Waste Management

118 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Operations Specialist Interview

Operations Specialist

I applied online - interviewed at Waste Management in August 2011.

Interview Details – was called in to meet with site and district managers. Left not knowing the result. Then received a phone call from a Corporate HR person and offered the job.

Interview Question – Almost every question was "give an example of how you have handled different situations in the past"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The interviewer told me the job paid $12 hr. I wanted into the company and agreed to the pay. When I was called by an actual HR person I was offered $15 hr. I was happy with that.

Accounting Interview

Accounting
Houston, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview Details – I was already an employee, which i think actually helped. The interview process was pretty simple and laid back. It probably lasted about 30 minutes. We mostly just did lots of talking in the interview. She did ask me questions regarding my background which actually helped. I had a 2nd interview and got the job.

Interview Question – There weren't any difficult questions. All pretty simple   Answer Question

Lead Closing Inside Sales Representative Interview

Lead Closing Inside Sales Representative
Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Waste Management in October 2013.

Interview Details – Disorganized cluster, hurry up and wait, will be forced to talk with multiple people.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in five years.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They do not bargain. They are very cheap. Took two weeks to get a call back.

Human Resources Director Interview

Human Resources Director
Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview Details – A very long and detailed process. Initially start with a recruiter by phone - and the recruiters are sharp. Can't BS your way though, at all. If you get past the phone screen the in person interview is done at the place where you'll be based. Pay attention to what they show you. Try to verbally tie your previous work experience to the work environment they are presenting to you. Takes anywhere from 6 - 8 weeks to get an offer letter due to preemployment steps. Higher the position, more interviews. I went through 7 different interviews, but it was good because it helped me learned the personalities of the different people I'd have to interact with. Very diverse company.

Interview Question – What is a work-related weakness you have? How have you learned to overcome it?   Answer Question

Inside Commercial Representative Interview

Inside Commercial Representative
Oak Harbor, WA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Waste Management in April 2014.

Interview Details – When I walked into the call center to go to the meeting room, there were many employees on the phones. Some of them looked up at me and smiled. LOVED THE FEELING. The interview was very informative and excellent questions were asked. I was comfortable answering everything.

Interview Question – The interviewer used a phrase I was unfamiliar with. I asked her if she could define the phrase, she did and I was able to answer her question.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation - hourly rate and bonus.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview Details – Apply online, you're called for an interview...typically two interviews, unless its an hourly position then most likely you will only have one.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult, standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Technical Support Analyst IV Interview

Technical Support Analyst IV

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Waste Management in February 2010.

Interview Details – I was told by Icon Information Consultants that there was a job position that WM was wanting to fill. I felt that I could do the job, so an interview was scheduled and I went to the 2nd floor of 1021 Main St. I was brought up to the 4th floor for the interview. The person interviewing me told me that I was going to be asked 10 questions and if I did not know the answer that I should say "I do not know". Otherwise, I would rejected on the basis of bluffing an answer. I answered all 10 questions correctly and left back to home. I told the consulting firm of what transpired and the next day I was offered the position. I accepted the income that I was going to make and was pleased that I was able to start immediately getting myself situated with all information that I needed to be successful in my position at WM.

Interview Question – It was all technical, and there was nothing on my resume to bluff or fluff.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I went in knowing that I was on the top end of the salary for this postion. So, I accepted it without delay.

Recycling Driver Interview

Recycling Driver
Matteson, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Waste Management in March 2013.

Interview Details – they give you a phone interview then a face to face interview

Interview Question – How do you react in a face paced enviroment   View Answer

Operations Specialist Interview

Operations Specialist

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview Details – Interview was straightforward about past work experience. Interviewer seemed a little skeptical because I wore a suit. I had to follow up several times as there seemed to be some indecision on the par of the interviewer.

Interview Question – Interview was through a temp agency   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Tried to negotiate, but not successful

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Inside Sales Representative
Greenwood Village, CO

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview Details – a joke they first recommended me for a lower position in sales, then I convinced them that the position I wanted was for commercial sales and it was granted to me. after all that I proved my point by being the top salesman 3 years running.

Interview Question – silly psycholigical questions instead of getting to the root which is can you sell. They continue to under interview the potential employees and as a result most wash out or dont perform.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – wasnt any, a set base hourly rate for the icr dept.