Walt Disney Company Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

Updated Jun 5, 2015

2.9

Media Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Walt Disney Company (Burbank, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a drawn out process. I applied in December 2014 and didn't hear anything back until late May 2015. The process was straightforward once it happened. The interview format consisted of the typical (questionnaire, phone interview, in person). I had two phone interviews. The first phone interview was with the recruiter and she was very thorough. She was very nice and told me about the position and what to expect. I then interviewed over the phone with the hiring manager, who at first appeared very nice, but as the conversation went on he became very brash. I asked him questions about the position and others after he interviewed me such as what is the most rewarding part of working at Disney, and the most challenging. I think interviewers of all levels forget that us candidates are also interviewing the company at the same time they are interviewing us. I could tell he was offended at the questions I asked, as we didn't speak too much after I asked those questions and his responses weren't thought out or crisp. I still love Disney and what it stands for despite the negative experience with the hiring manager for this position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      Tell me about your background.
      What is your favorite Disney character and why?
      Do you feel you are overqualified for the job?
      Tell me about a time when you worked on a project and was challenged by it.
      How do you handle working in a fast paced environment?

Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Walt Disney Company (Burbank, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Interacting with each cast member at Disney has been a pleasurable experience. They are incredibly welcoming and have the upmost interest in your career path. From what I have experienced, working at Disney would be an incredible experience especially if you can gain a global position within the company.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Disney?
      Can you explain your leadership skills?

Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Walt Disney Company (Anaheim, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

It is a long process because you need to wait until everyone has applied to be given an answer. I really enjoyed seeing how my application was progressing. I want to work for Disney and knowing that I had the chance was really important to me. I would recommend the Professional Internships to everyone who qualifies.

Cashier for Hotel Room Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walt Disney Company (Anaheim, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received an email to complete a web-based interview. The interview took roughly 25-30 minutes. Soon after I received another email to set up an interview at Disneyland. I scheduled it for the week after the web interview. I was always taught to dress like you want a CEO job, so that's what I did. I showed up roughly 25 minutes prior to my interview, just so I could calm down a bit. (I was very nervous, I've wanted to work at Disneyland for a LONG TIME.) I waited in a lobby with other interviewees, and watched Tangled, since it was playing on the TV. My recruiter got me at 1:00, exactly the time of my interview. I sat in a very small room and my interview only took 30 minutes. Great Interview and my recruiter was very nice.

Financial Planning and Analysis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Walt Disney Company (Burbank, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

First round phone screening form a recruiter. She asked general questions about my background and interest in Disney. About 5 days later I got an email to schedule an in office interview. There were three rounds of interviews on the first day in the office. After that, I interviewed via webcam with three different people the next day. Offer came two days later.

Be sure to have questions prepared for your interview. They spent at least 50% of the time asking me what questions I had to gauge my interest and insight. Be familiar with Excel functions (VLOOKUPS, pivot tables, financial functions) and have examples of when you have used them. No hard technical questions.

Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walt Disney Company (Glendale, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

i had a couple of phone interviews. one with my manager and one with my director. each interview lasted 30 minutes. the people who work at the walt disney company are incredibly nice, and the interview went well because of that. honestly, it is the best place to work in my opinion.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you used social media and what did you do?   Answer Question

ProcurementMBA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Interview

Had an initial phone screening, followed by an interview by a procurement manager. Filled out initial application online and the process has been smooth, no timelines have been presented with more information to come.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Walt Disney Company (Burbank, CA).

Interview

Strangest interviews I've ever experienced. First interviewed via phone with dept head who talked most of the hour-long "interview." Before the call ended he said they would call me for the next step. Went to Burbank for in-person interview. The surroundings are very quiet, hot, no one walking around, not friendly - not like one would expect for this particular company.

During the next interview, the same person said all of the same stuff he said in the first interview. He had NO questions for me. It was up to me to interject why I was a fit, ask questions. When the interview ended I asked if he had any concerns about my ability to do the job and he said no. Then I didn't get the job. I wasn't even the slightest bit disappointed because it was so strange.

Interview Questions

• They never asked me any questions. They do use a bicycle analogy to explain how their team is set up and they use this analogy over and over and over.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Burbank, CA).

Interview

I interviewed for a position in the Disney ABC Group. I applied on the Careers site and heard back from a recruiter the next day. A recruiter scheduled an interview with me and it was a short interview on the phone. He asked questions about my resume, work experience and fit with the company.

A different recruiter contacted me after my first interview to schedule a video interview (was not in the area) with the director of the department. I believe there was not a manager at the time. The interviewer was 15 minutes late because he did not realize the interview was via video. He was very outgoing, and asked a few questions about myself. He kind of came out as a little stuck up, as he hardly asked me any questions. He mostly asked me to ask him questions and I didn't get very much information about the job. During my interview some one in his office also interrupted the interview and he actually made me wait while he talked to the person who came in. It was a bit unprofessional in that regards. The interview overall was okay though, I wasn't sure if I got the position or not. I did not find out how I did on my interview/no feedback. I found out on Disney careers that I did not get the position.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walt Disney Company (Burbank, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

The hiring process was pretty basic. they called me and talked to me on the phone for a while. not many relevant questions. then after about a week i got a call that they wanted to schedule a bunch of interviews in one day. they asked me if the time was ok and i asked if we could move it earlier but they said no. so they really just wanted me to come in when they said to come in.

Interview Questions

• they asked the typical work questions. but then they asked why do you like what you do.   Answer Question