Warner Music Interview Questions

Updated Feb 5, 2015
Updated Feb 5, 2015

2.5

Internal Audit Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Warner Music.

Applied online, heard back within a week. First round was a phone interview with HR. Talent Acquisition lady sounded quite unseasoned. Didn't appear to know much about internal audit or the finance organization in general. No energy or enthusiasm. It was a 30 minute discussion - her questions were straight out of a book and she didn't portray much confidence at all. Worst yet - she never asked if I had any questions for... I would think that is common courtesy in any interview. She seemed to be in a rush and we left off without any discussion around next steps. Anyhow, I heard back from them after a week confirming an interview. To my surprise I was scheduled to interview with a Senior Auditor who is two years out of college (looked up her LinkedIn profile). Couldn't fathom how a Manager role would get interviewed by a Senior - its the same as an employee interviewing their boss. I called HR to get more details but didn't sound like they had a reasonable answer. So, I notified them that I was not interested in the position any longer. Strangest interview experience ever.

Internal Audit in WM seems to be in a pretty bad shape. I was suppose to interview for Operational Audit Mgr role but would be reporting to IT Senior Manager temporarily since the Ops Director had quit. Overall, didn't get a good vibe about this place.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself. Tell me about an audit issue that you found.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Warner Music.

Application is online, pretty straight forward. After two weeks there is a phone call which is a screening which asks basic questions like why you want to work there, what you are interested in, what your major is, what music are you currently listening to etc. Very laid back. After another week or so, someone will contact you from a department to ask about your previous employment, how often you will be able to work, what your interests are. The interview was very laid back and it seemed to be more about if you are like minded.

Intern Interview

Submitted resume and cover letter to HR and completed a Taleo application. Was contacted within a month for an interview, which was fairly straightforward behavioral questions. Told I got the job the next day.

Wmg Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Warner Music in July 2014.

Had a standard phone interview about my resume and why I wanted to work at Warner Music Group.I then had an interview at the Burbank location. Standard interview with easy questions. It took no more than 20 minutes. The supervisor was late to the interview.

Coordinator Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Warner Music.

Pretty easy, more conversational. You HAVE to know someone to get in though, the best resume in the world won't help. I really didn't want to go through my friend, but in the end, I had to. I am over qualified for the job, too.

Interview Questions
    • None, just light conversation, a "get to know you" thing.   Answer Question
    Zero negotiation. I tried.

Campus Marketing Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Warner Music in June 2014.

Very easy. I was contacted by them on Internsushi and then I had two phone call interviews. The first call I had lasted about 40 minutes. They asked lots of questions about my past experiences, and I had to relate them to how I would be a good fit for the position. They asked a lot of questions about my involvement on campus and my knowledge of campus and the different organizations. If you don't know a lot about your campus then you should definitely try to learn more about it so you can pitch ideas that will expose the maximum amount of students to WMG artists music.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me who my favorite artists were. I knew they were going to ask that question but I didn't know if I should only say WMG artists or my real favorites which included musicians that are signed on their competitors labels.   Answer Question

PromotionsAt Atlantic Records Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Warner Music in May 2014.

I applied through the WMG website and sent in my resume and a cover letter. A week later I was contacted by an HR intern for a 5-minute phone screening, where she asked me basic questions about myself, why Warner Music, and what my favorite music was. I didn't hear anything for a few months and then closer to summer an Assistant at Atlantic Records contacted me for a phone interview. The interview was mostly behavioral, and a week later was extended an offer!

Internal Audit Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Warner Music in April 2014.

Applied for a job at least 4 years prior. (I guess they really do keep you resume on file ; ) Received an email in reference for a job that I had not previously applied for, but was a good fit for. Had a phone conversation with an HR rep that lasted about 20-30 min. Basic behavioral interview questions to get a feel for the type of candidate your are.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. If you know your resume and are truthful with your experiences, then you'll be fine.   Answer Question

College Marketing Representative Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Warner Music.

Phone Interview that lasted pretty long.

Interview Questions
    • Why not other college rep programs offered by competitors (Sony, Universal, etc.)?

Biggest strength and weakness.

Answer Question

Human Resources Intern Interview

Standard phone interview (roughly 10 minutes) followed by an in person interview with the hiring manager.