Walt Disney Company

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at Walt Disney Company.

Interview Details – Video Conference Call to go over basic technical questions with lead engineer. Very easy, asked about basic technologies like REST and grep and asked basic data structure questions on hashtables, lists, etc. Algorithm question was about autocomplete of words given an input string and frequency counts of words.

Interview Question – Algorithm question was about autocomplete of words given an input string and frequency counts of words.   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walt Disney Company in June 2012.

Interview Details – Initially I spoke with a recruiter from Disney who, on two separate occasions forgot to call me for my initial phone interview. After completing the phone interview with the recruiter and another with one of the software engineers they invited me in for an in person interview.

The in person interview lasted approximately 5 hours in which I spoke with about 5-7 different people with experience ranging from 3 weeks to 5 years.

Interview Questions

• Write code to reverse the digits in an integer.   View Answer
  • How would you design YouTube? Which data structures and database schemas would you use.   View Answer

Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Walt Disney Company in March 2012.

Interview Details – I had two phone interviews. The first one was with the recruiter to see what my general background and experience was in the field. The recruiter was trying to find out if I was interested in the position, if I was willing to relocate, and what was my salary expectations.

The second phone interview was with the senior engineer on the team that I was being interviewed for. He asked me a series of technical questions. He tested my basic knowledge of some software engineering, operating systems, SQL, data structures, algorithms, Linux, and problem solving skills. Though I was unable to complete all the different questions and topics successfully, he was willing to explain to me anything I missed or didn't know. He was quite helpful in informing me of things I couldn't solve and to help me learn from those problems.

Interview Questions

• In a typical database query, how would you speed up an sql query that consisted of many conditions ANDED (&&) together?   View Answer
  • In a text document filled with unstructured characters containing certain strings, how would you attain the unique strings in an ordered (alphabetized) list?   Answer Question
  • How would you approach creating a Chess game?   Answer Question
  • What is the difference between a thread and process?   Answer Question
  • What is the Linux command to check on the CPU resources being utilized by a process?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Walt Disney Company

Worked for Walt Disney Company? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Walt Disney Company Software Engineer interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Walt Disney Company employees and interview candidates.