Walt Disney Company

Walt Disney Company Software Engineer Interview Questions

3.3

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Walt Disney Company.

Video Conference Call to go over basic technical questions with lead engineer. Very easy, asked about basic technologies like REST and grep and asked basic data structure questions on hashtables, lists, etc. Algorithm question was about autocomplete of words given an input string and frequency counts of words.

Interview Questions
  • Algorithm question was about autocomplete of words given an input string and frequency counts of words.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Walt Disney Company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walt Disney Company in June 2012.

Initially I spoke with a recruiter from Disney who, on two separate occasions forgot to call me for my initial phone interview. After completing the phone interview with the recruiter and another with one of the software engineers they invited me in for an in person interview.

The in person interview lasted approximately 5 hours in which I spoke with about 5-7 different people with experience ranging from 3 weeks to 5 years.

Interview Questions
    • Write code to reverse the digits in an integer.   View Answer
    • How would you design YouTube? Which data structures and database schemas would you use.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Walt Disney Company in March 2012.

I had two phone interviews. The first one was with the recruiter to see what my general background and experience was in the field. The recruiter was trying to find out if I was interested in the position, if I was willing to relocate, and what was my salary expectations.

The second phone interview was with the senior engineer on the team that I was being interviewed for. He asked me a series of technical questions. He tested my basic knowledge of some software engineering, operating systems, SQL, data structures, algorithms, Linux, and problem solving skills. Though I was unable to complete all the different questions and topics successfully, he was willing to explain to me anything I missed or didn't know. He was quite helpful in informing me of things I couldn't solve and to help me learn from those problems.

Interview Questions
    • In a typical database query, how would you speed up an sql query that consisted of many conditions ANDED (&&) together?   View Answers (2)
    • In a text document filled with unstructured characters containing certain strings, how would you attain the unique strings in an ordered (alphabetized) list?   View Answer
    • How would you approach creating a Chess game?   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between a thread and process?   View Answer
    • What is the Linux command to check on the CPU resources being utilized by a process?   View Answer