Washington DC Government

Updated Sep 25, 2014
Updated Sep 25, 2014

2.7

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Washington DC Government in September 2014.

I applied 2 months ago, and I got a call for the interview. I was interviewed by 3 people at the same time. They were very pleasant, and professional. They really make you feel comfortable.

District Leadership Program Summer Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Washington DC Government.

I submitted my application online and got a phone call three weeks later. The interview process will take around two to three hours. The questions are all about personality, skills and behavioral test. There is a writing exercise at the end of the interview to test your writing skills.

Interview Questions
    • How can you contribute to the Mayor's One action city vision ?   Answer Question

Management Analyst Interview

Connected through networking. Applied for a different job online and did not get that. However had a pleasant phone interview and was kept in mind for the next time an opening more fitting become available.

Accountant Interview

I applied online. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at Washington DC Government.

Questions are not bad, panel of three mostly and generally the position is already filled , they are interviewing for formality.

There is none.

Recovery Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Washington DC Government.

Submitted DC Govt application for the position with ranking factors. Had interview with hiring Nuse Manager.

Accepting starting Salary

Police Officer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Washington DC Government.

Complete an online application, receive notice of test dates, background investigation begins, take physical agility test, medical exam ( height, weight, blood pressure, blood test (drugs), vision, and hearing, behavioral health exam - approximately 4 to 5 hours, meet with background investigator for a home visit, wait for a letter of acceptance informing you of the next class date to start the Academy (approximately 6 mos)

Interview Questions
    • Mental Health questions regarding meds and psychiatric treatment   View Answer
    No negotiation

Unemployment Tax Examiner Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Washington DC Government in December 2013.

I applied for this position on October 2013. I received a call on on December about my interest for this position. The interview was set for mid December. When I got there I waited for a brief moment before my panel interview (3 people) began. I could not gauge the interviewers reactions but felt that they wanted who would do work and would learn about the processes. I interviewed with an HR representative who was with the interviewers to keep the process unbiased. After the interview ended, I was informed by the HR rep that after all the candidates were interviewed, I would be notified about the process or receive an offer.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about my knowledge of the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. I did graduate with an MBA in Accounting and Finance but did not anticipate having to flesh out my knowledge. I was also asked about experience with testing software for revenue accounting. If you get called for this position, make sure to brush up on your accounting.   Answer Question

Computer Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Washington DC Government.

Great interview while meeting with two managers who asked a number of questions relating to the position I applied for, then I was extended an offer in which I excepted gladly.

This was an easy process for me.

IT Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Washington DC Government in October 2013.

I applied for the position and forgot about it, since I wasn't contacted for an interview until 2 months later. A phone interview was set-up with the department, with a panel of about 5-6 people. The panel only had about 5 specific questions to ask me, which I thought was odd since interviewers usually have a range of questions to ask. All the questions were specific to software and programs I have used, as well as my familiarity with policies and procedures.

HR representative was unprofessional and was rushing me to make a decision. HR representative also would not email me an employment offer letter (with my salary included in it), along with benefits package, as previously agreed upon. However, they had no problem with emailing all of their required documents from me. Salary range also would have been too low, without room for negotiation.

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Washington DC Government in November 2012.

Submitted my application in August, I was contacted in late October for the interview. I was contacted 2 weeks later to submit all documents they requested and offered a contingency offer.. No one has followed up with the results. It was a depth of information to compile and then not to hear from anyone. What is the hiring process and why does it take so long for some and not for others?

Interview Questions
    • I was pretty comfortable with questions. They were just extremely long.   Answer Question
    I got a contingent offer in Nov. The person said I would be contacted for the next step. I'm still waiting for the hiring manager to contact me.