Warner Bros. Interview Questions

2.4

Manager Business Analysis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Warner Bros..

There was an initial phone screen, 2 weeks later I got invited to an in person interview with a panel of 2 and then 3 weeks later, I had an in person interview with a VP

Interview Questions
    • What are the qualities that makes you the best candidate for this position?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Warner Bros. in February 2015.

Recruiter was super nice and very informative. Went out of her way to ask me some questions to prepare me for the interview. The following is in no way a reflection of the recruiters efforts.

Interview was a horrible experience. Scheduled an interview for late (8:30PM) EST (to accommodate their PST schedule) and they called around 11PM. Soooo, we rescheduled the interview again. Not only were they late the next time around, but they were extremely contentious, unnecessarily hostile, and very egotistical. To make matters worse, whenever I was speaking, they seemed to not be paying attention and hanging onto their own notion of what the answer to a question was or should be, instead of understanding that coming to a "correct" answer is possible from numerous directions. Every digested word was taken personally and it only went down hill from there. The line of questions were not difficult at all, but I felt extremely uncomfortable after about 3 minutes into the conversation due to the tone, which the interview took, and did not care to continue and went complete troglodyte just to get off the line.

Everybody has bad days, I get it, but in general, I came away with the impression that they have a very nascent IT operations center due to the unprofessional interview and line of questioning. Even if the interview had gone well, I would not have bothered to accept an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Questions asked pertained to the following topics: location for logs on Windows OS and information contained within web server logs.   View Answer

Location Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Warner Bros..

It's still not what you know but who knows you. The best way to have a chance to interview for a local production is to find the local Unit Production Managers and ask to meet them. some will say no, but the ones that will do it will remember you and you'll have a chance to build a relationship. They are the local hirers when productions come into a town.

Interview Questions
    Union job with a mostly set salary.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Warner Bros. in January 2015.

The entire process was very efficient at first and everyone was responsive and helpful.

I was approached by a recruiter who set up a phone interview with me. Then I was contacted by the hiring manager a week later to schedule an in person interview with one of the executives of the department I would be working in. The interview was set up for several weeks later, so I did all I could to prepare for the interview.

On the day of the interview while I was driving to the location I was called by the recruiter who told me that they wanted to add an interview with another executive prior to my initially scheduled interview, which I agreed to. I arrived at the location completely prepared - but that's when I everything went south.

During my first interview the person interviewing me was completely unprepared and in a bad mood. He/she clearly did not want to be interviewing me as it was scheduled last minute. He/She even expressed to me that the job I was applying for was added to him/her responsibilities recently and he/she seemed unhappy to be supervising another person. He/she interrupted me quite a few times during my interview and asked me some very irreverent questions. Even though I was extremely prepared and knew a lot about the company and the position, I wasn't given the chance to express my knowledge. I was very disappointed with his/her unprofessional behavior and the fact that he/she did not respect my time, looked miserable and didn't actually care about how qualified I was for the position.

Next, I had my second interview, which started late because the person interviewing me was in a meeting. When we finally started to talk, he/she told me that he/she had to leave right on time as he/she had another meeting, and apologized. This interviewer also had never looked at my resume prior to our meeting, but was a great communicator. I was very impressed with how passionate he/she was about the topic and clearly knew what he/she was talking about. Even though no one was prepared, and in a complete rush, it was a pleasure meeting my second interviewer and I would work with him/her any day.

To summarize, the first interview went okay and the second interview went very well. After the interviews I sent thank you emails to my interviewers and then followed up 2 weeks later. Till this day, I have not heard back and no one (recruiter, hiring manage, interviewers) will answer my emails about updates about the job.

I understand that they are busy, but I think this is very unprofessional specially because I took the time to go out there and meet with these people. I expected them to at least tell me if I didn't make it or give me some indication of what to expect.

Trade Marketing Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Warner Bros..

