Walt Disney Company

Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Walt Disney Company in May 2014.

Interview Details – Got an email requesting me to sign up for an initial phone screening. I spoke to a recruiter during the screening and she asked me general questions about availability, interests, and personality. She was very nice and enthusiastic. After three weeks I finally got an email back saying they want to interview me. I scheduled an interview with the hiring managers. We spoke over the phone and it was a fairly typical interview. They asked me about my prior experiences and different skills relevant for this position. I never heard anything back even after following up, and found out I didn't get the offer only by checking the online application status.

Interview Question – Use three words to describe yourself.
How do you feel about Disney?
Tell us about a difficult experience you faced.
  Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Burbank, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Walt Disney Company in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied this position online. A couple days late, I received a email from Disney which asked for a phone interview. Then, I scheduled a spot to do the interview with the HR person. The question included a lot of behavioral questions. The HR personnel sounds very energetic and enthusiastic. You can tell the passion through the conversation with him. Overall, I think I did ok, but I haven't get the ticket to next round.

Interview Question – What's the most difficult situation you were facing? How did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Professional Intern Interview

Professional Intern
Burbank, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walt Disney Company in April 2014.

Interview Details – First, a recruiter reached out and expressed interest in hiring me for an internship position. Shortly after, my would-be team had a series of phone calls with me, all taking place over the course of 2 days. They extended me an offer same day, and I followed up with the recruiter.

Interview Question – Why Disney? - I was asked this question many times in a variety of formats by many of the people interviewing me. They came about in different wordings - Why entertainment? Why media? Why marketing? - but the core of the question was definitely "Why Disney?"   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

Marketing Analyst
Burbank, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Walt Disney Company.

Interview Details – I found out about the position by a friend. This is one of those companies where it is extremely hard to get your foot thru the door. So if you know someone have them help you submit your resume. For the interview I had a phone interview and then an in person interview with a team of three (all one on ones). I was offered the position the next day.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult. All the questions were pertaining to the job. As long as you knew what you were applying for and related your past experience to the position you will be fine.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiating. It was set for a contractors.

Senior Project Manager - Contractor Interview

Senior Project Manager - Contractor
Burbank, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Walt Disney Company.

Interview Details – Culture here is corporate to the extreme. Very little in the way of compassion or understanding from senior management, which can be a good thing if you are a stock holder, but bad if you are a permanent employee. Very disorganized and processless work environment, good for contractors who get paid hourly. No accountability for permanent employees who make mistakes, but contracts come and go like the wind. Typical overgrown corporate experience.

Interview Question – Tell me about some of the projects you worked on.
Tell me about how you handled a difficult situation
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes, asked for higher title and salary to my agency and received it.

Real Estate Intern Interview

Real Estate Intern
Burbank, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walt Disney Company in March 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online through their job board and once was contacted via email by someone in HR wanting to set up a phone appointment. After the phone appointment (screening) I was invited to the lot in Burbank for an interview. I thought I would be interviewing with one person but I actually had three back to back interviews with the different supervisors in the department.

Interview Question – What do you know about the type of properties we own?   View Answer

Associate Counsel - Part-time Interview

Associate Counsel - Part-time
Glendale, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Walt Disney Company in January 2013.

Interview Details – First was a phone interview, very brief, they later followed up to say sorry they were moving slow and then later after that that they were pursuing other candidates more aggressively at that time.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Technical Support Engineer
Burbank, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Walt Disney Company.

Interview Details – Initial contact was made by a phone call. (received by the HR rep)
1st in-person interview was with the HR rep
2nd interview was with low level team members (peers)
3rd interview was with mid-high level team member (leads)
4th interview was with the Director and VP of the team

Interview Question – Explain in detail how a windows machine boots up. In as much technical detail as possible.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't really any room to negotiate. An attempt was made, but all requests were declined immediately.

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walt Disney Company in August 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interviewed by HR first, and then phone interviewed by the hiring managers. Then onsite interview.

Interview Question – case study onsite   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Burbank, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Walt Disney Company.

Interview Details – A phone call with the manager, followed by a technical/business discussion. A bit of salary negotiation, followed by an offer.

Interview Question – I was hired for a niche expertise which they needed but didn't have. They did not ask extremely difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Walt Disney Company? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Walt Disney Company interview questions and advice in Los Angeles, CA. All 51 interview reviews posted anonymously by Walt Disney Company employees and interview candidates.