Washington Mutual

25 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Project Manager Interview

Chatsworth, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Washington Mutual in May 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed with manager, manager's peer, manager's boss and another level up the company before receiving offer.

Interview Question – not applicable. questions were about technical expertise and work ethics   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Washington Mutual

Interview Details – Got an email back from Northwestern one week after applying. Went to the downtown office for an in person interview (behavioral).

Interview Question – It's the typical behavioral interview eg. describe a situation where you had to show leadership and how you achieved it.   Answer Question

Computer Operator Interview

Orange, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Washington Mutual.

Interview Details – Really easy interview. More like an orientation / background of the company. It seemed like they already decided to hire me even before I stepped into the building.

Interview Question – None that I can remember. Not a lot of questions were asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It wasn't difficult. They didn't low ball me and I wasn't greedy. We pretty much agreed on a salary immediately.

Very Easy Interview

Intern Interview

Intern
Newport Beach, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Washington Mutual in March 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through university website. received a call back very promptly. went in for an interview. the entire process was 1 hour, mostly filled with "fit" questions about personality, goals, etc. Nothing complicated. Asked to make a 5min power point presentation due upon my 2nd interview which they scheduled then an there.

Interview Question – Describe a situation in which you were challeged etc.   Answer Question

Technical Analyst Interview

Technical Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Washington Mutual.

Interview Details – Easy as pie. The recruiter found me resume on Monster. He gave me a call for a brief screening. A couple days latter had an in person interview with the hiring manger and to future coworkers. Days late I was offered and expected the job and began days later (was unemployed at the time).

Interview Question – Can remember as it was years ago, but do remember one. Preference: UNIX or Windows? I said UNIX, guess that was the right answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Straight forward. Salary offered was higher than target salary.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Washington Mutual in December 2008.

Interview Details – I interviewed with HR and then a few days later, interviewed with the hiring manager

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you had to work with someone you didnt get along with   Answer Question

Associate General Counsel Interview

Seattle, WA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Washington Mutual in November 2008.

Interview Details – Internal promotion.

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Very Easy Interview

Teller Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Washington Mutual in February 2010.

Interview Details – Apply Online, HR Reviews Application, Phone Interview, Interview in Person

Interview Question – Give an example where you went above and beyond to serve a client   Answer Question

Assistant Branch Manager Interview

Assistant Branch Manager
Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Washington Mutual in June 2010.

Interview Details – This was a very basic interview based upon experience and behavioral questions. Tell me about yourself, your experience relavant to the job, etc. Then, it progressed to questions like, tell me a time when you... or, what do you think of the statement, " the customer is always right.'

The recruiter attempted to 'befriend" me by offering personal information I believe in an attempt to catch me off guard. I maintained my professionalism and didn't allow her to lure me into this.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why you are interested in this position?   Answer Question
  • Describe a difficult situation in your previous position and what you did to resolve it?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Financial Advisor
Washington, DC

The process took a day - interviewed at Washington Mutual in January 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was pretty informal. They just basically want to see if you are well spoken and if you are sociable. At the end of the day, you are the one who controls your own destiny in the job. They are not investing that much money into you, as the base salary is quite low and it is you who controls your own destiny in the job. They did ask very cliche and traditional questions such as what I thought "my greatest weakness" was. Unfortunately, I also think they are wondering if you have access to people with money (or at least people with earning potential.)

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – I am not interested in Sales.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Washington Mutual

Worked for Washington Mutual? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Washington Mutual interview questions and advice. All 25 interview reviews posted anonymously by Washington Mutual employees and interview candidates.