Walt Disney Imagineering

Updated Nov 18, 2014
Updated Nov 18, 2014

2.3

Engineer Interview

Discussion at a career fair that led to a phone interview with HR. After the phone interview, was brought in for an in-person interview. Most of the in-person interview was non-technical and focused more on my resume and previous projects. They also provided a tour of the facilities and discussed the projects that were being worked at Disney.

Interview Questions
    • The only tough question were questions that drilled into my previous project such as the design process, testing process, etc.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Walt Disney Imagineering.

3 rounds: 1st round typical behavioral questions with HR, 2nd and 3rd round also most behavioral with Finance Managers. Process from initial contact to getting the results took 4 weeks.

Life Cycle Analysis Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Walt Disney Imagineering in May 2014.

Sent in my resume through the posting on their website. Had a phone interview later on. It took me four weeks and two emails to finally have them tell me that they were going to hire someone with more experience. That's fine for a normal job, but internships are for learning. Hiring someone with more experience is not the point.

Finance Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Walt Disney Imagineering.

First round interview phone call from HR.

Intern Interview

There are not interviews needed for Internships. They are paid and are on a 3-6 month probation period. You really need to know someone to get in though.

Interview Questions
    • No questions are asked. You need to be an expert in whatever you are applying for though.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Set hourly rate.

R&D Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Walt Disney Imagineering.

Phone Interview and onsite interview

Senior Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Walt Disney Imagineering in September 2010.

I was recruited by an agency. I had already worked for the recruiter, so went straight to the interview at the company. Interviewed by ~4 people in the department. Started the next week.

Interview Questions
    • Deceivingly simple question: what factors do you need to consider when designing a door?   View Answer
    No negotiation with company. I asked for a "couple dollars" more than I was making at my last job.

Senior Project Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walt Disney Imagineering in September 2010.

I learned via newspaper advertising of a very specific position for which I believed I was uniquely qualified. I was very familiär with the organization, justifiably famous for its highly regarded and innovative world class projects. I knew an individual of some influence at the firm so rather than submit to HR I called him directly to ascertain the chances of succeeding to sucure the position. He researched the climate and upon a return call, agreed I was ideal for the position, had made an arrangement for me to be interviewed by the department head who would make the hiring decision. I was strongly cautioned not to submit anything to HR and to be very wary of the personality of my Interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • I was advised in advance that I would be interviewed by an individual with a completely self-congratulatory and outsized Ego, and that i would best serve my chances by listening to this person catalog his personal excellence and position in the company. I am very talkative and wanted to explain my abundant portfolio of work but spoke very little. My interviewer flipped through my portfolio criticizing odd aspects of the work, as if he were a city plan-checker or high school teacher and expressed incredulity that I could have produced such a volume of good work so early in my career (he imagined me to be in my early twenties and I was more than a decade older). I was hired but only temporarily which continues as a hiring practice at this company.   Answer Question
    I was glad to secure the job. However, the employment offer that was submitted was under-represented as to the seniority of the position and after accepting employment I found myself at nearly the bottom of the career ladder. The open position required in excess of ten year's experience in a very specific specialization of my Profession, which experience I amply demonstrated. However, I was to be employed only at a substantially reduced compensation and job classification. There was absolutely no room for negotiation. The only commentary when questioning the offer, in comparison to the HR-listed opening was :"this is a company where you have to pay dues first." So, I accepted employment ostensibly to get my foot in the door and strived for advancement once a füll time employee.

VDC Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Walt Disney Imagineering in January 2010.

A professor asked for resumes of people who may be interested in working for Walt Disney Imagineering. I sent mine in and got an interview with the HR recruiter and Project Manager. Interview was held on campus. I thought the interview process went really well, however, I was not offered a position.

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walt Disney Imagineering in November 2009.

Make interns work full time one semester, and often call for long hours. Cut-throat environment.

Interview Questions
    • What is OOP? How proficient are you with C#/.NET? Example of previous works using C#.   Answer Question