Washington State University

Average Difficulty
31 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Washington State University.

Interview Details – email to apply for job, phone interview, on site interview, mainly about technical questions,
ask about how long would plan to work here, the long term future goals, any ideas about what will be done

Interview Question – Most of questions are as expected   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Postdoctoral Research Associate
Wenatchee, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Washington State University in February 2014.

Interview Details – I worked at WSU before as a graduate student, and my postdoctoral research was somehow related to the work I have done before, so my interview was not very hard and the whole process was short.

Extension Director Interview

Extension Director

I applied online and the process took 9 months - interviewed at Washington State University in May 2013.

Interview Details – The application process is coordinated 100% online. Make sure your digital documentation is up to par and in PDF format for best results in submitting. Be prepared to wait. WSU is much like any higher ed institution hiring processes, which take a great deal of time. They are slow to hire but employment is stable and the benefits are great!

Interview Question – What are your plans your first day of work?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not much room for negotiation but some room for discussion.

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Graduate Teaching Assistant

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Washington State University.

Interview Details – Apply on December and got offer on April

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Teaching Assistant Interview

Teaching Assistant

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Washington State University.

Interview Details – simple and easy ...send application along with GRE scores etc. you will get offer based on your GPA, GRE and recommendation letters

Office Assistant Interview

Office Assistant

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Washington State University.

Interview Details – I applied online and got an email to set up an interview a month later. I was interviewed by a panel. They took turns asking pretty standard questions from a list about my abilities related to the job, why I was different from other candidates etc. Despite reading questions from a list, they were very friendly. They emailed me the same day to say I was a finalist and that they were doing reference checks and a background check. I received an offer within a week.

Interview Question – In what areas do you need improvement?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation for this position

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Graduate Research Assistant
Pullman, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Washington State University in February 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted in February and offered a private contract.

Interview Question – Do think you can complete the two year program in one year?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Grants

Research Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Washington State University in July 2010.

Interview Details – 2 interviews one on the phone and second a detailed interview from 2 PHD researchers

Interview Question – What is your expexted time to complete your individual training on the HPLC and Gas Chromatograph   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Teaching Assistant Interview

Teaching Assistant
Pullman, WA

I applied online - interviewed at Washington State University in February 2012.

Interview Details – Submit the resume and they will ask for interview. Done interview and you go

Interview Question – It's pretty easy   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Very Easy Interview

Pullman, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Washington State University in May 2013.

Interview Details – I doubt my experience will be helpful to anyone else as I got this position through faculty contacts and not through a typical application process. My interview was very informal because the faculty members were already familiar with my research. They mainly just wanted to know if I could do CGE modeling.

Interview Question – There were really no difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Worked for Washington State University? Contribute to the Community!