Waste Management Interview Questions

Updated Aug 23, 2015

2.7

Roll Off Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Waste Management (Houston, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

I was given the wrong address for the interview. I was given 10701 Todd, but the actual place for the interview was 2-3 blocks down the street. Interviewers were 20 minutes late. On the phone interview I was told the typical day is 8-10 hours/ Mon-Fri, however on the face to face interview they said the typical day was 12 hours and working Saturdays was common. Extensive use of technology to track the truck and driver, but no AC in many trucks??? Houston summers are brutal. Doesn't sound like employees are too important at WM.

Interview Questions

• Give examples of when you were in a safety sensitive situation and what did you do? What do you know about Waste Management?   Answer Question

Laborer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call from a recruiter. She asked what experience do I have related to the position I was applying for, and then was offered a interview with the boss of the transfer station that was opening up. I got to the interview and the manager was standing in the door way awaiting for my arrival, I was explained the position, duties, pay, benefits and a little history on the company and told if I were to be offered the position of receive a phone call with an offer. About two days after my interview I received a call from the recruiter again and asked if I had intervied with said manager two days prior and I responded yes and she proceeded to tell me that I'm being offered the position which I then accepted and was given a link in my email to formally accept the offer schedule a drug test and fill out 33 online forms for employment. They do verify everything from education to job history and criminal record in your background check so don't lie or you'll lose the offer. Was told during interview you will go to a drug test then upon results you will be called to set up a physical and at that physical you will be given a second drug test.

Negotiation

The pay was pre determined no room to move

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview

Apply online , phone interview , in person interview , tour of call center , listen to calls , talk to other CSR's, then job offer . Thank thank thank thank thank thank thank thank you.

Residential Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Orlando, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

the hiring process took about a week and a half. it was a phone interview and then a one on one interview the following week. I had excellent credentials. i don't know if they didn't offer me the job because i just moved down from NY.

Release Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Windsor, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Windsor, CT) in July 2015.

Interview

Usual questions - why do you want this job, etc. Everyone I interviewed with was from India and I definitely felt like they didn't want to waste much time interviewing a non-Indian. One of the scheduled interviewers didn't even bother to show up - I was told he was to busy. Unless you are from India don't waste your time.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management in June 2015.

Interview

First telephone interview went fery well. Second interview was carried by what appeared to be outside hiring manager. The interview appeared to find about what you do not know. The interviewer was not friendly and interview was about 20 minutes. No updates and later after inquiries 2 weeks after last interview that my technical skills were not what they were looking for. The manager manages another team offshore and linkedin status shows he contracts for the company. Their technology is way behind and would be quite exciting getting involved in bringing them to current which partly tye reason tyey are hiring. I think their interview process is the problem. What they need to is hire an R&D VP who would put in place mechanisms to put together the right teams.

Major Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lombard, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waste Management (Lombard, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

It was horrible. The recruiter had it in his mind that I was not a good fit from the start no matter how much I explained my experience would equate to the role. I really wish I would have been allowed to speak to someone else or interview in person.

Interview Questions

• If I had sales experience.   1 Answer

Route Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Waste Management (San Diego, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I approached the interview very unprepared. I thought it was going to be an explanatory thing from the recruiter and didn't realize it was an interview. I was referred to the recruiter by an employment agency who just said to call this person. I wasn't very interested in the position and misunderstood the employment agencies recommendation.

Interview Questions

• If I had researched the company and position   1 Answer

Route Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Waste Management (Albany, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I was contacted within two hours of posting my resume online. I completed a telephone screening a few days later and then a formal interview the following week. The interview was conducted by five people: my would-be direct supervisor, one HR person, and three current Route Managers. We had a very thorough conversation about the company and what would be expected of me as well as my personal work history. I felt really good about it when I left but ultimately did not get a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when communication was paramount to successfully reaching a goal.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Indianapolis Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Waste Management (Indianapolis, IN) in April 2015.

Interview

submitted application on line. I was called in for interview the interviewer wasn't quite together yet, they were out of print paper we had to wait. the interviewer was running late.They didn't give good directions to find the place either.

Interview Questions

• How efficient I was on micro-word.   1 Answer