Walter Industries

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Walter Industries

Maintenance Foreman Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tumbler Ridge, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Walter Industries.

Seemed alright at first. Went down on short notice to interview which was quite informal. No difficult questions or operations I had not experienced. More of a site review.
    Met different personnel and given site tour. All seemed well and verbal job offer made with salary expectation. Found staff somewhat unprofessional and not all employees were happy with working there. Some verbally expressed their discontent about a toxic environment which raised red flags.
    Final meeting with Walter Energy representatives at local restaurant was rather strange. Almost as if they were manic depressant and decided to pepper me with questions rather than discuss future possibilities of the role. Had my doubts at this point as to the true nature of leadership and was confirmed when they retracted their verbal offer with a weak excuse. They also left me a nice memory by stiffing me my kilometers as well.
    Just wish they had been more professional, showed a little more respect, and lived up to their commitments of interview expenses.

Interview Questions
    • None other than the odd occurrence at Diner in which they decided to ask pointed confrontational questions with a changed demeanor out of the blue.   View Answer

Sample Assayer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tumbler Ridge, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Walter Industries in June 2012.

Applied online. Got a call for an interview several months later. Went for an interview at the town office, followed by a drug test a few days later on site at the mine. Started work 2 weeks later (had to put notice in at previous job). The interview consisted of average questions, but can be intimidating as they will explain how difficult the job is and want to know if you can "handle it".

Interview Questions
    • Have knowledge of what the "lab" at a mine site is actually like. Research if you need to.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, I was a taking a temporary position. Standard wage and full-time hours (6X6, 3 days and 3 nights of 12 hour shifts).