Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission
www.wsscwater.com Laurel, MD 1000 to 5000 Employees

Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission Project Manager Interview Questions & Reviews

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission.

Interview Details – Other writers reflect my experience; hiring at WSSC is exceptionally slow, think MONTHS not days. And lots of silence. If you are interested in a job soon, skip WSSC.
Further, my sense is that WSSC may have been threatened with legal action at some point regarding their hiring as the process is EXCEPTIONALLY methodical, documented, observed, and detailed.
I was interviewed by four technical specialists with an HR observer in the room. They had a list of 15 technical questions in my engineering field, and wouldn't give any context beyond repeating the question. Each of the panelists wrote down impressions regarding my answers to every question. It wasn't a conversation, it was more like a test. Followed with five 'personality' questions, like "tell me about a time when you faced a tough challenge, etc." nothing out of bounds.

Interview Question – One question included an two-letter abbreviation that could have had multiple meanings and the interviewer couldn't clarify.   Answer Question

Project Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission.

Interview Details – Three interviews following 4 month initial application submission.

Several cancellations on part of employer due to last minute emergencies - not unusual for "government-sector" platform environment.

Company website is best-face marketing - as it should be - but not reflective of operations. Interview stakeholders, Read news articles, press and other reviews for balanced indicators.

Interview Question – What is the worse job experience and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Great.

Project Manager

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission in December 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring process is cumbersome, expensive for the applicant, and counterproductive for the company. The interviewers ask standard questions and are not forthcoming about engaging the applicant in dialog.

Interview Questions

• To write a WBS for a multimillion dollar project in 30 minutes.   View Answer
  • Facilitate a meeting with argumentative people in 20 minutes.   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission Project Manager interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission employees and interview candidates.