Washington Mutual

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Teller Interview

Senior Teller
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Washington Mutual in August 2008.

Interview Details – I intyerviewed with the manager and asst. manager one on one. They asked questions about my personal experience in the role as a teller from another bank. The asst manager knew my current manager and came from the bank I was in the process of leaving so she asked a lot of personal questions too. That made me feel a little uncomfortable.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Negotiate your salary if you have experience and also specify your scheduling limitations in the begining if any.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Senior Marketing Analyst Interview

Senior Marketing Analyst
Vernon Hills, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Washington Mutual in July 2007.

Interview Details – Applied for marketing job online. Heard back from HR rep a couple of weeks later. Did well enough on the phone screen to make it to personal interviews about a week later. Day of interview had 2 one on one interviews. Asked about knowledge of company, highlights of career, strengths, weaknesses, and any project experience (dealing with cross functional teams). Both interviewers took notes. At end, asked specific questions about culture of company. Got the sense that things were very stressful as many people were let go and a "skeleton" crew was left. Sounded like there was so much work for too few people. Don't know if that is the kind of environment one would strive for at a company.

Interview Questions

• How would you work with cross functional teams from this location given that HQ is in Washington State and we are a satellite office?   Answer Question
  • How would you deal with stressful environment of having so much on your plate?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Washington Mutual? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Washington Mutual interview questions and advice in Chicago, IL. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Washington Mutual employees and interview candidates.