Washington Hospital Healthcare System

Relevance Date Difficulty

IS Operations Manager Interview

IS Operations Manager
Fremont, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Washington Hospital Healthcare System.

Interview Details – The EA contacted me for an interview and not HR so there was no initial phone interview. The first round of interviews was panel style consisting of management personnel who would be my peers as well as my future manager. After the interview I received a call from the EA the next day saying they wanted to bring me back to talk to additional people. The people in the second round would be people who would report to me as well as other people in the department I would work with. So after a few days I received a call and was asked to come back again to talk to some more people. The hiring manager wanted the staff to know what they were getting and he wanted me to know what I was getting into. So in total there were 3 rounds of interviews talking to a total of 14 people (Round 1 - 7, Round 2 - 4, Round 3 - 3).

After the third round of interviews things started to move real slow. The hiring manager called every few days to indicate that "paperwork" had to be routed and signed and background checks had t be conducted. It was probably 3 weeks from the end of the third round interviews before an offer was officially extended.

Interview Question – Since this was a hospital there were people who belonged to unions and one interviewer asked if there was a strike would I be sympathetic to the union or cross the picket line?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Somehow the offer came in at exactly what I was making at my previous company and it was either a coincidence or the hiring manager had connections to find out my previous salary. I say this because my offer was not a round number salary offer. There were no stock options or signing bonus to negotiate for but I was able to negotiate health benefits to start on day 1 instead of after the normal 90 day probation period.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Washington Hospital Healthcare System? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Washington Hospital Healthcare System interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Washington Hospital Healthcare System employees and interview candidates.