Waste Management Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2015
Updated Mar 21, 2015

2.7

Talent Acquisition Recruiter Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Waste Management.

I have phone interviewed with Waste Management for a Recruiter role twice. The first time, in 2013, the interviewer was extremely rude and cut me off multiple times; I decided not to move forward. In 2015, I decided to apply again, and a different interviewer was also extremely rude and caused me to not move forward with the process. I will not apply again - the culture of the Talent Acquisition department at HQ appears to be very toxic, with Recruiters being condescending on the phone and cutting you off in order to churn through questions.

Interview Questions
    • How many requisitions have you handled at one time?   View Answer

Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Waste Management.

Recruited by third-party headhunter for the position. After phone screen, then participated in a panel interview with three managers, including direct supervisor, senior engineering management, and regional operational management. Subsequent to panel interview, participated in a telephone interview with Human Resources representative, and eventually received an offer for the position.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time you had a negative experience with a client/customer, and what you did to handle the situation.   Answer Question

Diesel Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Waste Management in March 2015.

I submitted my resume and filled out Waste Management's online forms. That same afternoon, I was contacted by a recruiter, answered a few questions, and was given an interview date. The interview was pleasant, informative, and professional. The interviewer seemed impressed with my resume and experience. I was informed that I would hear from them in 2 weeks if there was an offer for me. I will post with an update when I hear back from WM or in 3 weeks. Whichever comes first.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked if I was familiar with hydraulic and electrical systems.   View Answer

Senior Real Estate Paralegal Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Waste Management.

After applying online, I was contacted by human resources via email to schedule an interview. My first interview was with the real estate VP and director. The second interview was with a project manager and paralegal.

Front End Load Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Waste Management in February 2015.

Manager was a friend of a friend so I already had an interview set up before I applied so the whole process was kind of backwards. In person interview with route manager and district manager 4 days after I initially applied, about three hours after I had a phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you saw someone act unsafe on the job and what did you do when you saw it?   Answer Question

Senior Dispatcher Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Waste Management.

was pleasant and was done by a supervisor and human resource department. each had there questions that they would ask you. and a complete list of scenarios that you were asked. and had to answer.

Interview Questions
    • why should we hire you   Answer Question

Mechanic Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Waste Management in January 2015.

Went in for an interview and the manager for that terminal never even showed. I left my number and resume. No call, just an email saying they were looking at other applicants.

Interview Questions
    • No questions, just an email saying they were not interested in me.   Answer Question

Assistant Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Waste Management in January 2015.

I applied online and got a receipt of application e-mail immediately. I received a phone call to ask if I was still interested and if I had time for a brief phone interview. They proceeded to ask about my preventative maintenance background with regards to diesel, electrical, & air brakes systems. I only have six months experience, they said I needed one year experience despite the no experience or education requirements listed on their site, which promptly ended the interview.

Team Lead Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Waste Management.

1 on 1 interview. A bunch of tell me about a time questions. I was already an employee so I knew what to look forward to in the interview process. Hope this helps

Residential Recycling Route Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Waste Management.

I submitted my resume online and received a phone call. Through that phone call an in-person interview was scheduled. The interview was with 2 district managers. They were very friendly and personable. They had an interview process that they followed that included pretty standard questions like "tell me about a time you had to complete a project with little to no guidance." The interview lasted about an hour. I was called 2 weeks later to inform me that I was not chosen for the job, but was "a very close second"

Interview Questions
    • None were overly difficult. Just come with several general experiences that you could use for some pretty easy STAR behavioral questions.   Answer Question