No salary negotiating, long drawn out process and interviewers were not prepared or seemed rushed during face to face meetings. Typical LA executives who manage up. Be sure to have your final number ready as once an offer is made there is no further negotiating. be sure to inquire about the pension policy

Talent Acquisition Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Warner Bros. in December 2014.

I wasn't asked questions about my experience or background. I was told about the position and what it entails. I was interviewed by the ED of the department for 30 minutes and then I was interviewed by the manager of the department along with a coordinator to tell me more about the position and what she does.

Interview Questions
    • Do you know what a talent acquisition coordinator does?   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Warner Bros..

Interviewed with manager and that was it. Met briefly with recruiter to discuss job position and who to interview with. There was slight prep from recruiter that was helpful. Having work experience is emphasized. there's no skills test.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard questions. Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question
    Absolutely no negotiation. When trying to negotiate for pay when offered promotion, literally got yelled at.

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Warner Bros. in November 2014.

I applied online through their website. The next day HR emailed me to set up a screening interview with them. The next day they called me & conducted a brief phone interview (salary requirements, why I wanted to leave my current job, why I applied to Warner Bros, etc.). They said they liked me for the job and passed along my resume to the hiring manager and told me I'd be contacted within a week.

About 2 weeks later I received an email from HR for an in person interview with a few people from the department. Sat in with everyone at the same time for the interview (I was expecting multiple individual interviews) which was a nice relaxed setting. They asked basic questions about how I handle myself in certain situations (mostly high stress and heavy workload/organization based) and what I am looking for. I was asked about what programs I am comfortable in and have experience working with, my excel/Microsoft office knowledge, and if I have experience working internationally. Before I even got home, HR called to set up another interview with their VP, SVP & EVP (individually this time). Came back and got passed around to all the higher ups, this time asking me questions about my career and about what I think I could bring to the team. I could tell this round was more for pleasantries and to just make sure they all approved of me, so it made me pretty relaxed and confident going in.

Before I even got home from the interviews, again, HR called me to tell me they'd love to offer me the position. I went through a 2 week background check waiting period then started at orientation the following week. Very quick hiring process!

Overall it was a very pleasant environment and you could tell most people were very passionate about working there. HR was responsive and easy to work with. The only thing that I found odd was that I only spoke with HR during the entire process, except for the actual interviews. Usually I would have some email or contact with those I would be working with or the hiring manager prior to starting. Even my first day I hadn't spoken to anyone so I didn't know what to do, where to park or expect and came into the office blindly only using the knowledge of the office that I gained from my interview there a month prior. Despite that, Warner Bros. is extremely welcoming and a great business atmosphere.

Interview Questions
    • From everything you have learned about this role, what do you think will be your biggest challenge?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of how you managed a work load that you couldn't handle.   Answer Question
    • How do you approach stressful situations?   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate salary modestly, the benefits were great, and included paid over time and annual bonus.

Summer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Warner Bros. in June 2014.

Very informal phone interview. My interviewer almost seemed lackadaisical and monotone. He did not seem to be excited to be there, or very interested in me. When I asked questions about his/her career, in an effort to make a personal connection, I got very short vague answers. I found it hard to carry the conversation without much to go on, and the questions were very basic such as, "What are your greatest strengths and weaknesses?" I was very excited to be interviewing, however after the call I had second thoughts about the corporate culture. I was scheduled to have a second interview with another department, and after confirming the appointment I was asked to re-schedule. The re-schedule appointment never happened and I wasted an entire afternoon sitting by the phone. Never got a response to my email inquiries. Does the large supply of labor in their industry cause them to be aloof? After being in contact with 3 people at the company one was fantastic, and two were unresponsive.

Development Intern Interview

Initial phone interview with recruiter and then in-person interview with the department. It's important to be proactive and to follow up as they are very busy. The recruiter asks basic questions and walks through your resume with you. The department asks more specific questions and discusses your role in the internship.