Warner Bros. Interview Questions in Burbank, CA

Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.3

Manager Business Analysis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Warner Bros. (Burbank, CA).

Interview

There was an initial phone screen, 2 weeks later I got invited to an in person interview with a panel of 2 and then 3 weeks later, I had an in person interview with a VP

Interview Questions

• What are the qualities that makes you the best candidate for this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Warner Bros. (Burbank, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

You have to follow up with HR because they forget to schedule interviews if you don't. I had a couple of follow up interviews for the other team members and if I didn't follow up with them I doubt they would have remembered to reach out. The interview itself was straight forward with all the usual interview questions. I met with the head of the department, direct supervisor and a team member.

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Warner Bros. (Burbank, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

The entire process was very efficient at first and everyone was responsive and helpful. I was approached by a recruiter who set up a phone interview with me. Then I was contacted by the hiring manager a week later to schedule an in person interview with one of the executives of the department I would be working in. The interview was set up for several weeks later, so I did all I could to prepare for the interview. On the day of the interview while I was driving to the location I was called by the recruiter who told me that they wanted to add an interview with another executive prior to my initially scheduled interview, which I agreed to. I arrived at the location completely prepared - but that's when I everything went south. During my first interview the person interviewing me was completely unprepared and in a bad mood. He/she clearly did not want to be interviewing me as it was scheduled last minute. He/She even expressed to me that the job I was applying for was added to him/her responsibilities recently and he/she seemed unhappy to be supervising another person. He/she interrupted me quite a few times during my interview and asked me some very irreverent questions. Even though I was extremely prepared and knew a lot about the company and the position, I wasn't given the chance to express my knowledge. I was very disappointed with his/her unprofessional behavior and the fact that he/she did not respect my time, looked miserable and didn't actually care about how qualified I was for the position. Next, I had my second interview, which started late because the person interviewing me was in a meeting. When we finally started to talk, he/she told me that he/she had to leave right on time as he/she had another meeting, and apologized. This interviewer also had never looked at my resume prior to our meeting, but was a great communicator. I was very impressed with how passionate he/she was about the topic and clearly knew what he/she was talking about. Even though no one was prepared, and in a complete rush, it was a pleasure meeting my second interviewer and I would work with him/her any day. To summarize, the first interview went okay and the second interview went very well. After the interviews I sent thank you emails to my interviewers and then followed up 2 weeks later. Till this day, I have not heard back and no one (recruiter, hiring manage, interviewers) will answer my emails about updates about the job. I understand that they are busy, but I think this is very unprofessional specially because I took the time to go out there and meet with these people. I expected them to at least tell me if I didn't make it or give me some indication of what to expect.

Set Watch Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Warner Bros. (Burbank, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

The interview was a group interview. I'd advise dressing up, looking neat and professional, clean shaved for guys, mustache is ok. There were about 40 people in the interview and about 10 interviewees (or people observing) from human resources and upper security management. I knew before leaving if I had the job or not. I've always hated the waiting game and obviously Warner Brothers respects that.

Interview Questions

• They broke us up into teams of 6 or 7. They had us arrange 20 random seeming items from most to least important if we were stranded in a life boat together.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Warner Bros. (Burbank, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Contacted via email by HR and was interviewed twice by phone, 1st by HR and then by a potential supervisor. Very easy and congenial. Then was interviewed by three VPs and the supervisor in person at the studio. All went very well and everyone was very warm and inviting.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult, to be honest. I felt they were trying to get a sense of my personality since my resume proved my qualifications.   Answer Question

Associate Technical Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Warner Bros. (Burbank, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Submitted resume/app online. Got contacted by recruiter 2 weeks later which led into a phone interview with hiring manager and a flight out to Burbank for an in person interview. Interviews were very informal which was different/nice. Overall process was quick and easy -- best experience so far.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult or unexpected. Mainly just asked about previous experience and how it would relate to the position.   Answer Question

As much as I wanted to accept the offer, the salary was just too low to justify the cost of moving. I tried to negotiate, but the most they would budge was an increase to the relocation amount -- salary stayed the same.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Warner Bros. (Burbank, CA).

Interview

Very efficient and thorough process. Pleasant recruiters.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult as i had been a temp in this position for a few months prior to being hired.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pleasant and fair on the company side.

Clerk Floater Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Warner Bros. (Burbank, CA).

Interview

Submit an app online, provide info for background check, receive a call for interview, complete online hire packet.

Interview Questions

• Would you be comfortable joining a union for this job?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-Negotiable Unionized Wage

Assistant Animation Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Warner Bros. (Burbank, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

I was "brought in" by a colleague who was overloaded and needed help with his duties as Animation Supervisor on a CGI TV series being animated overseas. The Producers interviewed me based on his recommendation. This was not the typical WB hiring process. The production was "under the gun" facing an end-of-season crunch, and they were desperate. They circumvented the entire recruitment process and got me in the office as quickly as possible one they vetted me.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this job? (Context: overqualified)   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. The budget had only limited funds to spare, so I was paid standard Union rate for an Assistant Animator. Sometimes you just have to take what you can get.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Warner Bros. (Burbank, CA).

Interview

Hiring process was very detailed. They called all my previous employers to verify my salary history. They also did a very extensive background check on me, including my overseas employment. Every time they hit a stumbling block they would call me and ask me to call my previous employer so that they would accept the call from HR and would talk to them about my salary. It was kind of too much, but I really wanted to get the job so I played along.

Interview Questions

• I was interviewed by a VP of my department, who was a great communicator and a pleasure to talk to. I don't remember any difficult or unexpected question. Everything was very nice, civil and to the point.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase. They just told me how much they were paying managerial positions ($80K) and added $5K for my experience.