Washington DC Government Interview Questions in Washington, DC

Updated Apr 8, 2015

2.5

Clinical Psychologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Washington DC Government (Washington, DC).

Interview

Met with the Agency's Director of Psychology for abt an hour. Discussed my curriculum vitae in detail (she already had a copy). She asked me how I felt about working with the various populations the hospital serves, and what specialized skills/experiences I had that I thought could improve/expand the services the Psycholigy Department was already providing.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a theoretical orientation you prefer when doing psychotherapy?   1 Answer

District Leadership Program Summer Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Washington DC Government (Washington, DC).

Interview

I submitted my application online and got a phone call three weeks later. The interview process will take around two to three hours. The questions are all about personality, skills and behavioral test. There is a writing exercise at the end of the interview to test your writing skills.

Interview Questions

• How can you contribute to the Mayor's One action city vision ?   Answer Question

Recovery Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Washington DC Government (Washington, DC).

Interview

Submitted DC Govt application for the position with ranking factors. Had interview with hiring Nuse Manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Accepting starting Salary

Computer Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Washington DC Government (Washington, DC).

Interview

Great interview while meeting with two managers who asked a number of questions relating to the position I applied for, then I was extended an offer in which I excepted gladly.

Negotiation

This was an easy process for me.

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Washington DC Government (Washington, DC) in November 2012.

Interview

Submitted my application in August, I was contacted in late October for the interview. I was contacted 2 weeks later to submit all documents they requested and offered a contingency offer.. No one has followed up with the results. It was a depth of information to compile and then not to hear from anyone. What is the hiring process and why does it take so long for some and not for others?

Interview Questions

• I was pretty comfortable with questions. They were just extremely long.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I got a contingent offer in Nov. The person said I would be contacted for the next step. I'm still waiting for the hiring manager to contact me.

Director of Education Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Washington DC Government (Washington, DC) in September 2010.

Interview

Everything ran smoothly, I applied, I was invited in for an interview, I received a job offer a week later. I was onboarded 3 weeks after that time

Interview Questions

• What knowledge did I have about local and federal grants   Answer Question

Revenue Accounting Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Washington DC Government (Washington, DC) in August 2010.

Interview

I got a call from the adminstrative staff and an interview was scheduled. I went for the interview and it was a panel interview. They asked different questions individually and I think about 6 to 8 questions were asked in all.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with project management and what was the outcome of a project you were involved in   Answer Question
    • What do you think is the importance of an advisory role and what is your experience with that   Answer Question

Administrative Law Judge Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

interviewed at Washington DC Government (Washington, DC) in January 2010.

Interview

Searched DC Jobs, and submitted an application. Met with the Chief Administrative Law Judge. Interview lasted 45 minutes. The position had to deal with a backlog of workers' compensation cases. Asked how I would work with experienced administrative law judges in issuing decisions and orders. Described my administrative law experience and working with older and more experienced workers.

Interview Questions

• How would I learn workers' compensation law when I had no experience in the area?   Answer Question

Director of Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Washington DC Government (Washington, DC) in December 2009.

Interview

Very responsive to my time constraints for finding/accepting a job. The interview questions were discipline related and in depth. A lot of questions about how I would handle certain situations. The first interview was one on one then the next one was a panel.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not too much room for negotiation as it is a government job with specific salary range.

Information Technology Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Washington DC Government (Washington, DC) in November 2009.

Interview

knew the hiring manager, they were looking for someone technical so i came on board as a contractor. every full time employee in this organization at one time was a contractor

Interview Questions

Negotiation

they provided what i asked for. when i became a government employee they matched near to my contractor salary but lower. no room for negogiation