Washington Mutual Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2015

2.6

Desktop Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Washington Mutual.

Interview

It was a panel interview style, with higher manager, manager, and another tech. Each person asked a question from a list of questions. It was your typical interview panel process.

Manager Interview

Interview

Seven interviews over the course of one day. Met with hiring manager and various team members and head of group. They did not provide lunch. They did not try to trick you with trick questions. They asked questions that were relevant to the position.

Interview Questions

• I was given a quant quiz covering aspects of simulation. I was asked about software I had used in the past.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Got an email back from Northwestern one week after applying. Went to the downtown office for an in person interview (behavioral).

Interview Questions

• It's the typical behavioral interview eg. describe a situation where you had to show leadership and how you achieved it.   Answer Question

Computer Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Washington Mutual (Orange, CA).

Interview

Really easy interview. More like an orientation / background of the company. It seemed like they already decided to hire me even before I stepped into the building.

Interview Questions

• None that I can remember. Not a lot of questions were asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It wasn't difficult. They didn't low ball me and I wasn't greedy. We pretty much agreed on a salary immediately.

Technical Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Washington Mutual.

Interview

Easy as pie. The recruiter found me resume on Monster. He gave me a call for a brief screening. A couple days latter had an in person interview with the hiring manger and to future coworkers. Days late I was offered and expected the job and began days later (was unemployed at the time).

Interview Questions

• Can remember as it was years ago, but do remember one. Preference: UNIX or Windows? I said UNIX, guess that was the right answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Straight forward. Salary offered was higher than target salary.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Washington Mutual (Newport Beach, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Applied through university website. received a call back very promptly. went in for an interview. the entire process was 1 hour, mostly filled with "fit" questions about personality, goals, etc. Nothing complicated. Asked to make a 5min power point presentation due upon my 2nd interview which they scheduled then an there.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Washington Mutual (Washington, DC) in January 2012.

Interview

The interview process was pretty informal. They just basically want to see if you are well spoken and if you are sociable. At the end of the day, you are the one who controls your own destiny in the job. They are not investing that much money into you, as the base salary is quite low and it is you who controls your own destiny in the job. They did ask very cliche and traditional questions such as what I thought "my greatest weakness" was. Unfortunately, I also think they are wondering if you have access to people with money (or at least people with earning potential.)

Interview Questions

I am not interested in Sales.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Washington Mutual (Seattle, WA) in May 2011.

Interview

No interview. Contract to hire position through staffing agency. Took test for Office applications aptitude. Proved self during 3 month work period before being hired on as a direct hire.

Assistant Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Washington Mutual (Seattle, WA) in June 2010.

Interview

This was a very basic interview based upon experience and behavioral questions. Tell me about yourself, your experience relavant to the job, etc. Then, it progressed to questions like, tell me a time when you... or, what do you think of the statement, " the customer is always right.'

The recruiter attempted to 'befriend" me by offering personal information I believe in an attempt to catch me off guard. I maintained my professionalism and didn't allow her to lure me into this.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why you are interested in this position?   Answer Question
    • Describe a difficult situation in your previous position and what you did to resolve it?   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Washington Mutual (Miami, FL) in May 2010.

Interview

I applied for the job on monster. A day later I received a phone call for a phone interview. I was then offered a one to one interview the next day to answer the basic interview questions (ie; why should i hire you, tell me about a time..., etc...). I was brought back immediately the next day to take a personality test while they ran a backround check on me. Went through salary negotiations 4 days later and decided it was not for me.

Interview Questions

• Your not exactly what we are looking for. you seem to not be aggressive enough to stand out amongst our many employees.   1 Answer

I did not like the hours that made up the salary. while the bonuses and incentives did not seem to be any motivation.