Waste Management

Updated Sep 11, 2014
Updated Sep 11, 2014

2.7

Pricing Internship Interview

Found them on my University Career Site. They were prompt with the first two interviews but after that didn't communicate back for a while. Interviews were more conversations and seemed easy. Just went through the resume.

Route Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Waste Management.

Applied online. phone interview followed by in person interview several days later. background check and drug screen with contingent over depending on results. Poor communication between steps but quick follow-up once process was completed.

Very little to negotiate

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greenwood Village, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood Village, CO

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Waste Management.

a joke they first recommended me for a lower position in sales, then I convinced them that the position I wanted was for commercial sales and it was granted to me. after all that I proved my point by being the top salesman 3 years running.

Interview Questions
    • silly psycholigical questions instead of getting to the root which is can you sell. They continue to under interview the potential employees and as a result most wash out or dont perform.   Answer Question
    wasnt any, a set base hourly rate for the icr dept.

Technical Support Analyst IV Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Waste Management in February 2010.

I was told by Icon Information Consultants that there was a job position that WM was wanting to fill. I felt that I could do the job, so an interview was scheduled and I went to the 2nd floor of 1021 Main St. I was brought up to the 4th floor for the interview. The person interviewing me told me that I was going to be asked 10 questions and if I did not know the answer that I should say "I do not know". Otherwise, I would rejected on the basis of bluffing an answer. I answered all 10 questions correctly and left back to home. I told the consulting firm of what transpired and the next day I was offered the position. I accepted the income that I was going to make and was pleased that I was able to start immediately getting myself situated with all information that I needed to be successful in my position at WM.

Interview Questions
    • It was all technical, and there was nothing on my resume to bluff or fluff.   View Answer
    I went in knowing that I was on the top end of the salary for this postion. So, I accepted it without delay.

Inside Commercial Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oak Harbor, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Harbor, WA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Waste Management in April 2014.

When I walked into the call center to go to the meeting room, there were many employees on the phones. Some of them looked up at me and smiled. LOVED THE FEELING. The interview was very informative and excellent questions were asked. I was comfortable answering everything.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer used a phrase I was unfamiliar with. I asked her if she could define the phrase, she did and I was able to answer her question.   View Answer
    No negotiation - hourly rate and bonus.

CDL Class A Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dunmore, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dunmore, PA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Waste Management in December 2010.

Had an interview, qualified, took road test, did all backround checks, did the pre employement drug screen, plus references

easy, pay baesd on my experience

Route Management Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Waste Management in August 2013.

I had a phone interview, went well. So I was set up with a second interview with a district manager. I thought went well. They told me that they will get back to me the next week and let me know their choice. They did and gave a excuse that the manage was out on business meetings. And that they will get back to me the next week. Well another week wnt by and they did contact me to let me know that it will be another week. So after that I just left it at that and they finally got back to me 4 weeks later to let me know that they decided to go with someone inside the company.

Heavy Equipment Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Waste Management in June 2012.

Was given a phone interview, then drove 500 miles for a face to face interview. i was offered the position and relocated my family shortly afterward.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked where I saw myself in 5 years and told them hopefully still with the company. I was told management was definitely a possibility.   View Answer

Grapple Crane Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Waste Management in April 2012.

They have a recruiter call you approximately 2 days to 3 weeks after submitting your application doe. They conduct a phone interview at your convienance.You interview for the position 1-3 weeks afterward.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate, as they are stern with their offer

Garbage Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Waste Management in July 2014.

I applied online took 1 month to hear back from them I got a call from a recruiter and had a phone interview I feel I did great with the phone interview told me about the benefits of this job and how demanding it is. I than was given a interview dare had to wait 2 weeks for the interview the gentleman I spoke to told me I would start out at 16 a hr based on my experience and than told me he would call me on Monday July 7 to see if I have the job I hope I do have this job I Like the environment and would love to start with this company

Interview Questions
    • Please explain a time when you helped out another employee and what did you do?   Answer Question
    Was told based on my experience I will start out at 16 a hr

Waste Management Response

Jul 14, 2014Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your interest in joining the team! You can call 877.220.5627 to check the status of your application.