Waste Management Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2015

2.5

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Waste Management.

Interview

Apply online , phone interview , in person interview , tour of call center , listen to calls , talk to other CSR's, then job offer . Thank thank thank thank thank thank thank thank you.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Waste Management

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Waste Management (Detroit, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

It was a bunch of hypthical questions from my previous employers. What would I do if this happened or that happened? It was very easy laid back process. It took about 15 mins to fully complete.

Interview Questions

• how do you deal with a irate customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Waste Management (Pasadena, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online 11-4 received call from HR around two days after, went over my resume over the phone . I was informed to resend my resume because when applied I copied and paste my my iPad . Never recieved email , called HR back (ruby) and again went over the same resume sent before ,she clearly didn't remember who and what I applied for ! She then instructed me I will be scheduled for an interview but then I recieved an email hours later with a thanks but no thanks. I didn't see the purpose of our going back and fourth but whatever :)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself . Go over every line in your resume!   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Waste Management (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Apply online, you're called for an interview...typically two interviews, unless its an hourly position then most likely you will only have one.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Waste Management (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2014.

Interview

Two people conducted interview, didn't seem like either one wanted to be there (constantly checked phones, etc.) Interview style was action/reaction/outcome style. Nothing to difficult, however must think on the fly.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview

Applied online, passed initial online skill test, receiving a call to interview within 2 weeks. While waiting to be walked into the building, an employee appeared to be walking off the job while a male manager was following her trying to prevent her from leaving. Interviewed with a recruiter and a hiring manager; both who had not seen my resume. Spent 1/2 hour going over my resume LINE BY LINE, answering SEVERAL behavior questions, only to be told by the recruiter she couldn't answer my questions about the job and that a hiring manager would be the best person to speak to. Waited approx. 10 minutes for hiring manager to arrive, only to be asked MORE questions. I present my questions, received my answers and was told I would hear something by Friday. Received a thank you but no thank response by email.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to use a different method to accomplish a task.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Waste Management in May 2013.

Interview

I applied online, received an email stating they weren't interested almost instantly. Then about a week later, I get a phone call about the position I had applied for. I have a pre-screen phone interview then. After that call, I receive instructions to take an online assessment (which by the way was a great tool for them to use). A few days later, I had a phone interview. At the end of the call, I was told that it would be up to the hiring manager to call and schedule a face to face interview. I didn't receive that call but did get the "we are pursuing other candidates at this time" email. No hard feelings. The HR staff was courteous and respectful during this process.

Interview Questions

• They like very detailed answers and examples to the questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Waste Management (Vancouver, WA) in June 2012.

Interview

From the time of application and response for an interview was rapid and I was grateful to get any response. The interviews were divided up into alpha sections at designated time slots. The interview was pleasant and direct. Afterwards I felt the interviewer really liked her job and show a great deal of pride in the company. It was refreshing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what attracted you to work for Waste Connections.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a difficult situation you had to deal with at a previous job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Waste Management (Nashville, TN) in June 2011.

Interview

I applied online, received a phone call from a HR rep who conducted a brief phone interview (behavioral style interview questions, eg "tell me a time when you've had a problem with a co-woker" "tell me about a time when you had to go above and beyond..."), I passed the phone interview and they set up a 1:1 interview, the lady was super-nice and really made me feel at ease with the style of interview, which can be challenging. It was another behavioral-style interview, and, as the phone interviewer told me, they really, really want very specific examples of what you did, said, and how exactly you acted in given situations.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you made a mistake at work, what was the situation, how did you handle it, what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The salary offered was excellent, and I didn't feel the need to negotiate. Also the benefits offered are absolutely outstanding.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Harbor, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Waste Management (Oak Harbor, WA) in April 2011.

Interview

I applied online and about two weeks later received a telephone call from a recruiter who wanted to talk to me! I promptly called her back and she gave me a quick overview of the position followed by a phone interview. After she was done she told me I'd passed the first stage and scheduled me for a sit down interview three days later. I just got back from my sit down offer! I was offered the job right after the interview! I got there, had to fill out a paper application, then was taken upstairs and interviewed in a 1:1 setting in a nice, quiet office. They ask you to briefly describe your work history, then they begin asking the questions. My interviewer described the interview as "story time" as the questions are mostly situational and ask how you acted in certain situations. It was an overall great experience! Do your homework on the company, dress professionally and believe in yourself!

Interview Questions

• Describe the most difficult customer situation you've ever encountered.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you made the wrong decision about something and what the consequences were.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when something in your life disrupted your work. How do you go about handling the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't need to negotiate -- what they offered was awesome!