Waste Management

Relevance Date Difficulty

Driver Interview

Driver
Georgetown, DE

I applied online - interviewed at Waste Management in April 2011.

Interview Details – They didn't give nothing out but what u earned..Uc got paid by the hour..Thats it...Other then that..u do ur job and still get talk 2 like ur a dog.."Sorry 4 that ,,but true"

Interview Question – Y do they get way with it,,My boss,, his boss didn't do nothing bout it..The way he talk 2 all the DRIVERS...   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview Details – Applied online, passed initial online skill test, receiving a call to interview within 2 weeks. While waiting to be walked into the building, an employee appeared to be walking off the job while a male manager was following her trying to prevent her from leaving. Interviewed with a recruiter and a hiring manager; both who had not seen my resume. Spent 1/2 hour going over my resume LINE BY LINE, answering SEVERAL behavior questions, only to be told by the recruiter she couldn't answer my questions about the job and that a hiring manager would be the best person to speak to. Waited approx. 10 minutes for hiring manager to arrive, only to be asked MORE questions. I present my questions, received my answers and was told I would hear something by Friday. Received a thank you but no thank response by email.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to use a different method to accomplish a task.   Answer Question

Dispatcher Interview

Dispatcher
Ewing, NJ

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Waste Management in July 2012.

Interview Details – Contacted by telephone by HR department, Went on two interviews. An initial interview with a representive in the field for the company. Then a second interview with the actual manager that I would have worked under if hired. I was told that I would recieve an answer either way if I got the job within two weeks. I never heard anything from them. After ttwo months I contacted HR several times and the second interviewer. I never recieved an email, phone call, letter,nothing. Then finally HR called and said "they went another way" I don't know why you didn't get it."

Interview Question – What is your weaknessess?   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Waste Management in January 2014.

Interview Details – Though the pre-screening experience was generally a positive one, I found the first-line management interview to be far from what I expect from a major corporation and leader in its field. The manager with whom I interviewed made no attempts to be evenly remotely warm with me. "They tell us to ask these questions so that's what I'm going to do," he said, then went on to ask me the pre-canned questions in a robotic fashion. When asked if I had questions, I said "Yes. What is your leadership style?", I asked. He said "I'll tell you something once, but if I have to tell you again, there will be a lot of screaming and shouting." Great, I thought, this is what every senior manager needs in their life ------ NOT!

Interview Question – Many scenario based questions are asked. For example, "Tell me of a time when you were in jeopardy of losing a customer, and what you did to fend that off. Also, explain how you used your resources to accomplish the objective, and what the outcome was."   View Answer

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied online - interviewed at Waste Management in March 2011.

Interview Details – Was scheduled for a video interview with somebody there and a person from HR...turns out video on their end was not working so they could see me but I couldn't see either of them...awwwkkkk. The person who worked there seemed normal and polite. Person from HR seemed angry...neither offered to turn off video camera when it was a one-way interview.

Interview Question – Please detail how you would go about working a long term project.   View Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Inside Sales Representative
Germantown, WI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Waste Management in May 2011.

Interview Details – In the interview they asked the standard questions to get to know your working habits and reviewed your resume with you. The interview process they explained the position and went over the length of training, and about how much a rep will make each month. The gave you enough information up front to understand what the company was about.

Negotiation Details – negotiation was not an option

Maintenance Manager Interview

Maintenance Manager

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Waste Management in May 2012.

Interview Details – Interview process is pretty straight forward. However, all questions are situational and require you to recall specific examples of issues or situations you dealt with at prior employers. The hiring process is very long and can take up to six to eight weeks. Background and medical required for all jobs.

Interview Question – Explain a situation where you made a decision and regretted it. What would you have done differently?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was contacted by a recruiter and offered lower base salary than told by friend who works there. They really try to push the fact that you can earn up to 15% of your annual base salary if you meet all objectives. Sounds great but you may not be involved in the success / failure of those objectives.

Very Easy Interview

Route Management Interview

Route Management

I applied online - interviewed at Waste Management in August 2013.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview, went well. So I was set up with a second interview with a district manager. I thought went well. They told me that they will get back to me the next week and let me know their choice. They did and gave a excuse that the manage was out on business meetings. And that they will get back to me the next week. Well another week wnt by and they did contact me to let me know that it will be another week. So after that I just left it at that and they finally got back to me 4 weeks later to let me know that they decided to go with someone inside the company.

Very Easy Interview

CDL Class A Interview

CDL Class A
Dunmore, PA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Waste Management in December 2010.

Interview Details – Had an interview, qualified, took road test, did all backround checks, did the pre employement drug screen, plus references

Negotiation Details – easy, pay baesd on my experience

INBOUND COMMERCIAL SERVICES Interview

INBOUND COMMERCIAL SERVICES
Lombard, IL

I applied in-person - interviewed at Waste Management in March 2013.

Interview Details – Usually will be 2 interviews.

Interview Question – Not difficult at all, can be looked up on line w/ Google .. just type "Most asked interview questions". That should get you through it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had already been employed there but was asked if I would like to become part of their sales department.