Waste Management

Very Easy Interview

Garbage Truck Driver Interview

Garbage Truck Driver
Colorado Springs, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Waste Management in July 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online took 1 month to hear back from them I got a call from a recruiter and had a phone interview I feel I did great with the phone interview told me about the benefits of this job and how demanding it is. I than was given a interview dare had to wait 2 weeks for the interview the gentleman I spoke to told me I would start out at 16 a hr based on my experience and than told me he would call me on Monday July 7 to see if I have the job I hope I do have this job I Like the environment and would love to start with this company

Interview Question – Please explain a time when you helped out another employee and what did you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was told based on my experience I will start out at 16 a hr

Digital Care Representative Interview

Digital Care Representative
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online - interviewed at Waste Management in January 2013.

Interview Details – I applied various times before being offered an opportunity to do the assessment tests. 30 to 45 minute Phone interview and then was called in for face to face interview.

Interview Question – They were just the basic questions about tell us one time where you provided excellent customer service, tell us one time where you had a challenging customer to deal with and how did you deal with them.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, it was a fair offer

IT Analyst III Interview

IT Analyst III

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Waste Management in December 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring process was formal and smooth. Discussion was very typical where as the question were typical of a normal hiring interview. Interviewers was very pleasant. Interviewed with multiple people within a few days.

Interview Question – What am I looking for in a company?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Residential Driver Interview

Residential Driver

I applied online and interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview Details – They used a 3rd party to do all the interviewing. I thought this was very inefficient and awkward. It also took a lot of time to get hired. 3 months!

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

Customer Service Supervisor
Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Waste Management in June 2013.

Interview Details – The job opening was posted on the company web-site and both internal and external applicants were welcomed to apply. There was a phone interview with the company recruiter and then a second and final interview with the customer service manager. The interview questions used the star approach and I was asked to build on past experiences to answer the questions.

Interview Question – Describe a decision you made that was a failure. What happened and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered the position and told the salary. I came back with a counter-offer that was 20% higher. The hiring manager offered a starting amount 10% higher than his first offer and I accepted the position.

Very Difficult Interview

Route Manager Interview

Route Manager
Charlotte, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Waste Management in May 2010.

Interview Details – I was recruited by head hunter. Interviewed by GM and Market Area Rep .for 6 hours. Sometime one at a time, sometimes they tag-teamed against me. The intent was to see how I reacted under stress.

Interview Question – The difficulty lies in the fact that the interview went on so long and was stressfull. They were looking to see if I could handle the stress and being overwhelmed by their demands   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes I was able to negotiate and we agreed on my wages and benefits.. Then at the last minute, they changed everything knowing I had already put in my notice.

Pricing Internship Interview

Pricing Internship

Interviewed at Waste Management

Interview Details – Found them on my University Career Site. They were prompt with the first two interviews but after that didn't communicate back for a while. Interviews were more conversations and seemed easy. Just went through the resume.

Interview Question – No difficult questions just simple behavioral stuff.   Answer Question

Operations Specialist Interview

Operations Specialist

I applied online - interviewed at Waste Management in August 2011.

Interview Details – was called in to meet with site and district managers. Left not knowing the result. Then received a phone call from a Corporate HR person and offered the job.

Interview Question – Almost every question was "give an example of how you have handled different situations in the past"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The interviewer told me the job paid $12 hr. I wanted into the company and agreed to the pay. When I was called by an actual HR person I was offered $15 hr. I was happy with that.

Accounting Interview

Accounting
Houston, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview Details – I was already an employee, which i think actually helped. The interview process was pretty simple and laid back. It probably lasted about 30 minutes. We mostly just did lots of talking in the interview. She did ask me questions regarding my background which actually helped. I had a 2nd interview and got the job.

Interview Question – There weren't any difficult questions. All pretty simple   Answer Question

Lead Closing Inside Sales Representative Interview

Lead Closing Inside Sales Representative
Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Waste Management in October 2013.

Interview Details – Disorganized cluster, hurry up and wait, will be forced to talk with multiple people.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in five years.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They do not bargain. They are very cheap. Took two weeks to get a call back.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Waste Management

Worked for Waste Management? Contribute to the Community!

Waste Management Videos

Waste Management – Why Work for Us?

Waste Management, Inc. is North America's leading provider of integrated environmental solutions. Are you interested in a career with the industry leader? Click here. Waste Management is the leading provider of… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Waste Management interview questions and advice. All 115 interview reviews posted anonymously by Waste Management employees and interview candidates.