Waste Management

Average Difficulty
115 candidate interviews

IT Leadership Interview

IT Leadership

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview Details – Had an initial phone interview where I was asked a bunch of behavioral questions about how I managed my time etc. Then I had an on campus interview in which they asked me a few brain teasers.

Interview Question – Two ropes brain teaser.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

Interviewed at Waste Management

Interview Details – Process was very good overall. I was interviewed by two people, and the interview lasted for one hour.

Interview Question – Outside of work, tell us about you?   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Outside Sales Representative

Interviewed at Waste Management

Interview Details – Had a phone interview and was very basic, mostly talked about sales experience. Second interview had a standard sheet they read questions off of and the person with the most points got the job

Interview Question – How do you see yourself as a hunter in this role.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter
El Cajon, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Waste Management in July 2013.

Interview Details – I received a voicemail from Rachel in HR about 3-4 days after I applied online. I promptly called her back that afternoon and left a message. After not hearing back from her, I called again later the next afternoon. Again nothing. I finally received an email rejection a month later. Best practices in recruiting would be since she called me and provided her info, she should at least call me back if she was no longer interested. Not a positive candidate experience.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Outside Sales Representative

Interviewed at Waste Management

Interview Details – 2 interviews. First phone interview then face to face.

Interview Question – Give example of one time you faced an obstacle where you disappointed the customer and how did you fix the problem.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

Interview Details – Conversational

Interview Question – Conversational   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You get what they offer. Very rarely do the negotiate.

Dispatcher Interview

Dispatcher
Ewing, NJ

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Waste Management in July 2012.

Interview Details – Contacted by telephone by HR department, Went on two interviews. An initial interview with a representive in the field for the company. Then a second interview with the actual manager that I would have worked under if hired. I was told that I would recieve an answer either way if I got the job within two weeks. I never heard anything from them. After ttwo months I contacted HR several times and the second interviewer. I never recieved an email, phone call, letter,nothing. Then finally HR called and said "they went another way" I don't know why you didn't get it."

Interview Question – What is your weaknessess?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview Details – Applied online, passed initial online skill test, receiving a call to interview within 2 weeks. While waiting to be walked into the building, an employee appeared to be walking off the job while a male manager was following her trying to prevent her from leaving. Interviewed with a recruiter and a hiring manager; both who had not seen my resume. Spent 1/2 hour going over my resume LINE BY LINE, answering SEVERAL behavior questions, only to be told by the recruiter she couldn't answer my questions about the job and that a hiring manager would be the best person to speak to. Waited approx. 10 minutes for hiring manager to arrive, only to be asked MORE questions. I present my questions, received my answers and was told I would hear something by Friday. Received a thank you but no thank response by email.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to use a different method to accomplish a task.   Answer Question

Operations Specialist Interview

Operations Specialist

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview Details – Interview was straightforward about past work experience. Interviewer seemed a little skeptical because I wore a suit. I had to follow up several times as there seemed to be some indecision on the par of the interviewer.

Interview Question – Interview was through a temp agency   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Tried to negotiate, but not successful

Sales Coordinator Interview

Sales Coordinator

I applied online and interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview Details – Got an interview from a lady in Georgia USA.
Went over my experience and skills she was looking for: multitasker, attention to detail, experience, database skills, RFP skills, exp. using their software sales force, sap and mas.
I passed the initial interview and was told a follow up call would follow.
The follow up call did not happen.
But they were nice enough to send me and email to inform me that the position has been filled since.

Interview Question – Very generic interview questions: tell me about yourself, your experience etc.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Waste Management

Worked for Waste Management? Contribute to the Community!

Waste Management Videos

Waste Management – Why Work for Us?

Waste Management, Inc. is North America's leading provider of integrated environmental solutions. Are you interested in a career with the industry leader? Click here. Waste Management is the leading provider of… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Waste Management interview questions and advice. All 115 interview reviews posted anonymously by Waste Management employees and interview candidates.