Waste Management

Updated Sep 11, 2014
Updated Sep 11, 2014

2.7

Pricing Internship Interview

Found them on my University Career Site. They were prompt with the first two interviews but after that didn't communicate back for a while. Interviews were more conversations and seemed easy. Just went through the resume.

Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ewing, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ewing, NJ

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Waste Management in July 2012.

Contacted by telephone by HR department, Went on two interviews. An initial interview with a representive in the field for the company. Then a second interview with the actual manager that I would have worked under if hired. I was told that I would recieve an answer either way if I got the job within two weeks. I never heard anything from them. After ttwo months I contacted HR several times and the second interviewer. I never recieved an email, phone call, letter,nothing. Then finally HR called and said "they went another way" I don't know why you didn't get it."

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Waste Management.

Applied online, passed initial online skill test, receiving a call to interview within 2 weeks. While waiting to be walked into the building, an employee appeared to be walking off the job while a male manager was following her trying to prevent her from leaving. Interviewed with a recruiter and a hiring manager; both who had not seen my resume. Spent 1/2 hour going over my resume LINE BY LINE, answering SEVERAL behavior questions, only to be told by the recruiter she couldn't answer my questions about the job and that a hiring manager would be the best person to speak to. Waited approx. 10 minutes for hiring manager to arrive, only to be asked MORE questions. I present my questions, received my answers and was told I would hear something by Friday. Received a thank you but no thank response by email.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to use a different method to accomplish a task.   Answer Question

Sales Coordinator Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Waste Management.

Got an interview from a lady in Georgia USA.
    Went over my experience and skills she was looking for: multitasker, attention to detail, experience, database skills, RFP skills, exp. using their software sales force, sap and mas.
    I passed the initial interview and was told a follow up call would follow.
    The follow up call did not happen.
    But they were nice enough to send me and email to inform me that the position has been filled since.

Interview Questions
    • Very generic interview questions: tell me about yourself, your experience etc.   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Had a phone interview and was very basic, mostly talked about sales experience. Second interview had a standard sheet they read questions off of and the person with the most points got the job

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  El Cajon, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Cajon, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Waste Management in July 2013.

I received a voicemail from Rachel in HR about 3-4 days after I applied online. I promptly called her back that afternoon and left a message. After not hearing back from her, I called again later the next afternoon. Again nothing. I finally received an email rejection a month later. Best practices in recruiting would be since she called me and provided her info, she should at least call me back if she was no longer interested. Not a positive candidate experience.

Business Analyst Interview

Process was very good overall. I was interviewed by two people, and the interview lasted for one hour.

IT Leadership Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Waste Management.

Had an initial phone interview where I was asked a bunch of behavioral questions about how I managed my time etc. Then I had an on campus interview in which they asked me a few brain teasers.

Route Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Waste Management.

Applied online. phone interview followed by in person interview several days later. background check and drug screen with contingent over depending on results. Poor communication between steps but quick follow-up once process was completed.

Very little to negotiate

Operations Specialist Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview was straightforward about past work experience. Interviewer seemed a little skeptical because I wore a suit. I had to follow up several times as there seemed to be some indecision on the par of the interviewer.

Interview Questions
    Tried to negotiate, but not successful

Worked for Waste Management? Contribute to the Community!