Waste Management

118 candidate interviews

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

Interviewed at Waste Management

Interview Details – Process was very good overall. I was interviewed by two people, and the interview lasted for one hour.

Interview Question – Outside of work, tell us about you?   Answer Question

Pricing Internship Interview

Pricing Internship

Interviewed at Waste Management

Interview Details – Found them on my University Career Site. They were prompt with the first two interviews but after that didn't communicate back for a while. Interviews were more conversations and seemed easy. Just went through the resume.

Interview Question – No difficult questions just simple behavioral stuff.   Answer Question

Route Management Interview

Route Management

I applied online - interviewed at Waste Management in August 2013.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview, went well. So I was set up with a second interview with a district manager. I thought went well. They told me that they will get back to me the next week and let me know their choice. They did and gave a excuse that the manage was out on business meetings. And that they will get back to me the next week. Well another week wnt by and they did contact me to let me know that it will be another week. So after that I just left it at that and they finally got back to me 4 weeks later to let me know that they decided to go with someone inside the company.

Grapple Crane Operator Interview

Grapple Crane Operator
San Antonio, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Waste Management in April 2012.

Interview Details – They have a recruiter call you approximately 2 days to 3 weeks after submitting your application doe. They conduct a phone interview at your convienance.You interview for the position 1-3 weeks afterward.

Interview Question – None really, just be truthful and be yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate, as they are stern with their offer

Residential Driver Interview

Residential Driver
Fairborn, OH

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Waste Management in March 2010.

Interview Details – Was contacted by HR represenative from Waste management, to ask if I was interested, and I said yes, she then asked about 5 questions most based on safety, and what if's. she had never driver so I don't think she really understood the answers, they do not seem to up on Department of Transportaion (DOT) rules and regulations as they pertain to a driver CDL-A

Interview Questions

Inside Commercial Representative Interview

Inside Commercial Representative
Oak Harbor, WA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Waste Management in April 2014.

Interview Details – When I walked into the call center to go to the meeting room, there were many employees on the phones. Some of them looked up at me and smiled. LOVED THE FEELING. The interview was very informative and excellent questions were asked. I was comfortable answering everything.

Interview Question – The interviewer used a phrase I was unfamiliar with. I asked her if she could define the phrase, she did and I was able to answer her question.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation - hourly rate and bonus.

SCALE ATTENDANT Interview

SCALE ATTENDANT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview Details – I was informed of an open position by a family member, I went in that day to turn in my resume. I came back the next day and interviewed with the manager. He looked at my resume and read it over. He didn't really ask to many questions other than basic job history questions. During the interview another person walked in and the manager said why are we interviewing still I thought we filled the position? The woman said she didn't fit in and gave him a look. I thought this was awkward. I was offered the job on the spot and the lady took me over to see the scale house. She went over a few things, and said she will call to let me know my start date. The interview process was fairly easy I guess its best if you know someone.

Interview Question – I would be surprised if they asked any at all, seems they are desperate to fill positions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The recruiter called and said the base pay for the position is 12/hr, did not negotiate the pay.

Technical Support Analyst IV Interview

Technical Support Analyst IV

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Waste Management in February 2010.

Interview Details – I was told by Icon Information Consultants that there was a job position that WM was wanting to fill. I felt that I could do the job, so an interview was scheduled and I went to the 2nd floor of 1021 Main St. I was brought up to the 4th floor for the interview. The person interviewing me told me that I was going to be asked 10 questions and if I did not know the answer that I should say "I do not know". Otherwise, I would rejected on the basis of bluffing an answer. I answered all 10 questions correctly and left back to home. I told the consulting firm of what transpired and the next day I was offered the position. I accepted the income that I was going to make and was pleased that I was able to start immediately getting myself situated with all information that I needed to be successful in my position at WM.

Interview Question – It was all technical, and there was nothing on my resume to bluff or fluff.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I went in knowing that I was on the top end of the salary for this postion. So, I accepted it without delay.

CDL Class A Interview

CDL Class A
Dunmore, PA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Waste Management in December 2010.

Interview Details – Had an interview, qualified, took road test, did all backround checks, did the pre employement drug screen, plus references

Negotiation Details – easy, pay baesd on my experience

Database Administrator Interview

Database Administrator

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Waste Management in January 2008.

Interview Details – Mostly questions about previous jobs.
A few questions about knowledge of Oracle RDBMS.

Interview Question – What is your experience in managing projects?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate.