Washoe County Schools

2 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Elementary School Teacher Interview

Elementary School Teacher

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Washoe County Schools.

Interview Details – The interview process was tedious and time consuming. After leaving my previously tenured position in CA, I had to go through the same process as brand new teachers with no experience- an initial group interview, which was filmed, where we were asked to present a 2 minute lesson plan to our competitors. Bizarre. The board posed hypothetical scenarios for us to debate and in the end, we received very little feedback other than, "we'll be in contact if we like you, otherwise you can come back and try again in 2 years." I thankfully received the stamp of approval, but was then faced with the daunting reality of minimal jobs being available for "new" teachers (never mind the years of experience and a master's degree I worked so hard to get). Those jobs were reserved for WCSD inner-district transfers only.

Interview Question – Would you be willing to fill in as a sub until this position becomes available? (This means be paid as a sub for x amount of time.) Ouch.   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Teacher

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Washoe County Schools in May 2009.

Interview Details – Principal contacted me for an interview, and I interviewed the next day in front of a panel of teachers and the principal. They called that afternoon to offer me the position.

Interview Question – How do differentiate instruction for ell students and regular Ed students?   Answer Question

Worked for Washoe County Schools? Contribute to the Community!