Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Waste Management
- Customer Service Representative (13)
- Route Manager (11)
- Account Manager (7)
- Sales Representative (6)
- Operations Specialist (5)
- Dispatcher (5)
- Territory Manager (3)
- Outside Sales Representative (3)
- Intern (3)
- Residential Driver (3)
- Inside Commercial Representative (3)
- Inside Sales Representative (2)
- Garbage Truck Driver (2)
- Sales (2)
- Inside Account Manager (2)
- Manager (2)
- Business Analyst (2)
- Driver (2)
- Customer Service Supervisor (2)
- District Manager (2)
- Electronics Recycling (1)
- Payroll Tax Specialist (1)
- Data Analyst (1)
- Office Manager (1)
- Operations Manager (1)
- Project Manager (1)
- Senior Dispatcher (1)
- Deployment Manager (1)
- Director (1)
- Diesel Mechanic (1)
Account Manager Interview
I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Waste Management (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2014.
Interviewed with 3-person panel of Management level employees. Each panel member asked questions regarding resume, challenges, wins and defeats. First, detail the stages of the resume. Discuss challenges at each stage and how solutions were offered to the customers. Discussed metrics used to measure performance in the Sales Department. I needed to describe how my skills fit the role that was available.
- Describe an obstacle provided by a customer, and the solution that was offered. 1 Answer
Other Interview Reviews for Waste Management
Account Manager InterviewDeclined OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2013.
Everything is handled through the HR department. They contacted me first via phone which was a "tell me about a time you had a difficult time converting an upset customer" type session. I was offered an in-person interiew at the end of the call. The in-person interiew was odd because the two people whom I was supposed to interview with were both out and I ended up speaking with the General Manager for about an hour. He explained the position and asked some more stock questions, looking for complex answers with detail regarding my ability to handle various situations. He was very candid about what the position entailed, which I appreciated. Afterwards I was told I would be contacted by HR to let me know the status of my application. HR contacted me 3 weeks in a row, every Wednesday, to let me know I was still being considered. On the third week they told me they went with another candidate. Two weeks later they contacted me again and said they had another position which they would like to offer me, but I had already accepted an offer elsewhere. Very professional process.
- All the questions were the typical "Tell me about a time you helped a client resolve a difficult issue and how you came to the resolution." Answer Question
Reasons for Declining
Already accepted position with another company. Hiring process takes a very long time, at least a month.
Account Manager InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Waste Management in November 2011.
First step is a phone interview with company recruiter, second step was interview with area sales manager and final interview was with sales manager.
- Tell me about yourself. Answer Question
I did not negotiate.
Account Manager InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management in April 2011.
Long, drawn out process. Two telephone interviews before in person interview. Local manager was very nice, helpful, encouraging. I was selected and referred to non-local recruiter for hiring package, recruiter called and said they'd like to hire me, 2 weeks later they called and retracted the offer to hire. Six week process start to disappointing finish.
- Why would you take a job that is at a lower level and salary than the one you had previously? 1 Answer
Account Manager InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management in December 2010.
The interview process was rather extensive. It consisted of filling out a personality test online, a phone interview with a recruiter, a one on one interview with the Regional Sales Manager, and then a final phone interview with the Head of sales for the Southeast. Overall it was very professional and organized and the people seemed great.
- There were a good amount of situational questions like: What would you say to a customer who said your prices were too high? Tell me about a time you were dealing with a discouraged customer and how did you solve their problems? Tell me about a time when a meeting with a client didn't go as planned, what happened and how did you react? Answer Question
Account Manager InterviewDeclined OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management in January 2009.
Several phone interviews, discussion of sales position and client base
- What experiences in service deliveries were the most challenging for you Answer Question
Reasons for Declining
Salary was not competitive
Account Manager InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management in October 2008.
I was given a phone interview with a person from HR that lasted about 30 minutes. I was contacted 2 days later and set up an interview with a panel of 4 employees from various positions. The first interview lasted 45min-1hr. I was contacted 4 days later to go back for a second interview which lasted about the same amount of time. The second interview was only the direct manager and a HR rep. About a week later I was sent an email letting me know I had not received the position.
- Tell me about a time you had to made a difficult decision when dealing with a customer. What was the situation, and how the result. Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review