Warner Bros.

Updated Feb 18, 2015
Updated Feb 18, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Warner Bros. in January 2015.

The entire process was very efficient at first and everyone was responsive and helpful.

I was approached by a recruiter who set up a phone interview with me. Then I was contacted by the hiring manager a week later to schedule an in person interview with one of the executives of the department I would be working in. The interview was set up for several weeks later, so I did all I could to prepare for the interview.

On the day of the interview while I was driving to the location I was called by the recruiter who told me that they wanted to add an interview with another executive prior to my initially scheduled interview, which I agreed to. I arrived at the location completely prepared - but that's when I everything went south.

During my first interview the person interviewing me was completely unprepared and in a bad mood. He/she clearly did not want to be interviewing me as it was scheduled last minute. He/She even expressed to me that the job I was applying for was added to him/her responsibilities recently and he/she seemed unhappy to be supervising another person. He/she interrupted me quite a few times during my interview and asked me some very irreverent questions. Even though I was extremely prepared and knew a lot about the company and the position, I wasn't given the chance to express my knowledge. I was very disappointed with his/her unprofessional behavior and the fact that he/she did not respect my time, looked miserable and didn't actually care about how qualified I was for the position.

Next, I had my second interview, which started late because the person interviewing me was in a meeting. When we finally started to talk, he/she told me that he/she had to leave right on time as he/she had another meeting, and apologized. This interviewer also had never looked at my resume prior to our meeting, but was a great communicator. I was very impressed with how passionate he/she was about the topic and clearly knew what he/she was talking about. Even though no one was prepared, and in a complete rush, it was a pleasure meeting my second interviewer and I would work with him/her any day.

To summarize, the first interview went okay and the second interview went very well. After the interviews I sent thank you emails to my interviewers and then followed up 2 weeks later. Till this day, I have not heard back and no one (recruiter, hiring manage, interviewers) will answer my emails about updates about the job.

I understand that they are busy, but I think this is very unprofessional specially because I took the time to go out there and meet with these people. I expected them to at least tell me if I didn't make it or give me some indication of what to expect.

Senior Manager Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Warner Bros. in May 2014.

Contacted via email by HR and was interviewed twice by phone, 1st by HR and then by a potential supervisor. Very easy and congenial. Then was interviewed by three VPs and the supervisor in person at the studio. All went very well and everyone was very warm and inviting.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was difficult, to be honest. I felt they were trying to get a sense of my personality since my resume proved my qualifications.   Answer Question

Associate Technical Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Warner Bros. in April 2014.

Submitted resume/app online. Got contacted by recruiter 2 weeks later which led into a phone interview with hiring manager and a flight out to Burbank for an in person interview. Interviews were very informal which was different/nice. Overall process was quick and easy -- best experience so far.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult or unexpected. Mainly just asked about previous experience and how it would relate to the position.   Answer Question

As much as I wanted to accept the offer, the salary was just too low to justify the cost of moving. I tried to negotiate, but the most they would budge was an increase to the relocation amount -- salary stayed the same.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Warner Bros..

Very efficient and thorough process. Pleasant recruiters.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult as i had been a temp in this position for a few months prior to being hired.   Answer Question
    Pleasant and fair on the company side.

Clerk Floater Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Warner Bros..

Submit an app online, provide info for background check, receive a call for interview, complete online hire packet.

Interview Questions
    • Would you be comfortable joining a union for this job?   Answer Question
    Non-Negotiable Unionized Wage

Assistant Animation Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Warner Bros. in July 2013.

I was "brought in" by a colleague who was overloaded and needed help with his duties as Animation Supervisor on a CGI TV series being animated overseas. The Producers interviewed me based on his recommendation. This was not the typical WB hiring process. The production was "under the gun" facing an end-of-season crunch, and they were desperate. They circumvented the entire recruitment process and got me in the office as quickly as possible one they vetted me.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want this job? (Context: overqualified)   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. The budget had only limited funds to spare, so I was paid standard Union rate for an Assistant Animator. Sometimes you just have to take what you can get.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Warner Bros..

Hiring process was very detailed. They called all my previous employers to verify my salary history. They also did a very extensive background check on me, including my overseas employment. Every time they hit a stumbling block they would call me and ask me to call my previous employer so that they would accept the call from HR and would talk to them about my salary. It was kind of too much, but I really wanted to get the job so I played along.

Interview Questions
    • I was interviewed by a VP of my department, who was a great communicator and a pleasure to talk to. I don't remember any difficult or unexpected question. Everything was very nice, civil and to the point.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation phase. They just told me how much they were paying managerial positions ($80K) and added $5K for my experience.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Warner Bros. in December 2012.

Overall, I was very pleased with the HR and hiring process until the very end. About a 4-6 weeks after submitting my resume online, I was contacted by an HR coordinator who conducted a brief phone interview (salary requirements, why I wanted to leave my current job, why I applied to Warner Bros, etc.), then she asked me to come in for a skills test and to meet with her the following week. The skills test entailed about 10-12 questions for different MS programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and a timed typing test at the end). If you use these programs in your daily workplace, its pretty simple. Then, I met with the HR coordinator again, where she described to me more about the job, asked about my professional background, and basic behavioral questions, overall it went very well. Then, she contacted me a week later to come in and meet the director, who would be the hiring decision maker for the position. I came in a week later, and the interview went great, it actually seemed more like a personality test, and felt like we got along great and agreed on a lot of things. He also showed me some specific projects that they were working on, which I thought was a bit confidential/odd for an interview. I followed up with a Thank You email later that day (also had sent a Thank You to the HR coordinator before as well).

After a week, I checked in with the HR coordinator and HR manager to see where the hiring process stood, but they didn't reply. It's been three weeks since, and still haven't heard anything so I'm assuming I didn't get the job. It's a shame because my experience aligned perfectly with the job and I interacted well with the team, oh well.

It's too bad because up to that point I thought the hiring managers kept me well informed and were on top of their game, but not having the courtesy to reply with a polite rejection or status update, I think is rude. It was during the Thanksgiving holidays/December, but I think they could still extend a better courtesy of keeping their applicants informed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Warner Bros..

About a week after applying online, I received a call from the recruiter with some general questions, basically confirming my resume. Second call was a week later, with a more in-depth interview, again with the same recruiter. A week after that, I had a phone interview with the director. A few days later I was asked to come in for an in-person interview. I met with 5 different people that day.

Interview Questions
    • HR listened to every single word that came out of my mouth and questioned me if I happened to use one term that could have been taken out of context. So be careful.   Answer Question
    No negotiation at all. Lucky for me they offered the minimum I was willing to accept. So know what your baseline is before, because they did not budge with me.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Warner Bros..

Not that many rounds of interviews as most companies would do in the industry. Just phone screen, recruiter interview and manager interview.

Interview Questions
    No negotiating. Flat rate that they offered with no wiggle room.