Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission

3.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission.

Other writers reflect my experience; hiring at WSSC is exceptionally slow, think MONTHS not days. And lots of silence. If you are interested in a job soon, skip WSSC.
Further, my sense is that WSSC may have been threatened with legal action at some point regarding their hiring as the process is EXCEPTIONALLY methodical, documented, observed, and detailed.
I was interviewed by four technical specialists with an HR observer in the room. They had a list of 15 technical questions in my engineering field, and wouldn't give any context beyond repeating the question. Each of the panelists wrote down impressions regarding my answers to every question. It wasn't a conversation, it was more like a test. Followed with five 'personality' questions, like "tell me about a time when you faced a tough challenge, etc." nothing out of bounds.

Interview Questions
  • One question included an two-letter abbreviation that could have had multiple meanings and the interviewer couldn't clarify.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission

Project Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission.

Three interviews following 4 month initial application submission.

Several cancellations on part of employer due to last minute emergencies - not unusual for "government-sector" platform environment.

Company website is best-face marketing - as it should be - but not reflective of operations. Interview stakeholders, Read news articles, press and other reviews for balanced indicators.

Interview Questions
    • What is the worse job experience and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question
    Great.

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission in December 2010.

The hiring process is cumbersome, expensive for the applicant, and counterproductive for the company. The interviewers ask standard questions and are not forthcoming about engaging the applicant in dialog.

Interview Questions
    • To write a WBS for a multimillion dollar project in 30 minutes.   View Answer
    • Facilitate a meeting with argumentative people in 20 minutes.   View Answer

Worked for Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission? Contribute to the Community!