Washington University in St. Louis Research Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Feb 9, 2015
Updated Feb 9, 2015

2.7

Research Assistant Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Washington University in St. Louis.

Emailed and spoke to professors and discussed some projects that I worked on in the past. Explained who I was to the professor in terms of hobbies and interests. They gave me ideas of what their labs do and what I would do in their labs.

Interview Questions
  • What are some of your past experiences in research? What do you do?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Washington University in St. Louis

Apply for PHD program

Research Assistant Interview

Phone interview, long interviews with multiple managers. Interviews lasted over an hour. The hiring process included meeting with human resources, a urine test and a hair sample was taken for drug testing. They cut out a significant chunk of hair and the employees who were involved in this process could not have possible been any ruder. In addition to the interviews, references were checked, all that were listed.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. I was told it wasn't an option.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Washington University in St. Louis in May 2013.

I just emailed the principal investigator. Some of the senior students also work in that agency. So they are pretty familiar with our student cohort. Got an email expressing interest to talk in-person. Mainly discussed the current research projects to see if I am interested in working on them. After a week, I followed up and got the job.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

The process took a dayinterviewed at Washington University in St. Louis in March 2010.

I applied for and interviewed for several jobs at Wash U and overall they suck at getting back to you. People rarely give contact information and if you ask for a way to get in touch with them they refuse. If you are lucky enough to get the info for a follow up, they sometimes just don't answer you back. I have gone on interviews with them where the interviewer has been down right mean, talking about how apparently incompetent I am. What I don't understand is if they don't think I'm a good fit why even call me for an interview? I think they have a quota of people they have to interview before they can hire someone.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in five years?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Washington University in St. Louis in February 2009.

Different people have different interview process. Some professors do face-to-face interview. Others just do phone interview.

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiable conditions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Washington University in St. Louis in February 2008.

Questions about research. Need to prepare a PPT summarizing your research and before phone interview. Briefly introduce your research and some questions about your skills. There were some questions about your off-work life and hobbies, and some introduction about the university. Generally, it's very positive.

Research Assistant Interview

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Washington University in St. Louis in April 2011.

I was asked technique skills and working hour. It looks like they were looking for someone had more experience in micro-injection at that time.

Research Assistant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Washington University in St. Louis in October 2009.

presented my credentials and my interest in the project i was going to do. then i was told about the things i had to do.
    should not be difficult with th right interest and background
    good experience

non-negotiable

Research Assistant Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Washington University in St. Louis in May 2009.

The overall process was quite smooth. They basically just want to make sure you have the knowledge they needed. Asked about course background and previous experiences. Also asked some research specific questions.