Waste Management

2.7

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Waste Management.

Apply online, you're called for an interview...typically two interviews, unless its an hourly position then most likely you will only have one.

Technical Support Analyst IV Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Waste Management in February 2010.

I was told by Icon Information Consultants that there was a job position that WM was wanting to fill. I felt that I could do the job, so an interview was scheduled and I went to the 2nd floor of 1021 Main St. I was brought up to the 4th floor for the interview. The person interviewing me told me that I was going to be asked 10 questions and if I did not know the answer that I should say "I do not know". Otherwise, I would rejected on the basis of bluffing an answer. I answered all 10 questions correctly and left back to home. I told the consulting firm of what transpired and the next day I was offered the position. I accepted the income that I was going to make and was pleased that I was able to start immediately getting myself situated with all information that I needed to be successful in my position at WM.

Interview Questions
    • It was all technical, and there was nothing on my resume to bluff or fluff.   View Answer
    I went in knowing that I was on the top end of the salary for this postion. So, I accepted it without delay.

Recycling Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Matteson, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Matteson, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Waste Management in March 2013.

they give you a phone interview then a face to face interview

Interview Questions
    • How do you react in a face paced enviroment   View Answer

Operations Specialist Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview was straightforward about past work experience. Interviewer seemed a little skeptical because I wore a suit. I had to follow up several times as there seemed to be some indecision on the par of the interviewer.

Interview Questions
    Tried to negotiate, but not successful

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greenwood Village, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood Village, CO

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Waste Management.

a joke they first recommended me for a lower position in sales, then I convinced them that the position I wanted was for commercial sales and it was granted to me. after all that I proved my point by being the top salesman 3 years running.

Interview Questions
    • silly psycholigical questions instead of getting to the root which is can you sell. They continue to under interview the potential employees and as a result most wash out or dont perform.   Answer Question
    wasnt any, a set base hourly rate for the icr dept.

Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Georgetown, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Georgetown, DE

I applied online - interviewed at Waste Management in April 2011.

They didn't give nothing out but what u earned..Uc got paid by the hour..Thats it...Other then that..u do ur job and still get talk 2 like ur a dog.."Sorry 4 that ,,but true"

Interview Questions
    • Y do they get way with it,,My boss,, his boss didn't do nothing bout it..The way he talk 2 all the DRIVERS...   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Waste Management.

Applied online, passed initial online skill test, receiving a call to interview within 2 weeks. While waiting to be walked into the building, an employee appeared to be walking off the job while a male manager was following her trying to prevent her from leaving. Interviewed with a recruiter and a hiring manager; both who had not seen my resume. Spent 1/2 hour going over my resume LINE BY LINE, answering SEVERAL behavior questions, only to be told by the recruiter she couldn't answer my questions about the job and that a hiring manager would be the best person to speak to. Waited approx. 10 minutes for hiring manager to arrive, only to be asked MORE questions. I present my questions, received my answers and was told I would hear something by Friday. Received a thank you but no thank response by email.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to use a different method to accomplish a task.   Answer Question

Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ewing, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ewing, NJ

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Waste Management in July 2012.

Contacted by telephone by HR department, Went on two interviews. An initial interview with a representive in the field for the company. Then a second interview with the actual manager that I would have worked under if hired. I was told that I would recieve an answer either way if I got the job within two weeks. I never heard anything from them. After ttwo months I contacted HR several times and the second interviewer. I never recieved an email, phone call, letter,nothing. Then finally HR called and said "they went another way" I don't know why you didn't get it."

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Waste Management in January 2014.

Though the pre-screening experience was generally a positive one, I found the first-line management interview to be far from what I expect from a major corporation and leader in its field. The manager with whom I interviewed made no attempts to be evenly remotely warm with me. "They tell us to ask these questions so that's what I'm going to do," he said, then went on to ask me the pre-canned questions in a robotic fashion. When asked if I had questions, I said "Yes. What is your leadership style?", I asked. He said "I'll tell you something once, but if I have to tell you again, there will be a lot of screaming and shouting." Great, I thought, this is what every senior manager needs in their life ------ NOT!

Interview Questions
    • Many scenario based questions are asked. For example, "Tell me of a time when you were in jeopardy of losing a customer, and what you did to fend that off. Also, explain how you used your resources to accomplish the objective, and what the outcome was."   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Waste Management in March 2011.

Was scheduled for a video interview with somebody there and a person from HR...turns out video on their end was not working so they could see me but I couldn't see either of them...awwwkkkk. The person who worked there seemed normal and polite. Person from HR seemed angry...neither offered to turn off video camera when it was a one-way interview.

Interview Questions
    • Please detail how you would go about working a long term project.   View Answer