Washington Mutual Interview Questions & Reviews

2.6

Associate Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chatsworth, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chatsworth, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Washington Mutual in May 2010.

Interviewed with manager, manager's peer, manager's boss and another level up the company before receiving offer.

Interview Questions
    • not applicable. questions were about technical expertise and work ethics   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Got an email back from Northwestern one week after applying. Went to the downtown office for an in person interview (behavioral).

Interview Questions
    • It's the typical behavioral interview eg. describe a situation where you had to show leadership and how you achieved it.   Answer Question

Computer Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orange, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Washington Mutual.

Really easy interview. More like an orientation / background of the company. It seemed like they already decided to hire me even before I stepped into the building.

Interview Questions
    • None that I can remember. Not a lot of questions were asked.   Answer Question
    It wasn't difficult. They didn't low ball me and I wasn't greedy. We pretty much agreed on a salary immediately.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Newport Beach, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Washington Mutual in March 2013.

Applied through university website. received a call back very promptly. went in for an interview. the entire process was 1 hour, mostly filled with "fit" questions about personality, goals, etc. Nothing complicated. Asked to make a 5min power point presentation due upon my 2nd interview which they scheduled then an there.

Technical Analyst Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Washington Mutual.

Easy as pie. The recruiter found me resume on Monster. He gave me a call for a brief screening. A couple days latter had an in person interview with the hiring manger and to future coworkers. Days late I was offered and expected the job and began days later (was unemployed at the time).

Interview Questions
    • Can remember as it was years ago, but do remember one. Preference: UNIX or Windows? I said UNIX, guess that was the right answer.   Answer Question
    Straight forward. Salary offered was higher than target salary.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Washington Mutual in December 2008.

I interviewed with HR and then a few days later, interviewed with the hiring manager

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you had to work with someone you didnt get along with   Answer Question

Associate General Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I interviewed through other source. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Washington Mutual in November 2008.

Internal promotion.

No Negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Washington Mutual in February 2010.

Apply Online, HR Reviews Application, Phone Interview, Interview in Person

Interview Questions
    • Give an example where you went above and beyond to serve a client   Answer Question

Assistant Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Washington Mutual in June 2010.

This was a very basic interview based upon experience and behavioral questions. Tell me about yourself, your experience relavant to the job, etc. Then, it progressed to questions like, tell me a time when you... or, what do you think of the statement, " the customer is always right.'

The recruiter attempted to 'befriend" me by offering personal information I believe in an attempt to catch me off guard. I maintained my professionalism and didn't allow her to lure me into this.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me why you are interested in this position?   Answer Question
    • Describe a difficult situation in your previous position and what you did to resolve it?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

The process took a day - interviewed at Washington Mutual in January 2012.

The interview process was pretty informal. They just basically want to see if you are well spoken and if you are sociable. At the end of the day, you are the one who controls your own destiny in the job. They are not investing that much money into you, as the base salary is quite low and it is you who controls your own destiny in the job. They did ask very cliche and traditional questions such as what I thought "my greatest weakness" was. Unfortunately, I also think they are wondering if you have access to people with money (or at least people with earning potential.)

Interview Questions

I am not interested in Sales.

Worked for Washington Mutual? Contribute to the Community!