Walt Disney Company Undergraduate Associate Interview Questions

Updated Sep 10, 2014

2.7

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Undergraduate Associate () Interview

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Walt Disney Company in February 2014.

I applied for the summer internship position through the Disneycareers site. The application required typical personal information and a resume+cover letter. After I applied I received an email thanking me for applying. 10 days later I got an email from the Disney Professional Internship recruiter to schedule Phone Screening. The phone screening was with an internship recruiter located in Florida. She asked me basic questions about my background, resume, and confirmed some information for the position. It was a short, straightforward interview, and easy in my opinion. About 2 weeks later I got another email from a recruiter asking me to schedule a panel interview with my potential team. Since I was not local, I did a phone call-panel interview. My interviewer were the director of the department, my future manager, and a senior analyst on the team. The call was scheduled for 45 minutes and consisted of questions asking about my work experience. Overall, I also thought this interview was easy, which may have been because my interviewers were super nice and enthusiastic. After that interview was over, I had a final interview with the same individual via montage (Disney's virtual interviewing platform). For this interview, they did not ask me any further questions about my experience but more about my availability and start date. It seemed that they already decided to offer the position to me, and just wanted to confirm my time commitment and role. This was a good opportunity to ask them more in depth questions about the position. I think this was extremely important because at this point it is up to you to determine whether the position is a good fit or not. A day after this interview, I received a call from the department's HR person, who offered me the position.

Interview Questions
  • You are coming from a non-profit, how do you think your experience at that company will influence/impact your time at this company?   Answer Question
I was not able to negotiate the intern pay. Although I came to the company with a bunch of experience, the recruiter said the intern pay is set, company wide.

Other Interview Reviews for Walt Disney Company

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Glendale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Walt Disney Company.

I had 3 rounds of interviews with 6 people. The first one was a phone screening with an HR, and 1-2 weeks later I was emailed by another HR to schedule a personal interview itinerary with 30-minute each for a total of 2 hours. People were extremely nice and they asked me about life goals and personal interest. Nothing difficult, it's more like a daily conversation with a friend. You do have to answer some experience-related questions regarding the job position. Then 2-3 weeks later I was asked to schedule another phone interview with a professional, then after 2 weeks I was informed the interview result.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult, asked me about multi-task ability, challenging projects I've done and what I've learned from it.   Answer Question
    There's no way to negotiate the hourly salary, because everyone gets the same. I did negotiate with weekly hours and that was approved.

Undergraduate Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Walt Disney Company.

Applied online. Received 20 min phone call from HR screener that asked basic behavioral questions including qualifications, previous experience, skills set, career aspirations, why Disney. Then invited to interview with department and department leadership (Director) over 3 separate meeting. Lastly, HR contacted with offer.

Interview Questions
    • What is a true weakness that can be interpreted as a positive?   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Undergraduate Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Walt Disney Company in October 2010.

Applied for the internship on the Disney career portal. After 2 weeks or so, received a phone interview - just a couple background information questions and 1 or 2 behavioral questions. Then received an email to schedule office interviews. On the day, interviewed with 4 people from the group that was hiring an intern. Manager and a FA asked some behavioral questions, interviews with the other two group members were more like chatting. Overall very friendly people and environment. Dress code is everyday casual, a big plus. And it was Disney, so everything seemed to be a little more magical.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when your team members had conflicts and how you managed to resolve them   Answer Question
    It was an internship so did not really negotiate.

Worked for Walt Disney Company? Contribute to the Community!