Waste Management Interview Questions

Updated Jul 18, 2015

2.8

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Process was very good overall. I was interviewed by two people, and the interview lasted for one hour.

Pricing Internship Interview

Interview

Found them on my University Career Site. They were prompt with the first two interviews but after that didn't communicate back for a while. Interviews were more conversations and seemed easy. Just went through the resume.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Waste Management (Houston, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straighforward and I did my best to stay cool calm and collected but after that I was not told if I had won the position. I then went home. About a week later an HR lady called and said that if I could come in for some more interrogation questions so I did and again I was stressed before the interview. But in the end they awarded me the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in your previous role where you overcame the hardest of hardest obstacles and out you came victorious.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Waste Management in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a receipt of application e-mail immediately. I received a phone call to ask if I was still interested and if I had time for a brief phone interview. They proceeded to ask about my preventative maintenance background with regards to diesel, electrical, & air brakes systems. I only have six months experience, they said I needed one year experience despite the no experience or education requirements listed on their site, which promptly ended the interview.

Diesel Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Waste Management (Framingham, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume and filled out Waste Management's online forms. That same afternoon, I was contacted by a recruiter, answered a few questions, and was given an interview date. The interview was pleasant, informative, and professional. The interviewer seemed impressed with my resume and experience. I was informed that I would hear from them in 2 weeks if there was an offer for me. I will post with an update when I hear back from WM or in 3 weeks. Whichever comes first.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I was familiar with hydraulic and electrical systems.   1 Answer

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Waste Management (Gaithersburg, MD) in February 2014.

Interview

It was an easy interview . The interview consist of a bunch of personality questions.I was interviewed by the district manager and the Office manager.The interview took only 15 minutes. I was mostly hired based off my performance in my previous position with WM.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a specific accomplishment you've achieved in a previous position that indicates you will thrive in this position?   Answer Question

Mechanic Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Waste Management in January 2015.

Interview

Went in for an interview and the manager for that terminal never even showed. I left my number and resume. No call, just an email saying they were looking at other applicants.

Interview Questions

• No questions, just an email saying they were not interested in me.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Waste Management (Pasadena, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online 11-4 received call from HR around two days after, went over my resume over the phone . I was informed to resend my resume because when applied I copied and paste my my iPad . Never recieved email , called HR back (ruby) and again went over the same resume sent before ,she clearly didn't remember who and what I applied for ! She then instructed me I will be scheduled for an interview but then I recieved an email hours later with a thanks but no thanks. I didn't see the purpose of our going back and fourth but whatever :)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself . Go over every line in your resume!   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Waste Management.

Interview

Apply online , phone interview , in person interview , tour of call center , listen to calls , talk to other CSR's, then job offer . Thank thank thank thank thank thank thank thank you.

Commercial Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Waste Management (Atlanta, GA) in May 2011.

Interview

First talked to a recruiter on the phone, then in person interview with two managers, asked about previous sales experience. It was a conversation about sales techniques and my own questions about the corporate culture and upward mobility. Not a tough interview at all.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of how you saved a potential cancellation account.   1 Answer