Walt Disney Company

Updated Jan 29, 2015
Updated Jan 29, 2015

2.5

Sourcing Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Walt Disney Company in April 2014.

Applied online, but referenced a referral. Received a call from HR a few weeks later and scheduled a phone interview with hiring manager. Afterwards, was invited to travel to do in-person interviews the next week. Interviewed with 6 people lasting about 3-4 hours total. Circled back with HR rep a few weeks afterwards and was informed that they went with an internal candidate.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Walt Disney Company

Sourcing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Walt Disney Company in April 2012.

The interview process consisted of a phone interview, a one on one interview with the hiring manager and then a group interview with the director and other functional management. I submitted an application for this position through Disney's career website. Approximately 3 weeks later, I received a phone call from the internal recruiter requesting a phone interview. The phone interview was pleasant, conversational and casual and included included many of the standard interview questions like "Why are you interested in this job? "Why are you thinking of leaving your position" "How did you come to know about this job" etc. About a week after the phone interview, I received a call for a 1:1 interview at TDA. This was also a conversational interview. I had prepared for structured /behavioral questions and received very few of those. About a week later, I received another call requesting a third in-person interview in Anaheim. Once more, it was not a structured or behavioral interview, but a discussion forum where the team provided opportunities for me to ask questions and asked me select questions about my resume. After that third interview, I did not hear from Disney again.
    The interview process itself was well organized, professional and positive with the exception of the final follow through. Interviewees invest a significant amount of time preparing for interviews, communicating with recruiters and taking vacation time from their existing jobs to attend interviews. A response, positive outcome or negative, is absolutely expected in the professional environment - particularly in a process-driven large corporation. I had received and accepted an offer from a different company the following week, so everything worked out for me but if I had a lot banking on this job, I can't imagine how stressful the silence would be. I had been very surprised by Disney's lack of professionalism on this one particular matter.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you interested in this job / working for Disney?   View Answer