Washington Federal Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2015

2.2

Deposit Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Washington Federal.

Interview

Really short just the typical why you want to apply for this job and they tell you the requirements and if you can meet them ohh and you cant smoke if you want a job here you have to be smoke and drug free

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellingham, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Washington Federal (Bellingham, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview was about an hour long. Pay starts at $10.38/hour for the first few months and then if you are up to par you get a raise. Company is benefit driven so that is why the pay is lower than some other banks. There are also bonuses based on the branches success. Interviewers were professional and gave a very positive feeling about my potential work environment.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The offering wage was set. Once you were there for a few months then you can get a raise.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Washington Federal (Seattle, WA) in October 2014.

Interview

it was too easy, more like talking me into the job. the recruiter went through the benefit, 401K, then told me about the staff at the branch. I was disappointed that the manager is the banker too. It makes it cheaper, but this bank is different. They don't run like the other banks I have worked at. Salaries start low, but I was told I could get a big increase to bring me back to what I was currently making if I did well. Can't say that is true as I did not end up taking the position.

Interview Questions

• they really didn't ask anything, just maybe tell me about ;yourself, no questions after that.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Washington Federal in June 2014.

Interview

I heard of the opening through the employment office who gave me the email address to send in my cover letter and resume. I received a call from the HR person a couple of days later and had an impromptu phone interview. She forwarded my information to the branch manager who called me a few days later for an in-person interview. The interview was about an hour and a half long and pretty relaxed. I heard back from the HR person who then told me that I had been selected to do a background check, credit check, drug test, and that she would be reaching out to my references. That took maybe another week and then I was given the official offer.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions about my desire to grow within the company.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The HR person told me the salary in the initial phone interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Washington Federal (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

Interview process was very professional. I sat down with the HR director and divisional manager. It wasn't uncomfortable at all.

Director of Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Washington Federal (Seattle, WA) in January 2014.

Interview

I filled out a lengthy Expression of Interest (for internal applicants, several questions to answer in paragraph format) and e-mailed it to both HR and my supervisor. Then I had one interview at the Corporate Office in downtown Seattle. In preparation I brushed up on general knowledge for deposit operations, but I wasn't actually quizzed on anything. Following the interview I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• N/A. The "interview" was a face-to-face chat with the head of the department in which she explained what the job was all about. She had already decided to offer me the position.   1 Answer

Negotiation

In my experience, salary has never been negotiable. Raises come from either getting a promotion or just working hard so that your Manager is pleased with you at the end of the year when raises are under consideration.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Washington Federal (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Usually meet the branch manager at the location where you are intending to work, but may vary depending upon state and region of that branch. Looking for cash handling experience, and driven to grow within the company.

Interview Questions

• Your participation with non profit companies and/or volunteering.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Fair

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Washington Federal in April 2013.

Interview

First, I received a called from the HR director offering me an interview, which I then met with her a couple days later. After interviewing her, she liked me and contacted the branch manager to where I was applying which I then met with an hour later. I received a call within 48 hours offering me the position. Both interviews were extremely easy and relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Easy interview for a teller position. Customer service is key, so there were no grueling questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation for salary. Start date was very flexible.

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Washington Federal (Seattle, WA) in August 2012.

Interview

After you submit a resume then you wait for a call by an HR rep. The call is the first interview that only takes 5-10 minutes. The conversation is mostly just getting your information and explaining what the job expectations would be. The next step is interviewing with a manager who asks pretty simple questions just to gain what type of a person you are and if ou would be a good fit or not. Its a simple and nonstressful experience.

Interview Questions

• The questions are not difficult. The most "challanging" I would say is something like "How would you respond to a customer that..."   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for more money and they declined.

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Washington Federal (Boise, ID) in January 2012.

Interview

Interview was more like visiting that a productive discussion. Interviewer tended to slip into a mode of giving you the entire company history & all the play by play changes. If you are not careful, you will leave without having spent enough time interacting & they will still not know who you are or what your qualifications are. Go in with some prepared questions & be prepared to almost take control of the interview to keep it moving & productive, so they will know who you are & what your qualifications are.

They are a very conservative company & they are a portfolio lender with niche' products. They seemed to be looking for someone to follow their protocol & not ask questions or think to much outside the box. They are very big on their culture, their specific business model & religiously following both of them to the "T".

Interview Questions

• Do you have local contact & established relationships?   1 Answer