Waste Management

2.8

Inside Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewisville, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewisville, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Waste Management.

Was called for a phone interview a couple days after applying online, just basic questions tell us about yourself etc. Was then scheduled in for an interview the following week. I was kept waiting after a previous interview ran long (1hr) and the next candidate arrived.
    Interviewer was distracted, only asked a couple questions.

Inside Account Manager Franklin TN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, TN

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Waste Management in October 2014.

The hiring process was going well until I found out that I was not selected for the 2nd round of interviews. I passed the phone interview and went to the next step which was a face to face interview, the interviewer complemented me and showed high interest several times do to my knowledge of the company, process, current software and my past experience. I was very qualified and I thought the interview went great. I later found out from that I was not going to the 2nd round of interviews and was declined as to why.

Route Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waters, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waters, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Waste Management in January 2014.

Interviewed four different times at three different locations over a period of six months! The farthest location I traveled was four hours from my home. Ultimately they decided to hire within! This was a nightmare. Huge waste of several hours of my time and money.

Roll Off Dispatch Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Waste Management in January 2014.

Initial communication was from some HR person from Florida asking me general questions. They provided by email information regarding an in person interview with the area Dispatch Manager. Interview was your typical "What is your greatest strength, what is your greatest weakness" type of questions.

They told me they would get back to me. Three - Four weeks had gone by and I heard nothing. I received a call from the area Dispatch Supervisor, and they wanted to bring me in for a second interview. I attempted to return calls and then it became a very stressful game of leaving messages and asking for a follow up, yet did not receive a response. Over one months later, I was finally contacted by the Dispatch Supervisor and they brought me in for a second in person interview.

After the 2nd interview, one week had passed. I then received a call from the Dispatch Manager on a Friday telling me they have offered me the position, and asked if I could start the following Monday. I was shocked at such bad communication and short notice from this size of corporation. The Dispatch Manager spoke to the changes within the organization and how their HR/recruiting person was replaced, which put my resume on hold and why there was such lack of follow up on their end when I was inquiring about the status of my interview process.

Reluctantly, I accepted the offer but was still caught off guard by the long, unorganized, and drawn out hiring process.

Interview Questions
    • Do you prefer working independently, or being micro-managed?   View Answer
    They did not speak anything about pay rate until I was provided an offer, and therefore was not able to negotiate or provide a counter offer since there was no more interviewing to do.

Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Waste Management in September 2014.

I was interviewed by the Area Manager and Dispatch Supervisor they were very nice and asked me to tell them what I did at my last dispatch job, they also asked me what my weakness and strength area was, they told me about the company and what they do. I was pretty impressed and excited when she asked me if given the job when could I start, of course I told them immediately, but I have not been called back. My interview was 9/18 and since I didn't hear from them I sent a follow up email to the Dispatch Supervisor on 9/24 and he said they were still doing interviews and would make a decision around 10/10 because the Area Manager was out on vacation. Not loosing hope.

Supply Chain Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Waste Management.

Applied online and did not hear back until after an employee referral. I was then contacted and had one phone interview. Usually there is at least one, in person panel interview but for my case it was only a phone interview. The interview questions were fairly average and nothing out of the ordinary.

Industrial Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Germantown, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Germantown, WI

I applied online – interviewed at Waste Management in August 2014.

The process began with email confirmation to interview with two people. Interview was with one person. Went well. Received dear John letter a few days later. Two weeks past and I get another interview for the same position.

Driver Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Waste Management in March 2014.

It went well, but i just needed to have more experience even though i have been in law enforcement for a while and thought that this position would be an easy gig.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Waste Management in March 2010.

multiple interviews, lots of turn over, internal relocations, transfers, consolidations, changes, panel interviews, scenario based questions about market area, service, competition, overcoming objective, role playing sales strategies, techniques, creating presentations, 30,60,90 business plan, management tools, reporting, meetings, training, reporting

Interview Questions
    • adding value to our customers in a service based market   View Answer
    not much room for negotiating, everything is corp based

Dispatcher Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Waste Management in August 2014.

First they do an in person interview with either the Dispatch Supervisor or Area Dispatch Manager. Explain a time when you've had to work as a team. Explain a time when you had a conflict and how you solved the conflict. What's your strengths/weaknesses? etc. Then they take you into the dispatcher center and let you mingle among the employees while they work and they ask you questions that they think of, which is usually pretty close to the questions you were asked in the first interview. Then the employees tell their supervisor if they liked you or not the next day in their morning huddle. Very interesting interview process.

Interview Questions
    First they offered me 15.85/hr. I said that I was looking for more like $18/hr and they offered me $16/hr. They didn't budge much, but I wish I had pushed one more time for a little bit higher. Also they only give 1 week vacation a year so you may be able to throw an extra week in for negotiations. Something you could try.