Warner Music Interview Questions & Reviews

20 interviews

2.5

Campus Marketing Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Warner Music in June 2014.

Very easy. I was contacted by them on Internsushi and then I had two phone call interviews. The first call I had lasted about 40 minutes. They asked lots of questions about my past experiences, and I had to relate them to how I would be a good fit for the position. They asked a lot of questions about my involvement on campus and my knowledge of campus and the different organizations. If you don't know a lot about your campus then you should definitely try to learn more about it so you can pitch ideas that will expose the maximum amount of students to WMG artists music.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me who my favorite artists were. I knew they were going to ask that question but I didn't know if I should only say WMG artists or my real favorites which included musicians that are signed on their competitors labels.   Answer Question

Internal Audit Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Warner Music in April 2014.

Applied for a job at least 4 years prior. (I guess they really do keep you resume on file ; ) Received an email in reference for a job that I had not previously applied for, but was a good fit for. Had a phone conversation with an HR rep that lasted about 20-30 min. Basic behavioral interview questions to get a feel for the type of candidate your are.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. If you know your resume and are truthful with your experiences, then you'll be fine.   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Warner Music.

Pretty easy, more conversational. You HAVE to know someone to get in though, the best resume in the world won't help. I really didn't want to go through my friend, but in the end, I had to. I am over qualified for the job, too.

Interview Questions
    • None, just light conversation, a "get to know you" thing.   Answer Question
    Zero negotiation. I tried.

College Marketing Representative Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Warner Music.

Phone Interview that lasted pretty long.

Interview Questions
    • Why not other college rep programs offered by competitors (Sony, Universal, etc.)?

Biggest strength and weakness.
        Answer Question

Human Resources Intern Interview

Standard phone interview (roughly 10 minutes) followed by an in person interview with the hiring manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Warner Music in February 2013.

Submitted my online application -> phone screening -> received email from hiring manager in my department of choice to set up phone interview -> had phone interview (13 minutes) -> received offer the following day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Warner Music in July 2013.

I applied for the internship in May and heard back from them in July. We scheduled the interview for the following week and I was hired the day after the interview. After the interview you have to then sign off on confidentially documents and submit school paperwork before you can start working.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected questions. Typical interview questions were asked. No prep needed.   Answer Question

Graphic Design Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Warner Music in May 2011.

Was interviewed by two different people, one who became my supervisor. The questions were pretty easy. It felt more like a conversation, rather than a question-answer interview process. They were very friendly and I got to see a lot of the companies current work. I was asked to show/explain my portfolio ( which should be easy if it is your work!)

Interview Questions
    • There was really no unexpected question out of the ordinary. All the questions were pretty standard and dealt with my background, school experience and about my art portfolio. Be prepared to explain the process in which your designs were prepared as well as what programs (i.e. Adobe CS5, ect.) were used for each project.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Warner Music.

First was a general phone interview from HR, questions like "why do you wanna work for Warner Music Group" "what are your computer skills" and questions about my availability. It was very brief. Then i was contacted for an in-person interview which was pretty laid back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Burbank, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Warner Music in January 2010.

Very comfortable interview. All of the questions were pretty standard, nothing intended to trick you. Consisted mostly of "how will an internship at WMG help you in your future? What made you decide on our company? What can you offer through your role as an intern? Why did you decide on a specific department? What other relevant experience have you had that can possibly assist you in this role?"

Interview Questions
    • a doozy is always "what would you say is your greatest weakness?"   View Answer

Worked for Warner Music? Contribute to the Community!