Washington State University

Updated Dec 1, 2014
Updated Dec 1, 2014

2.4

Research Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Washington State University.

email to apply for job, phone interview, on site interview, mainly about technical questions,
    ask about how long would plan to work here, the long term future goals, any ideas about what will be done

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Washington State University.

Apply on December and got offer on April

No negotiation

Teaching Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Washington State University.

simple and easy ...send application along with GRE scores etc. you will get offer based on your GPA, GRE and recommendation letters

Office Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Washington State University.

I applied online and got an email to set up an interview a month later. I was interviewed by a panel. They took turns asking pretty standard questions from a list about my abilities related to the job, why I was different from other candidates etc. Despite reading questions from a list, they were very friendly. They emailed me the same day to say I was a finalist and that they were doing reference checks and a background check. I received an offer within a week.

Interview Questions
    • In what areas do you need improvement?   View Answer
    No negotiation for this position

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wenatchee, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wenatchee, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Washington State University in February 2014.

I worked at WSU before as a graduate student, and my postdoctoral research was somehow related to the work I have done before, so my interview was not very hard and the whole process was short.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pullman, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Washington State University in December 2013.

Submitted resume with proper individuals in their respective departments. Was selected for an interview. Asked for 2-3 references. Contacted references and was offered position. In December a limited number of students are on assistantships... So the pool is limited...

Interview Questions
    No Negotiation. It's a simple letter.

Marketing Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Washington State University.

The interview was a multi-staged process. First was a group interview followed by a 1:1 with the director if you were selected to move on. Follow up on an offer was quick.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions related to how your previous experience would help you in the position and what your career goals were. Be prepared to bring a portfolio.   Answer Question
    The wage was non-negotiable.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Submitted resume online and got the phone interview. Got the offer after the phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • It is very competitive. You have to be productive and creative to survive.   Answer Question

Administrative Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pullman, WA

I applied online – interviewed at Washington State University in July 2013.

very simple questions were asked over the phone. Then there is a group interview followed by one on one interview. telephonic interview four people asked me 4 different question. one of them was how I will think out of the box. I asked them to provide me with a situation. Which they did.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pullman, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Washington State University in May 2013.

I doubt my experience will be helpful to anyone else as I got this position through faculty contacts and not through a typical application process. My interview was very informal because the faculty members were already familiar with my research. They mainly just wanted to know if I could do CGE modeling.

Interview Questions
    • There were really no difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question