Warner Bros. Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Feb 13, 2015
Updated Feb 13, 2015

2.2

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Warner Bros. in February 2015.

Interview

Recruiter was super nice and very informative. Went out of her way to ask me some questions to prepare me for the interview. The following is in no way a reflection of the recruiters efforts.

Interview was a horrible experience. Scheduled an interview for late (8:30PM) EST (to accommodate their PST schedule) and they called around 11PM. Soooo, we rescheduled the interview again. Not only were they late the next time around, but they were extremely contentious, unnecessarily hostile, and very egotistical. To make matters worse, whenever I was speaking, they seemed to not be paying attention and hanging onto their own notion of what the answer to a question was or should be, instead of understanding that coming to a "correct" answer is possible from numerous directions. Every digested word was taken personally and it only went down hill from there. The line of questions were not difficult at all, but I felt extremely uncomfortable after about 3 minutes into the conversation due to the tone, which the interview took, and did not care to continue and went complete troglodyte just to get off the line.

Everybody has bad days, I get it, but in general, I came away with the impression that they have a very nascent IT operations center due to the unprofessional interview and line of questioning. Even if the interview had gone well, I would not have bothered to accept an offer.

Interview Questions

• Questions asked pertained to the following topics: location for logs on Windows OS and information contained within web server logs.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Warner Bros.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Warner Bros. in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online through their website. The next day HR emailed me to set up a screening interview with them. The next day they called me & conducted a brief phone interview (salary requirements, why I wanted to leave my current job, why I applied to Warner Bros, etc.). They said they liked me for the job and passed along my resume to the hiring manager and told me I'd be contacted within a week.

About 2 weeks later I received an email from HR for an in person interview with a few people from the department. Sat in with everyone at the same time for the interview (I was expecting multiple individual interviews) which was a nice relaxed setting. They asked basic questions about how I handle myself in certain situations (mostly high stress and heavy workload/organization based) and what I am looking for. I was asked about what programs I am comfortable in and have experience working with, my excel/Microsoft office knowledge, and if I have experience working internationally. Before I even got home, HR called to set up another interview with their VP, SVP & EVP (individually this time). Came back and got passed around to all the higher ups, this time asking me questions about my career and about what I think I could bring to the team. I could tell this round was more for pleasantries and to just make sure they all approved of me, so it made me pretty relaxed and confident going in.

Before I even got home from the interviews, again, HR called me to tell me they'd love to offer me the position. I went through a 2 week background check waiting period then started at orientation the following week. Very quick hiring process!

Overall it was a very pleasant environment and you could tell most people were very passionate about working there. HR was responsive and easy to work with. The only thing that I found odd was that I only spoke with HR during the entire process, except for the actual interviews. Usually I would have some email or contact with those I would be working with or the hiring manager prior to starting. Even my first day I hadn't spoken to anyone so I didn't know what to do, where to park or expect and came into the office blindly only using the knowledge of the office that I gained from my interview there a month prior. Despite that, Warner Bros. is extremely welcoming and a great business atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• From everything you have learned about this role, what do you think will be your biggest challenge?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of how you managed a work load that you couldn't handle.   Answer Question
    • How do you approach stressful situations?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate salary modestly, the benefits were great, and included paid over time and annual bonus.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Warner Bros. (Burbank, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

Overall, I was very pleased with the HR and hiring process until the very end. About a 4-6 weeks after submitting my resume online, I was contacted by an HR coordinator who conducted a brief phone interview (salary requirements, why I wanted to leave my current job, why I applied to Warner Bros, etc.), then she asked me to come in for a skills test and to meet with her the following week. The skills test entailed about 10-12 questions for different MS programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and a timed typing test at the end). If you use these programs in your daily workplace, its pretty simple. Then, I met with the HR coordinator again, where she described to me more about the job, asked about my professional background, and basic behavioral questions, overall it went very well. Then, she contacted me a week later to come in and meet the director, who would be the hiring decision maker for the position. I came in a week later, and the interview went great, it actually seemed more like a personality test, and felt like we got along great and agreed on a lot of things. He also showed me some specific projects that they were working on, which I thought was a bit confidential/odd for an interview. I followed up with a Thank You email later that day (also had sent a Thank You to the HR coordinator before as well).

After a week, I checked in with the HR coordinator and HR manager to see where the hiring process stood, but they didn't reply. It's been three weeks since, and still haven't heard anything so I'm assuming I didn't get the job. It's a shame because my experience aligned perfectly with the job and I interacted well with the team, oh well.

It's too bad because up to that point I thought the hiring managers kept me well informed and were on top of their game, but not having the courtesy to reply with a polite rejection or status update, I think is rude. It was during the Thanksgiving holidays/December, but I think they could still extend a better courtesy of keeping their applicants informed.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Warner Bros. (Burbank, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

The best interview process with an orgaization I have ever gone through. Luckily, I had an employee referral which (I presume) landed me the interview in the first place.

Everything began with a phone interview, proceeded to meet HR about a week later and on the same day interviewed with the managers. I was offered the job two days later.

The process was fast and very enjoyable. The managers were fun and great to talk to, HR is probably one of the best in the business. I was in constant contact via email and phone. From beginning to end, process took about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They gave me a great offer starting off. I didn't feel the need to negotiate.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Warner Bros. (Burbank, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

Applied online, phone interview with HR, 1:1 interview with HR, 1:1 interview with Director, phone interview with VP.
    7-8 week-long hiring process that went smoothly and was offered the position a week later!
    A lot of communication via e-mail and phone calls and HR definitely keeps in contact and updates you all throughout. Overall, the BEST hiring and interview process I've been through!

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Warner Bros. in May 2011.

Interview

Interviewed with WB and I have to say it was an amazing experience! I can see how the political aspect of this organization can get in the way of an applicant's road to get hired - the process is usually long and your contacts don't always reply to your messages even though they may read/listen to them. I'll break down my experience for ya!

Pros:
    - Beautiful campus and plenty of parking.
    - Great employee perks.
    - Pretty competitive salaries depending on your position.
    - Bright co workers and (depending on your department) capable and great supervisors.
    - Management is quite accessible and available.
    - Freedom in your work as long as you get what is requested done in time.
    - Temps almost always become full-time employees after 1 year.

Cons:
    - It's hierarchical and internal promotions are almost nonexistent unless you know someone.
    - Hiring process can be a bit hard to maneuver, not always clear cut.
    - Getting hired can take two months of waiting and many interviews.
    - Being referred is probably the only way to get an interview with anyone.
    - Long hours for most departments.
    - It's a big corporate environment therefore change is very hard to come by.

- Breakdown -
    Arrived early enough to clean myself up, tidy up paperwork etc. Receptionist was very helpful and sweet. Then went in to meet with HR which was a great experience - the company is generally very squared away with their processes, that is they are pretty efficient (if they want you that is). HR interview took about an hour.

After the HR interview, went in and took a skills test - it's quite easy, if you use office you should be fine. They allot 2 hours for you and I got it done in about 40 min.

Right after my skills test, went upstairs to the big boys and interviewed with the hiring managers for my position. The questions mainly went off the job description and after they were done with that they asked a little bit about my life and asked me to expand on my knowledge and skills for the job. Overall it went VERY well.

The office was clean, posters everywhere, employees listening to music while working, spacious cubicles - overall a great environment to work in and thrive. Too bad I didn't get that call back - looks like they were searching for someone else, guess you can't have it all! =)

Good luck to ya'll who are trying to get hired! It's a great place to get started in entertainment.

Interview Questions

• Can you maintain a high level of integrity and confidentiality? Give us an example of what you did and how you achieved this high level of confidentiality.   1 Answer