Washington State University

Getting the Interview

28 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Washington State University.

Interview Details – Apply on December and got offer on April

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Teaching Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Washington State University.

Interview Details – simple and easy ...send application along with GRE scores etc. you will get offer based on your GPA, GRE and recommendation letters

Office Assistant Interview

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Washington State University.

Interview Details – I applied online and got an email to set up an interview a month later. I was interviewed by a panel. They took turns asking pretty standard questions from a list about my abilities related to the job, why I was different from other candidates etc. Despite reading questions from a list, they were very friendly. They emailed me the same day to say I was a finalist and that they were doing reference checks and a background check. I received an offer within a week.

Interview Question – In what areas do you need improvement?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation for this position

Pullman, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Washington State University in February 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted in February and offered a private contract.

Interview Question – Do think you can complete the two year program in one year?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Grants

Research Associate Interview

Research Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Washington State University in July 2010.

Interview Details – 2 interviews one on the phone and second a detailed interview from 2 PHD researchers

Interview Question – What is your expexted time to complete your individual training on the HPLC and Gas Chromatograph   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Very Easy Interview

Research Associate Interview

Research Associate
Pullman, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Washington State University in May 2013.

Interview Details – I doubt my experience will be helpful to anyone else as I got this position through faculty contacts and not through a typical application process. My interview was very informal because the faculty members were already familiar with my research. They mainly just wanted to know if I could do CGE modeling.

Interview Question – There were really no difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

Teaching Assistant
Pullman, WA

I applied online - interviewed at Washington State University in February 2012.

Interview Details – Submit the resume and they will ask for interview. Done interview and you go

Interview Question – It's pretty easy   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Graduate Research Assistant
Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Washington State University in April 2010.

Interview Details – I visited the university 1 year before I finished my MS degree and met my adviser then. I emailed him my interest of being a graduate student working with him. Later I had the interview when both of us went to a conference. The whole process was smooth.

Interview Question – Did you have a clear plan for the research project?   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant
Pullman, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Washington State University in December 2013.

Interview Details – Submitted resume with proper individuals in their respective departments. Was selected for an interview. Asked for 2-3 references. Contacted references and was offered position. In December a limited number of students are on assistantships... So the pool is limited...

Interview Question – What do you expect to gain out of this assistantship?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation. It's a simple letter.

Marketing Assistant Interview

Marketing Assistant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Washington State University.

Interview Details – The interview was a multi-staged process. First was a group interview followed by a 1:1 with the director if you were selected to move on. Follow up on an offer was quick.

Interview Question – Most of the questions related to how your previous experience would help you in the position and what your career goals were. Be prepared to bring a portfolio.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The wage was non-negotiable.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Washington State University

Worked for Washington State University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Washington State University interview questions and advice. All 28 interview reviews posted anonymously by Washington State University employees and interview candidates.