Walt Disney Company
Walt Disney Company Software Engineer Interview Questions & Reviews
Getting an Interview
- Popular Job Titles:
- Intern (11)
- Analyst (4)
- Senior Software Engineer (4)
- Director (4)
- Cast Member (4)
- Business Analyst (3)
- Manager (3)
- Marketing Manager (3)
- Project Manager (3)
- Financial Analyst (3)
- Finance Intern (3)
- Software Engineer (3)
- IT Manager (2)
- Marketing Intern (2)
- Undergraduate Associate (2)
- Senior Analyst (2)
- Customer Service (2)
- Credit Analyst (2)
- Marketing Coordinator (2)
- Sales Associate (2)
- Tax Intern (2)
- Copywriter (1)
- Costuming Analyst (1)
- Supply Chain Internship (1)
- Undergraduate Intern (1)
- Data Validation Engineer (1)
- Engineering Professional Internships (1)
- Front Desk Cashier (1)
- Information Technology Professional Internship (1)
- Digital Editor (1)
Software Engineer Interview (Neutral Experience; Easy Interview)
I applied online and interviewed at Walt Disney Company.
Interview Details – Video Conference Call to go over basic technical questions with lead engineer. Very easy, asked about basic technologies like REST and grep and asked basic data structure questions on hashtables, lists, etc. Algorithm question was about autocomplete of words given an input string and frequency counts of words.
Interview Question – Algorithm question was about autocomplete of words given an input string and frequency counts of words. Answer Question
Software Engineer Interview (Neutral Experience; Difficult Interview)
I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walt Disney Company in June 2012.
Interview Details – Initially I spoke with a recruiter from Disney who, on two separate occasions forgot to call me for my initial phone interview. After completing the phone interview with the recruiter and another with one of the software engineers they invited me in for an in person interview.
The in person interview lasted approximately 5 hours in which I spoke with about 5-7 different people with experience ranging from 3 weeks to 5 years.
Software Engineer Interview (Positive Experience; Difficult Interview)
I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Walt Disney Company in March 2012.
Interview Details – I had two phone interviews. The first one was with the recruiter to see what my general background and experience was in the field. The recruiter was trying to find out if I was interested in the position, if I was willing to relocate, and what was my salary expectations.
The second phone interview was with the senior engineer on the team that I was being interviewed for. He asked me a series of technical questions. He tested my basic knowledge of some software engineering, operating systems, SQL, data structures, algorithms, Linux, and problem solving skills. Though I was unable to complete all the different questions and topics successfully, he was willing to explain to me anything I missed or didn't know. He was quite helpful in informing me of things I couldn't solve and to help me learn from those problems.
- In a typical database query, how would you speed up an sql query that consisted of many conditions ANDED (&&) together? View Answer
- In a text document filled with unstructured characters containing certain strings, how would you attain the unique strings in an ordered (alphabetized) list? Answer Question
- How would you approach creating a Chess game? Answer Question
- What is the difference between a thread and process? Answer Question
- What is the Linux command to check on the CPU resources being utilized by a process? View Answer
Interviews for Top Jobs at Walt Disney Company