR person that contacted me, so that she could speak with her about it. I waited the weekend, then sent a followup email, to which she responded that I would hear back shortly. I never received a response, but after about three weeks my status on DisneyCareers changed to "No Longer In Consideration."

Interview Questions
    • Let's say that I want you to compare and contrast the Climate Action Reserve, the Verified Carbon Standard, and the American Carbon Registry with the Kyoto Protocol. How would you go about researching and presenting this information?   View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Walt Disney Company in May 2014.

Got an email requesting me to sign up for an initial phone screening. I spoke to a recruiter during the screening and she asked me general questions about availability, interests, and personality. She was very nice and enthusiastic. After three weeks I finally got an email back saying they want to interview me. I scheduled an interview with the hiring managers. We spoke over the phone and it was a fairly typical interview. They asked me about my prior experiences and different skills relevant for this position. I never heard anything back even after following up, and found out I didn't get the offer only by checking the online application status.

Interview Questions
    • Use three words to describe yourself.
      How do you feel about Disney?
      Tell us about a difficult experience you faced.
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Walt Disney Company in March 2014.

I applied this position online. A couple days late, I received a email from Disney which asked for a phone interview. Then, I scheduled a spot to do the interview with the HR person. The question included a lot of behavioral questions. The HR personnel sounds very energetic and enthusiastic. You can tell the passion through the conversation with him. Overall, I think I did ok, but I haven't get the ticket to next round.

Interview Questions
    • What's the most difficult situation you were facing? How did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Professional Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walt Disney Company in April 2014.

First, a recruiter reached out and expressed interest in hiring me for an internship position. Shortly after, my would-be team had a series of phone calls with me, all taking place over the course of 2 days. They extended me an offer same day, and I followed up with the recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • Why Disney? - I was asked this question many times in a variety of formats by many of the people interviewing me. They came about in different wordings - Why entertainment? Why media? Why marketing? - but the core of the question was definitely "Why Disney?"   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Walt Disney Company.

I found out about the position by a friend. This is one of those companies where it is extremely hard to get your foot thru the door. So if you know someone have them help you submit your resume. For the interview I had a phone interview and then an in person interview with a team of three (all one on ones). I was offered the position the next day.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult. All the questions were pertaining to the job. As long as you knew what you were applying for and related your past experience to the position you will be fine.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiating. It was set for a contractors.

Senior Project Manager - Contractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Walt Disney Company.

Culture here is corporate to the extreme. Very little in the way of compassion or understanding from senior management, which can be a good thing if you are a stock holder, but bad if you are a permanent employee. Very disorganized and processless work environment, good for contractors who get paid hourly. No accountability for permanent employees who make mistakes, but contracts come and go like the wind. Typical overgrown corporate experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about some of the projects you worked on.
      Tell me about how you handled a difficult situation
        Answer Question
    Yes, asked for higher title and salary to my agency and received it.

Real Estate Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walt Disney Company in March 2013.

I applied online through their job board and once was contacted via email by someone in HR wanting to set up a phone appointment. After the phone appointment (screening) I was invited to the lot in Burbank for an interview. I thought I would be interviewing with one person but I actually had three back to back interviews with the different supervisors in the department.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about the type of properties we own?   View Answer

Associate Counsel - Part-time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Walt Disney Company in January 2013.

First was a phone interview, very brief, they later followed up to say sorry they were moving slow and then later after that that they were pursuing other candidates more aggressively at that time.

Interview Questions

Worked for Walt Disney Company? Contribute to the Community!