Washington Department of Corrections

3.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Washington Department of Corrections

Classification Counselor/Community Corrections Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longview, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Washington Department of Corrections in June 2008.

Panel interview consisting of three to five interviewers with scripted questions that they do not deviate from. Background check consists of WSCIC/NCIC and reference check.

Interview Questions
    • All questions are standard and easy to answer from a common sense perspective. Volunteer or relevant experience that can be referenced throughout the questions is helpful.   View Answer
    Little negotiating is able to be done as it is a state agency.

Community Corrections Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longview, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Washington Department of Corrections in January 2008.

An application is submitted on-line, and then scored to ensure you meet the minimum qualifications for the job. Once you pass that selection process, you will be notified by phone and/or e-mail of an interview. The interview will most likely take place in front of a panel of three or four people in the office, including the unit supervisor. You will be asked exactly the same number of questions and the exact same questions as the other candidates. After the interview, you will usually be given an approximate date to expect a response.

Interview Questions
    • Perhaps the most surprising interview question wasn't a question at all. After a break between two questions, one of the panel members appeared to become increasingly agitated by one of my answers. He began yelling at me, telling me I was "ignorant" and the answer was "ridiculous." He rose from his chair shouting to the other panel members to have me removed.   View Answer
    This is a state position and the pay scale has been determined through negotiations between the agency and the department management. There is no negotiating your salary.