Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Washoe County SchoolsMore
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Washoe County Schools (Reno, NV) in August 2014.
Super easy. They're normally a panel interview and the questions are normally given to you before. Sometime a task will be given to you if they want you to prove the skills that you have as far as software. I have done a phone interview as well before and that was pretty straight forward. They're not biased at all which is great.
- Experience with software. Answer Question
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Washoe County Schools.
The interview process was tedious and time consuming. After leaving my previously tenured position in CA, I had to go through the same process as brand new teachers with no experience- an initial group interview, which was filmed, where we were asked to present a 2 minute lesson plan to our competitors. Bizarre. The board posed hypothetical scenarios for us to debate and in the end, we received very little feedback other than, "we'll be in contact if we like you, otherwise you can come back and try again in 2 years." I thankfully received the stamp of approval, but was then faced with the daunting reality of minimal jobs being available for "new" teachers (never mind the years of experience and a master's degree I worked so hard to get). Those jobs were reserved for WCSD inner-district transfers only.
- Would you be willing to fill in as a sub until this position becomes available? (This means be paid as a sub for x amount of time.) Ouch. Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Washoe County Schools in May 2009.
Principal contacted me for an interview, and I interviewed the next day in front of a panel of teachers and the principal. They called that afternoon to offer me the position.
- How do differentiate instruction for ell students and regular Ed students? Answer Question