Walt Disney Home Entertainment

3.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Walt Disney Home Entertainment

Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walt Disney Home Entertainment in January 2010.

Met with a recruiter for an interview. I suspect they'd already found someone for the position and were simply doing me a courtesy as the meeting was really rushed and the interviewer made note of the many overqualified candidates they'd already met with. We discussed the job a little although he didn't really know much about it as the recruiter serviced many different divisions and only had a cursory knowledge of what the position entailed. Unfortunately he wasn't unable to tell me anything except for the most basic info.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't really any questions. We just talked for a little bit. It was all very rushed.   View Answer

Manager, Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Walt Disney Home Entertainment in March 2009.

Met with the internal HR hiring rep first for a full series of interview questions. Then came in for an interview with the direct supervisor. A pretty basic, get to know you type interview and explanation of team dynamics, the role and need for hiring. Came back for a second interview to meet with the VP at a later time. Seemed like a great team and work culture with a real emphasis on work life balance.

Interview Questions
    • Very general questions about work background and interest in field being hired for. No real test questions.   Answer Question

New Media Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walt Disney Home Entertainment in January 2009.

During the interview, I was asked general questions about experience, followed by a brief description of the duties the role would have. I was asked about potential scenarios involving product delivery, technical process, and team collaboration.

The HR folk seemed to make it a points about company policies toward appearance and the company, department and team goals.

Interview Questions
    • What experience do you have with creating New Media type content?   View Answer
    • Describe would you work as a member of a collaborative team?   View Answer

Graduate Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Walt Disney Home Entertainment in April 2011.

I applied online to a general intern position.
    First the recruiter did an initial phone interview - asking about background and experiences to assess your fit within the groups looking for an intern.
    I was later brought back for an in person interview and later a panel interview.
    The people seemed professional and friendly. Dress is business casual.

Production Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Walt Disney Home Entertainment in January 2011.

Standard but lengthy

Interview Questions
    • My interviewer did most of the talking, I really don't recall any particular question that was difficult.   View Answer

Business Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Walt Disney Home Entertainment in February 2010.

Interview was in London for a position in Dublin, Ireland. It's a great company but I found the interview to be very narrow minded in their views and not open to creative businesses approaches. Interview was a presentation of my business development plan and then a full two hour interview.

Interview Questions
    • What is the required business plan for this position for the next three months.   View Answer

Legal Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Walt Disney Home Entertainment in May 2008.

The process was quick and smooth. I was called quickly after I submitted resume and the interview was scheduled for the next week. i met with two people, the VP of human Resources, then the VP of Business Affairs. I was informed of the decision within two weeks. It was a smooth and not terribly traumatic experience.

Interview Questions
    • How did you handle a stressful co-worker/situation at your previous employer?   Answer Question