Walt Disney Home Entertainment

Relevance Date Difficulty

Manager, Marketing Interview

Manager, Marketing
Burbank, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Walt Disney Home Entertainment in March 2009.

Interview Details – Met with the internal HR hiring rep first for a full series of interview questions. Then came in for an interview with the direct supervisor. A pretty basic, get to know you type interview and explanation of team dynamics, the role and need for hiring. Came back for a second interview to meet with the VP at a later time. Seemed like a great team and work culture with a real emphasis on work life balance.

Interview Question – Very general questions about work background and interest in field being hired for. No real test questions.   Answer Question

Development Interview

Development
Burbank, CA

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Walt Disney Home Entertainment in January 2010.

Interview Details – Met with a recruiter for an interview. I suspect they'd already found someone for the position and were simply doing me a courtesy as the meeting was really rushed and the interviewer made note of the many overqualified candidates they'd already met with. We discussed the job a little although he didn't really know much about it as the recruiter serviced many different divisions and only had a cursory knowledge of what the position entailed. Unfortunately he wasn't unable to tell me anything except for the most basic info.

Interview Question – There weren't really any questions. We just talked for a little bit. It was all very rushed.   View Answer

New Media Interview

New Media
Burbank, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Walt Disney Home Entertainment in January 2009.

Interview Details – During the interview, I was asked general questions about experience, followed by a brief description of the duties the role would have. I was asked about potential scenarios involving product delivery, technical process, and team collaboration.

The HR folk seemed to make it a points about company policies toward appearance and the company, department and team goals.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with creating New Media type content?   View Answer
  • Describe would you work as a member of a collaborative team?   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Production Manager Interview

Production Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Walt Disney Home Entertainment in January 2011.

Interview Details – Standard but lengthy

Interview Question – My interviewer did most of the talking, I really don't recall any particular question that was difficult.   View Answer

Graduate Associate Interview

Graduate Associate

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Walt Disney Home Entertainment in April 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online to a general intern position.
First the recruiter did an initial phone interview - asking about background and experiences to assess your fit within the groups looking for an intern.
I was later brought back for an in person interview and later a panel interview.
The people seemed professional and friendly. Dress is business casual.

Interview Questions

Legal Interview

Legal

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Walt Disney Home Entertainment in May 2008.

Interview Details – The process was quick and smooth. I was called quickly after I submitted resume and the interview was scheduled for the next week. i met with two people, the VP of human Resources, then the VP of Business Affairs. I was informed of the decision within two weeks. It was a smooth and not terribly traumatic experience.

Interview Question – How did you handle a stressful co-worker/situation at your previous employer?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Business Executive Interview

Business Executive
London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Walt Disney Home Entertainment in February 2010.

Interview Details – Interview was in London for a position in Dublin, Ireland. It's a great company but I found the interview to be very narrow minded in their views and not open to creative businesses approaches. Interview was a presentation of my business development plan and then a full two hour interview.

Interview Question – What is the required business plan for this position for the next three months.   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Walt Disney Home Entertainment? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Walt Disney Home Entertainment interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Walt Disney Home Entertainment employees and interview candidates.