Washington State University Interview Questions

Updated Jul 13, 2014
Updated Jul 13, 2014

2.4

Research Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Washington State University.

email to apply for job, phone interview, on site interview, mainly about technical questions,
    ask about how long would plan to work here, the long term future goals, any ideas about what will be done

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wenatchee, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wenatchee, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Washington State University in February 2014.

I worked at WSU before as a graduate student, and my postdoctoral research was somehow related to the work I have done before, so my interview was not very hard and the whole process was short.

Extension Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 9 months - interviewed at Washington State University in May 2013.

The application process is coordinated 100% online. Make sure your digital documentation is up to par and in PDF format for best results in submitting. Be prepared to wait. WSU is much like any higher ed institution hiring processes, which take a great deal of time. They are slow to hire but employment is stable and the benefits are great!

Interview Questions
    • What are your plans your first day of work?   View Answer
    Not much room for negotiation but some room for discussion.

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Washington State University.

Apply on December and got offer on April

No negotiation

Teaching Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Washington State University.

simple and easy ...send application along with GRE scores etc. you will get offer based on your GPA, GRE and recommendation letters

Office Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Washington State University.

I applied online and got an email to set up an interview a month later. I was interviewed by a panel. They took turns asking pretty standard questions from a list about my abilities related to the job, why I was different from other candidates etc. Despite reading questions from a list, they were very friendly. They emailed me the same day to say I was a finalist and that they were doing reference checks and a background check. I received an offer within a week.

Interview Questions
    • In what areas do you need improvement?   View Answer
    No negotiation for this position

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pullman, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Washington State University in February 2013.

I was contacted in February and offered a private contract.

Interview Questions
    • Do think you can complete the two year program in one year?   View Answer
    Grants

Research Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Washington State University in July 2010.

2 interviews one on the phone and second a detailed interview from 2 PHD researchers

Interview Questions
    • What is your expexted time to complete your individual training on the HPLC and Gas Chromatograph   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pullman, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Washington State University in May 2013.

I doubt my experience will be helpful to anyone else as I got this position through faculty contacts and not through a typical application process. My interview was very informal because the faculty members were already familiar with my research. They mainly just wanted to know if I could do CGE modeling.

Interview Questions
    • There were really no difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pullman, WA

I applied online - interviewed at Washington State University in February 2012.

Submit the resume and they will ask for interview. Done interview and you go

no negotiation

Worked for Washington State University? Contribute to the Community!