Washington Federal

Updated Nov 9, 2014
Updated Nov 9, 2014

2.3

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Washington Federal in June 2014.

I heard of the opening through the employment office who gave me the email address to send in my cover letter and resume. I received a call from the HR person a couple of days later and had an impromptu phone interview. She forwarded my information to the branch manager who called me a few days later for an in-person interview. The interview was about an hour and a half long and pretty relaxed. I heard back from the HR person who then told me that I had been selected to do a background check, credit check, drug test, and that she would be reaching out to my references. That took maybe another week and then I was given the official offer.

Interview Questions
    • Asked questions about my desire to grow within the company.   Answer Question
    The HR person told me the salary in the initial phone interview.

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Washington Federal.

Interview process was very professional. I sat down with the HR director and divisional manager. It wasn't uncomfortable at all.

Director of Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Washington Federal in January 2014.

I filled out a lengthy Expression of Interest (for internal applicants, several questions to answer in paragraph format) and e-mailed it to both HR and my supervisor. Then I had one interview at the Corporate Office in downtown Seattle. In preparation I brushed up on general knowledge for deposit operations, but I wasn't actually quizzed on anything. Following the interview I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • N/A. The "interview" was a face-to-face chat with the head of the department in which she explained what the job was all about. She had already decided to offer me the position.   View Answer
    In my experience, salary has never been negotiable. Raises come from either getting a promotion or just working hard so that your Manager is pleased with you at the end of the year when raises are under consideration.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Washington Federal.

Usually meet the branch manager at the location where you are intending to work, but may vary depending upon state and region of that branch. Looking for cash handling experience, and driven to grow within the company.

Interview Questions
    • Your participation with non profit companies and/or volunteering.   Answer Question
    Fair

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Washington Federal in April 2013.

First, I received a called from the HR director offering me an interview, which I then met with her a couple days later. After interviewing her, she liked me and contacted the branch manager to where I was applying which I then met with an hour later. I received a call within 48 hours offering me the position. Both interviews were extremely easy and relaxed.

Interview Questions
    • Easy interview for a teller position. Customer service is key, so there were no grueling questions.   View Answer
    No negotiation for salary. Start date was very flexible.

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Washington Federal in August 2012.

After you submit a resume then you wait for a call by an HR rep. The call is the first interview that only takes 5-10 minutes. The conversation is mostly just getting your information and explaining what the job expectations would be. The next step is interviewing with a manager who asks pretty simple questions just to gain what type of a person you are and if ou would be a good fit or not. Its a simple and nonstressful experience.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are not difficult. The most "challanging" I would say is something like "How would you respond to a customer that..."   Answer Question
    I asked for more money and they declined.

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Washington Federal in January 2012.

Interview was more like visiting that a productive discussion. Interviewer tended to slip into a mode of giving you the entire company history & all the play by play changes. If you are not careful, you will leave without having spent enough time interacting & they will still not know who you are or what your qualifications are. Go in with some prepared questions & be prepared to almost take control of the interview to keep it moving & productive, so they will know who you are & what your qualifications are.

They are a very conservative company & they are a portfolio lender with niche' products. They seemed to be looking for someone to follow their protocol & not ask questions or think to much outside the box. They are very big on their culture, their specific business model & religiously following both of them to the "T".

Interview Questions
    • Do you have local contact & established relationships?   View Answer

Mortgage Loan Coordinator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Washington Federal in August 2011.

Initial phone screening followed by interview with Human Resources Assistant and District Area Manager of Retail Branches.

Interview Questions
    • Very casual interview process; no behavioral interview questions; just questions related to relevant work experience and future career goals.   Answer Question
    Negotiation handled with one phone call when offer was presented to me and they got back to me within a couple of hours.

Administrative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Washington Federal in April 2011.

Friendly interviewers. Asked relevant questions.