Waste Management

Relevance Date Difficulty

Dispatcher Interview

Dispatcher
Franklin, TN

I applied online - interviewed at Waste Management in July 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a call back for an interview. When I arrived there was no one at the reception desk and I had to wait until someone walked by to notify the interviewer I was on site. I waited about 30 mins or so after that to be brought back. I felt the actual interview went well, I was asked questions about my work background and skills/education and was told they would get back to me and let me know either way. After one week I saw that the position had been reposted online, which is understandable if they did not find the right person for the job yet, it just would have been nice to have had some kind of response back from them that I did not get the position. I would have accepted a generic email, it was very frustrating.

Interview Question – Describe a time a customer made an unreasonable request.   Answer Question

Route Manager Interview

Route Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview Details – Applied online. phone interview followed by in person interview several days later. background check and drug screen with contingent over depending on results. Poor communication between steps but quick follow-up once process was completed.

Negotiation Details – Very little to negotiate

Maintanace Interview

Maintanace
Oklahoma City, OK

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Waste Management in December 2012.

Interview Details – Expected to know all electrical mechanical and hydraulic systems. Be ready to answer questions about background check and knowledge. Be ready to be put in the spot light about your experience and of course you will skip all the above steps if you have a friend in management.

Interview Question – could you do the impossible in 5 minutes?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Memphis, TN

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Waste Management in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online three times and I was able to get two interviews about six months apart, but never got any response after my interviews. In both interviews I was interviewed by one person. I don't know what to do to get past the interview. I have 17 years of experience as a swing driver at different garbage truck companies and able to drive and do the work.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected questions   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Garbage Truck Driver Interview

Garbage Truck Driver
Colorado Springs, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Waste Management in July 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online took 1 month to hear back from them I got a call from a recruiter and had a phone interview I feel I did great with the phone interview told me about the benefits of this job and how demanding it is. I than was given a interview dare had to wait 2 weeks for the interview the gentleman I spoke to told me I would start out at 16 a hr based on my experience and than told me he would call me on Monday July 7 to see if I have the job I hope I do have this job I Like the environment and would love to start with this company

Interview Question – Please explain a time when you helped out another employee and what did you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was told based on my experience I will start out at 16 a hr

Waste Management Response

Jul 14, 2014Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your interest in joining the team! You can call 877.220.5627 to check the status of your application.

Digital Care Representative Interview

Digital Care Representative
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online - interviewed at Waste Management in January 2013.

Interview Details – I applied various times before being offered an opportunity to do the assessment tests. 30 to 45 minute Phone interview and then was called in for face to face interview.

Interview Question – They were just the basic questions about tell us one time where you provided excellent customer service, tell us one time where you had a challenging customer to deal with and how did you deal with them.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, it was a fair offer

IT Analyst III Interview

IT Analyst III

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Waste Management in December 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring process was formal and smooth. Discussion was very typical where as the question were typical of a normal hiring interview. Interviewers was very pleasant. Interviewed with multiple people within a few days.

Interview Question – What am I looking for in a company?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Route Manager Interview

Route Manager
Charlotte, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Waste Management in May 2010.

Interview Details – I was recruited by head hunter. Interviewed by GM and Market Area Rep .for 6 hours. Sometime one at a time, sometimes they tag-teamed against me. The intent was to see how I reacted under stress.

Interview Question – The difficulty lies in the fact that the interview went on so long and was stressfull. They were looking to see if I could handle the stress and being overwhelmed by their demands   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes I was able to negotiate and we agreed on my wages and benefits.. Then at the last minute, they changed everything knowing I had already put in my notice.

Residential Driver Interview

Residential Driver

I applied online and interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview Details – They used a 3rd party to do all the interviewing. I thought this was very inefficient and awkward. It also took a lot of time to get hired. 3 months!

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

Customer Service Supervisor
Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Waste Management in June 2013.

Interview Details – The job opening was posted on the company web-site and both internal and external applicants were welcomed to apply. There was a phone interview with the company recruiter and then a second and final interview with the customer service manager. The interview questions used the star approach and I was asked to build on past experiences to answer the questions.

Interview Question – Describe a decision you made that was a failure. What happened and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered the position and told the salary. I came back with a counter-offer that was 20% higher. The hiring manager offered a starting amount 10% higher than his first offer and I accepted the position.

Worked for Waste Management? Contribute to the Community!