Washington State University Interview Questions

Updated Jun 9, 2015

2.3

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Washington State University (Spokane, WA).

Interview

Required about a year of nursing experience. They are almost always short on graduate TAs in their nursing program. Tuition waiver covers all in-state tuition for each semester employed. I expressed interest in the TA position to the director of undergraduate nursing and they were happy to take me on as a teaching assistant, virtually no questions asked beyond ensuring I had at least a year of nursing experience.

Interview Questions

• Must maintain full-time status to maintain TA status. There were no interview questions, I was hired solely because of my status as grad student and 2+ years of nursing experience. Because of the lax requirements for becoming a TA, many graduate teaching assistants were severely unfit for their teaching roles.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation for my TA position. 20 hours per week earned me a full tuition waiver plus minimal health and dental insurance.

Technical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pullman, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Washington State University (Pullman, WA) in September 2014.

Interview

Very easy hiring process. Consisted of only one interview on site with the team. They were not intimidating and made me feel comfortable throughout the whole process. It was a relatively short interview, which began with a brief summary of the position itself and then flowed into the candidates skill set and qualifications.

Interview Questions

• Very basic interview questions were asked. Such as your work experience, interests, how you handle certain workplace situations.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Washington State University.

Interview

email to apply for job, phone interview, on site interview, mainly about technical questions, ask about how long would plan to work here, the long term future goals, any ideas about what will be done

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Washington State University (Eugene, OR) in June 2014.

Interview

This position was at the discretion of program head and was based on portfolio and references as opposed to a selection committee. The program head reviewed my application package which included a letter of intent, CV, teaching philosophy, references and a portfolio of practice work as well as academic/research work.

Interview Questions

• What classes have you taught prior to coming to WSU.   1 Answer

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Washington State University.

Interview

Apply on December and got offer on April

Negotiation

No negotiation

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Washington State University.

Interview

simple and easy ...send application along with GRE scores etc. you will get offer based on your GPA, GRE and recommendation letters

Office Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Washington State University.

Interview

I applied online and got an email to set up an interview a month later. I was interviewed by a panel. They took turns asking pretty standard questions from a list about my abilities related to the job, why I was different from other candidates etc. Despite reading questions from a list, they were very friendly. They emailed me the same day to say I was a finalist and that they were doing reference checks and a background check. I received an offer within a week.

Interview Questions

• In what areas do you need improvement?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation for this position

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wenatchee, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Washington State University (Wenatchee, WA) in February 2014.

Interview

I worked at WSU before as a graduate student, and my postdoctoral research was somehow related to the work I have done before, so my interview was not very hard and the whole process was short.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pullman, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Washington State University (Pullman, WA) in December 2013.

Interview

Submitted resume with proper individuals in their respective departments. Was selected for an interview. Asked for 2-3 references. Contacted references and was offered position. In December a limited number of students are on assistantships... So the pool is limited...

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No Negotiation. It's a simple letter.

Marketing Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Washington State University.

Interview

The interview was a multi-staged process. First was a group interview followed by a 1:1 with the director if you were selected to move on. Follow up on an offer was quick.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions related to how your previous experience would help you in the position and what your career goals were. Be prepared to bring a portfolio.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The wage was non-negotiable.