Washoe County Schools Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2015

Interviews for Top Jobs at Washoe County Schools

Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Washoe County Schools (Reno, NV) in August 2014.

Interview

Super easy. They're normally a panel interview and the questions are normally given to you before. Sometime a task will be given to you if they want you to prove the skills that you have as far as software. I have done a phone interview as well before and that was pretty straight forward. They're not biased at all which is great.

Elementary School Teacher Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Washoe County Schools.

Interview

The interview process was tedious and time consuming. After leaving my previously tenured position in CA, I had to go through the same process as brand new teachers with no experience- an initial group interview, which was filmed, where we were asked to present a 2 minute lesson plan to our competitors. Bizarre. The board posed hypothetical scenarios for us to debate and in the end, we received very little feedback other than, "we'll be in contact if we like you, otherwise you can come back and try again in 2 years." I thankfully received the stamp of approval, but was then faced with the daunting reality of minimal jobs being available for "new" teachers (never mind the years of experience and a master's degree I worked so hard to get). Those jobs were reserved for WCSD inner-district transfers only.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to fill in as a sub until this position becomes available? (This means be paid as a sub for x amount of time.) Ouch.   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Washoe County Schools in May 2009.

Interview

Principal contacted me for an interview, and I interviewed the next day in front of a panel of teachers and the principal. They called that afternoon to offer me the position.

Interview Questions

• How do differentiate instruction for ell students and regular Ed students?   Answer Question