Waste Management Interview Questions

Updated Aug 3, 2015

2.8

IT Leadership Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview

Had an initial phone interview where I was asked a bunch of behavioral questions about how I managed my time etc. Then I had an on campus interview in which they asked me a few brain teasers.

Interview Questions

Interview

Had a phone interview and was very basic, mostly talked about sales experience. Second interview had a standard sheet they read questions off of and the person with the most points got the job

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Interview

2 interviews. First phone interview then face to face.

Interview Questions

• Give example of one time you faced an obstacle where you disappointed the customer and how did you fix the problem.   Answer Question

Sales Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview

Got an interview from a lady in Georgia USA. Went over my experience and skills she was looking for: multitasker, attention to detail, experience, database skills, RFP skills, exp. using their software sales force, sap and mas. I passed the initial interview and was told a follow up call would follow. The follow up call did not happen. But they were nice enough to send me and email to inform me that the position has been filled since.

Interview Questions

• Very generic interview questions: tell me about yourself, your experience etc.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Cajon, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Waste Management (El Cajon, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

I received a voicemail from Rachel in HR about 3-4 days after I applied online. I promptly called her back that afternoon and left a message. After not hearing back from her, I called again later the next afternoon. Again nothing. I finally received an email rejection a month later. Best practices in recruiting would be since she called me and provided her info, she should at least call me back if she was no longer interested. Not a positive candidate experience.

Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ewing, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Waste Management (Ewing, NJ) in July 2012.

Interview

Contacted by telephone by HR department, Went on two interviews. An initial interview with a representive in the field for the company. Then a second interview with the actual manager that I would have worked under if hired. I was told that I would recieve an answer either way if I got the job within two weeks. I never heard anything from them. After ttwo months I contacted HR several times and the second interviewer. I never recieved an email, phone call, letter,nothing. Then finally HR called and said "they went another way" I don't know why you didn't get it."

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Conversational

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You get what they offer. Very rarely do the negotiate.

Operations Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Waste Management.

Interview

Interview was straightforward about past work experience. Interviewer seemed a little skeptical because I wore a suit. I had to follow up several times as there seemed to be some indecision on the par of the interviewer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Tried to negotiate, but not successful

Route Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview

Applied online. phone interview followed by in person interview several days later. background check and drug screen with contingent over depending on results. Poor communication between steps but quick follow-up once process was completed.

Negotiation

Very little to negotiate

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview

Applied online, passed initial online skill test, receiving a call to interview within 2 weeks. While waiting to be walked into the building, an employee appeared to be walking off the job while a male manager was following her trying to prevent her from leaving. Interviewed with a recruiter and a hiring manager; both who had not seen my resume. Spent 1/2 hour going over my resume LINE BY LINE, answering SEVERAL behavior questions, only to be told by the recruiter she couldn't answer my questions about the job and that a hiring manager would be the best person to speak to. Waited approx. 10 minutes for hiring manager to arrive, only to be asked MORE questions. I present my questions, received my answers and was told I would hear something by Friday. Received a thank you but no thank response by email.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to use a different method to accomplish a task.   Answer Question