Waste Management Interview Questions

Updated Apr 24, 2015

2.7

Customer Service Representative Indianapolis Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Waste Management (Indianapolis, IN) in April 2015.

Interview

submitted application on line. I was called in for interview the interviewer wasn't quite together yet, they were out of print paper we had to wait. the interviewer was running late.They didn't give good directions to find the place either.

Interview Questions

• How efficient I was on micro-word.   1 Answer

Inside Commercial Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Waste Management (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2014.

Interview

you wait in the lobby for about 10 to 20 min a manager walks out and takes you into a small room looks at your resume then asking a few questions walks you around the building and lets you know you got the job

Interview Questions

• basic call center questions about scheduled breaks lunches and work experiences   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lombard, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Waste Management (Lombard, IL) in March 2011.

Interview

Hiring was very difficult to get into 4 years ago seems like now they will hire anyone with customer service experience of if you have a background at comcast as the current manager was from there.

Interview Questions

• what are your strengths and weaknesses, provide a time where you overcame an objection.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview

I have phone interviewed with Waste Management for a Recruiter role twice. The first time, in 2013, the interviewer was extremely rude and cut me off multiple times; I decided not to move forward. In 2015, I decided to apply again, and a different interviewer was also extremely rude and caused me to not move forward with the process. I will not apply again - the culture of the Talent Acquisition department at HQ appears to be very toxic, with Recruiters being condescending on the phone and cutting you off in order to churn through questions.

Interview Questions

• How many requisitions have you handled at one time?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Waste Management (Houston, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

it was pretty average for difficulty. I only had a phone interview but it was with two people. they commented on how i was a very great candidate. ask questions for them, they really were impressed.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Waste Management.

Interview

Recruited by third-party headhunter for the position. After phone screen, then participated in a panel interview with three managers, including direct supervisor, senior engineering management, and regional operational management. Subsequent to panel interview, participated in a telephone interview with Human Resources representative, and eventually received an offer for the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had a negative experience with a client/customer, and what you did to handle the situation.   Answer Question

Diesel Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Waste Management (Framingham, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume and filled out Waste Management's online forms. That same afternoon, I was contacted by a recruiter, answered a few questions, and was given an interview date. The interview was pleasant, informative, and professional. The interviewer seemed impressed with my resume and experience. I was informed that I would hear from them in 2 weeks if there was an offer for me. I will post with an update when I hear back from WM or in 3 weeks. Whichever comes first.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I was familiar with hydraulic and electrical systems.   1 Answer

Front End Load Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Waste Management (Cleveland, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

Manager was a friend of a friend so I already had an interview set up before I applied so the whole process was kind of backwards. In person interview with route manager and district manager 4 days after I initially applied, about three hours after I had a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you saw someone act unsafe on the job and what did you do when you saw it?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Waste Management (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with 3-person panel of Management level employees. Each panel member asked questions regarding resume, challenges, wins and defeats. First, detail the stages of the resume. Discuss challenges at each stage and how solutions were offered to the customers. Discussed metrics used to measure performance in the Sales Department. I needed to describe how my skills fit the role that was available.

Interview Questions

• Describe an obstacle provided by a customer, and the solution that was offered.   1 Answer

Route Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Waste Management (El Paso, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

Straight forward - Submit resume, pass phone screening, followed by an in person interview. Its not the quickest process, generally about one week break between each step. I would apply to another position if the opportunity presented itself.