Waste Management Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015

2.8

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Waste Management.

Interview

Apply online , phone interview , in person interview , tour of call center , listen to calls , talk to other CSR's, then job offer . Thank thank thank thank thank thank thank thank you.

Major Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lombard, IL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Waste Management (Lombard, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

It was horrible. The recruiter had it in his mind that I was not a good fit from the start no matter how much I explained my experience would equate to the role. I really wish I would have been allowed to speak to someone else or interview in person.

Interview Questions

• If I had sales experience.   1 Answer

Route Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Waste Management (San Diego, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I approached the interview very unprepared. I thought it was going to be an explanatory thing from the recruiter and didn't realize it was an interview. I was referred to the recruiter by an employment agency who just said to call this person. I wasn't very interested in the position and misunderstood the employment agencies recommendation.

Interview Questions

• If I had researched the company and position   1 Answer

Route Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Waste Management (Albany, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I was contacted within two hours of posting my resume online. I completed a telephone screening a few days later and then a formal interview the following week. The interview was conducted by five people: my would-be direct supervisor, one HR person, and three current Route Managers. We had a very thorough conversation about the company and what would be expected of me as well as my personal work history. I felt really good about it when I left but ultimately did not get a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when communication was paramount to successfully reaching a goal.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Indianapolis Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Waste Management (Indianapolis, IN) in April 2015.

Interview

submitted application on line. I was called in for interview the interviewer wasn't quite together yet, they were out of print paper we had to wait. the interviewer was running late.They didn't give good directions to find the place either.

Interview Questions

• How efficient I was on micro-word.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview

I have phone interviewed with Waste Management for a Recruiter role twice. The first time, in 2013, the interviewer was extremely rude and cut me off multiple times; I decided not to move forward. In 2015, I decided to apply again, and a different interviewer was also extremely rude and caused me to not move forward with the process. I will not apply again - the culture of the Talent Acquisition department at HQ appears to be very toxic, with Recruiters being condescending on the phone and cutting you off in order to churn through questions.

Interview Questions

• How many requisitions have you handled at one time?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Waste Management.

Interview

Recruited by third-party headhunter for the position. After phone screen, then participated in a panel interview with three managers, including direct supervisor, senior engineering management, and regional operational management. Subsequent to panel interview, participated in a telephone interview with Human Resources representative, and eventually received an offer for the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had a negative experience with a client/customer, and what you did to handle the situation.   Answer Question

Diesel Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Waste Management (Framingham, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume and filled out Waste Management's online forms. That same afternoon, I was contacted by a recruiter, answered a few questions, and was given an interview date. The interview was pleasant, informative, and professional. The interviewer seemed impressed with my resume and experience. I was informed that I would hear from them in 2 weeks if there was an offer for me. I will post with an update when I hear back from WM or in 3 weeks. Whichever comes first.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I was familiar with hydraulic and electrical systems.   1 Answer

Pricing Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lombard, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Waste Management (Lombard, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone Screen by HR, followed by phone interview with hiring manager, followed by panel interview with hiring manager, hr, and 2 analysts, followed by interview with division controller and Houston corporate pricing manager. Then informal lunch with hiring manager.

Interview Questions

I gave the hiring manager a range that I was expecting and he came in way underneath what I told him I would accept. I couldn't work with someone who couldn't keep their word when it came time to talk turkey.

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Waste Management.

Interview

After applying online, I was contacted by human resources via email to schedule an interview. My first interview was with the real estate VP and director. The second interview was with a project manager and paralegal.