Washington University in St. Louis Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015

2.6

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Washington University in St. Louis.

Interview

I applied for the job online through a work-study portal (as part of my financial aid package allowed for me to find a work study job) and after rating multiple departments as those I would like to work in, was contacted by my second choice. I had somewhat of an email interview and then an informal meet-and-greet once I arrived in St. Louis

Library Circulation Staff Interview

Interview

As the job does not require much skills, the interview was very conversational. They were mainly looking for people who would like to work hard and potentially work for a long period time. So if you are thinking about working at the library try to apply when you are freshman or sophomore.

Medical Secretary Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Washington University in St. Louis.

Interview

I applied many months prior to being called for an interview. I met with the Office Manager for the Department I applied with. She was very open to the hours to meeting me as I had another position. Once the interview was over and a few days went by, I received a phone call from her offering me the position. She was concerned about the starting pay as I had a sick child, but new that I was a right fit for her department.

TA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Washington University in St. Louis.

Interview

There was only an online form to fill out with a variety of questions mostly about why you want to be a TA and also a couple of situational questions.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Washington University in St. Louis.

Interview

Emailed and spoke to professors and discussed some projects that I worked on in the past. Explained who I was to the professor in terms of hobbies and interests. They gave me ideas of what their labs do and what I would do in their labs.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your past experiences in research? What do you do?   Answer Question

Chemical Engineering Student Interview

Application

Interview

We need to submit essays including all questions which WashU asks. WashU selects student based on GPA, SAT, TOEFL and personal statements. The process was really competitive. All admitted students are very intelligent and diligent. So, be prepared for WashU and your academic life at here.

Statistical Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Washington University in St. Louis (Saint Louis, MO) in November 2014.

Interview

I had a phone interview going over the basic information and my general qualifications. I then was asked to meet with the team each of which asked me questions regarding my work history, my expectations for the position, as well as, their expectations.

Interview Questions

• What statistical data analysis programs are you familiar with and how long have you used them professionally. Give examples of times you used each for projects and the tests you ran in them.   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Washington University in St. Louis (Saint Louis, MO) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview process was not rigorous. The most important aspect to landing a job is solid classroom performance as a student. Also, it is necessary to reach out to the professor teaching the course/section. They ultimately decide who to take as undergraduate teaching assistants and can make or break the decision based off of personal preference. It's a rather biased system, if you ask nicely and kiss up, you get in.

Office Assistant Interview

Application

Interview

I was emailed the job posting, and I emailed back my cover letter and resume. About two weeks later, I was asked to come in for a one-on-one interview. A few days after the interview, I was extended an offer.

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Washington University in St. Louis (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2014.

Interview

Emails communications first (a few) to know the short-term and long-term goals for your career. Understanding the differences from the research work before and what they need you to do, got to bring something on the table to convince them you have a motivation and skill set to accomplish new things. Skype calls discuss projects and coding technical questions. Webex conference to present for the entire group and questioned.

Interview Questions

• technical details, coding abilities, relative algorithms; career developments, etc.   Answer Question