Washington Metro Interview Questions

Updated Apr 26, 2015

2.6

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Washington Metro (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

I was first contacted by the HR manager who scheduled me for an interview. The interviewed by a panel of two managers. They asked about 10 questions. It is not very difficult only general set of questions.

Interview Questions

• Why wmata? describe a situation when you had a problem with your supervisor and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Tech Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Washington Metro.

Interview

took a series of test. The test started with 60 people. They gave out a written test, reading, and math test. After ever had taken the test everyone had a 15 min break while they graded the test. They called everyone back into the room and let everyone know if they passed or failed. Out of 60 only 11 people passed.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Washington Metro (Washington, DC).

Interview

Had an initial phone interview and an in-person interview with the hiring manager and their manager. However, it took a while to actually get hired through their HR process. After the offer, it took about 3 months.

Interview Questions

• All questions they asked were relevant to my experience and background. None threw me a curve.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a slightly higher salary than initially offered.

Assistant General Counsel Interview

Interview

Applied online and received an interview phone call several weeks later. Interview was a panel of three attorneys in the office. They were working from a set of questions, but did ask follow ups, where necessary. I explained my knowledge of all the FOIA exemptions and comfort with the exceptions I generally use. They were hoping to make a decision fairly quickly. I remember they said the person would be handling subpoenas as well as responding to PARP requests.

Interview Questions

• They asked about experience with the Privacy Act, I didn't have any, so it was a difficult question to answer.   Answer Question

Inventory Planner Interview

Interview

In-person Panel Review. Highly scripted questions; highly regimented process. Little opportunity for back-and-forth / "conversational" interaction during interview. Significant physical distance between inverviewee and interviewers - making eye-to-eye contact difficult.

Site Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Washington Metro (Washington, DC).

Interview

I was a contractor, I applied online, was interviewed in person and notified later that I was accepted for the position.

Interview Questions

• asked about experience coordinating with others and also PM related questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered salary based on my current income.

Sourcing and Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Washington Metro (Washington, DC) in September 2012.

Interview

Streamlined. It was brief. I interviewed with three of the assistant managers in the office of talent acquisition. I did not get a good sense of the culture from the interview, it seemed negative. But I was yearning for a job. The questions were not that hard.

Interview Questions

• What steps would you take to correct a serious mistake?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Washington Metro (Washington, DC) in April 2009.

Interview

they will give you a test and if you pass it then then will test you for practical test and then the real interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

it is fixed so no room for negotiation