Warner Bros.

Updated Jan 28, 2015

2.4

Location Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Warner Bros..

It's still not what you know but who knows you. The best way to have a chance to interview for a local production is to find the local Unit Production Managers and ask to meet them. some will say no, but the ones that will do it will remember you and you'll have a chance to build a relationship. They are the local hirers when productions come into a town.

Interview Questions
    Union job with a mostly set salary.

Trade Marketing Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Warner Bros..

No salary negotiating, long drawn out process and interviewers were not prepared or seemed rushed during face to face meetings. Typical LA executives who manage up. Be sure to have your final number ready as once an offer is made there is no further negotiating. be sure to inquire about the pension policy

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Warner Bros..

Interviewed with manager and that was it. Met briefly with recruiter to discuss job position and who to interview with. There was slight prep from recruiter that was helpful. Having work experience is emphasized. there's no skills test.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard questions. Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question
    Absolutely no negotiation. When trying to negotiate for pay when offered promotion, literally got yelled at.

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Warner Bros. in November 2014.

I applied online through their website. The next day HR emailed me to set up a screening interview with them. The next day they called me & conducted a brief phone interview (salary requirements, why I wanted to leave my current job, why I applied to Warner Bros, etc.). They said they liked me for the job and passed along my resume to the hiring manager and told me I'd be contacted within a week.

About 2 weeks later I received an email from HR for an in person interview with a few people from the department. Sat in with everyone at the same time for the interview (I was expecting multiple individual interviews) which was a nice relaxed setting. They asked basic questions about how I handle myself in certain situations (mostly high stress and heavy workload/organization based) and what I am looking for. I was asked about what programs I am comfortable in and have experience working with, my excel/Microsoft office knowledge, and if I have experience working internationally. Before I even got home, HR called to set up another interview with their VP, SVP & EVP (individually this time). Came back and got passed around to all the higher ups, this time asking me questions about my career and about what I think I could bring to the team. I could tell this round was more for pleasantries and to just make sure they all approved of me, so it made me pretty relaxed and confident going in.

Before I even got home from the interviews, again, HR called me to tell me they'd love to offer me the position. I went through a 2 week background check waiting period then started at orientation the following week. Very quick hiring process!

Overall it was a very pleasant environment and you could tell most people were very passionate about working there. HR was responsive and easy to work with. The only thing that I found odd was that I only spoke with HR during the entire process, except for the actual interviews. Usually I would have some email or contact with those I would be working with or the hiring manager prior to starting. Even my first day I hadn't spoken to anyone so I didn't know what to do, where to park or expect and came into the office blindly only using the knowledge of the office that I gained from my interview there a month prior. Despite that, Warner Bros. is extremely welcoming and a great business atmosphere.

Interview Questions
    • From everything you have learned about this role, what do you think will be your biggest challenge?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of how you managed a work load that you couldn't handle.   Answer Question
    • How do you approach stressful situations?   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate salary modestly, the benefits were great, and included paid over time and annual bonus.

Summer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Warner Bros. in June 2014.

Very informal phone interview. My interviewer almost seemed lackadaisical and monotone. He did not seem to be excited to be there, or very interested in me. When I asked questions about his/her career, in an effort to make a personal connection, I got very short vague answers. I found it hard to carry the conversation without much to go on, and the questions were very basic such as, "What are your greatest strengths and weaknesses?" I was very excited to be interviewing, however after the call I had second thoughts about the corporate culture. I was scheduled to have a second interview with another department, and after confirming the appointment I was asked to re-schedule. The re-schedule appointment never happened and I wasted an entire afternoon sitting by the phone. Never got a response to my email inquiries. Does the large supply of labor in their industry cause them to be aloof? After being in contact with 3 people at the company one was fantastic, and two were unresponsive.

Development Intern Interview

Initial phone interview with recruiter and then in-person interview with the department. It's important to be proactive and to follow up as they are very busy. The recruiter asks basic questions and walks through your resume with you. The department asks more specific questions and discusses your role in the internship.

Senior Manager Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Warner Bros. in May 2014.

Contacted via email by HR and was interviewed twice by phone, 1st by HR and then by a potential supervisor. Very easy and congenial. Then was interviewed by three VPs and the supervisor in person at the studio. All went very well and everyone was very warm and inviting.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was difficult, to be honest. I felt they were trying to get a sense of my personality since my resume proved my qualifications.   Answer Question

Project Administrator Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Warner Bros..

Took forever to get a call. Finally got a call but only because of an internal referral. Got a call for a different position then I went on all three interviews in one day. They made a decision quickly and the pay was fair for the position. Everyone was very friendly

Interview Questions
    • It was a very basic interview. HR did the initial interview to make sure I was qualified and then I moved on to interview with the supervisor, manager, and VP   Answer Question

Associate Technical Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Warner Bros. in April 2014.

Submitted resume/app online. Got contacted by recruiter 2 weeks later which led into a phone interview with hiring manager and a flight out to Burbank for an in person interview. Interviews were very informal which was different/nice. Overall process was quick and easy -- best experience so far.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult or unexpected. Mainly just asked about previous experience and how it would relate to the position.   Answer Question

As much as I wanted to accept the offer, the salary was just too low to justify the cost of moving. I tried to negotiate, but the most they would budge was an increase to the relocation amount -- salary stayed the same.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Warner Bros..

Very efficient and thorough process. Pleasant recruiters.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult as i had been a temp in this position for a few months prior to being hired.   Answer Question
    Pleasant and fair on the company side.