Waste Management Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2015

2.8

SCALE ATTENDANT Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Waste Management.

Interview

I was informed of an open position by a family member, I went in that day to turn in my resume. I came back the next day and interviewed with the manager. He looked at my resume and read it over. He didn't really ask to many questions other than basic job history questions. During the interview another person walked in and the manager said why are we interviewing still I thought we filled the position? The woman said she didn't fit in and gave him a look. I thought this was awkward. I was offered the job on the spot and the lady took me over to see the scale house. She went over a few things, and said she will call to let me know my start date. The interview process was fairly easy I guess its best if you know someone.

Interview Questions

• I would be surprised if they asked any at all, seems they are desperate to fill positions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The recruiter called and said the base pay for the position is 12/hr, did not negotiate the pay.

Grapple Crane Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Waste Management (San Antonio, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

They have a recruiter call you approximately 2 days to 3 weeks after submitting your application doe. They conduct a phone interview at your convienance.You interview for the position 1-3 weeks afterward.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, as they are stern with their offer

Route Management Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Waste Management in August 2013.

Interview

I had a phone interview, went well. So I was set up with a second interview with a district manager. I thought went well. They told me that they will get back to me the next week and let me know their choice. They did and gave a excuse that the manage was out on business meetings. And that they will get back to me the next week. Well another week wnt by and they did contact me to let me know that it will be another week. So after that I just left it at that and they finally got back to me 4 weeks later to let me know that they decided to go with someone inside the company.

Inside Commercial Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Harbor, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Waste Management (Oak Harbor, WA) in April 2014.

Interview

When I walked into the call center to go to the meeting room, there were many employees on the phones. Some of them looked up at me and smiled. LOVED THE FEELING. The interview was very informative and excellent questions were asked. I was comfortable answering everything.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer used a phrase I was unfamiliar with. I asked her if she could define the phrase, she did and I was able to answer her question.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation - hourly rate and bonus.

Technical Support Analyst IV Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Waste Management in February 2010.

Interview

I was told by Icon Information Consultants that there was a job position that WM was wanting to fill. I felt that I could do the job, so an interview was scheduled and I went to the 2nd floor of 1021 Main St. I was brought up to the 4th floor for the interview. The person interviewing me told me that I was going to be asked 10 questions and if I did not know the answer that I should say "I do not know". Otherwise, I would rejected on the basis of bluffing an answer. I answered all 10 questions correctly and left back to home. I told the consulting firm of what transpired and the next day I was offered the position. I accepted the income that I was going to make and was pleased that I was able to start immediately getting myself situated with all information that I needed to be successful in my position at WM.

Interview Questions

• It was all technical, and there was nothing on my resume to bluff or fluff.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I went in knowing that I was on the top end of the salary for this postion. So, I accepted it without delay.

CDL Class A Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dunmore, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Waste Management (Dunmore, PA) in December 2010.

Interview

Had an interview, qualified, took road test, did all backround checks, did the pre employement drug screen, plus references

Negotiation

easy, pay baesd on my experience

Garbage Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Waste Management (Colorado Springs, CO) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied online took 1 month to hear back from them I got a call from a recruiter and had a phone interview I feel I did great with the phone interview told me about the benefits of this job and how demanding it is. I than was given a interview dare had to wait 2 weeks for the interview the gentleman I spoke to told me I would start out at 16 a hr based on my experience and than told me he would call me on Monday July 7 to see if I have the job I hope I do have this job I Like the environment and would love to start with this company

Interview Questions

• Please explain a time when you helped out another employee and what did you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was told based on my experience I will start out at 16 a hr

Waste Management Response

Jul 14, 2014 – Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your interest in joining the team! You can call 877.220.5627 to check the status of your application.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood Village, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Waste Management (Greenwood Village, CO).

Interview

a joke they first recommended me for a lower position in sales, then I convinced them that the position I wanted was for commercial sales and it was granted to me. after all that I proved my point by being the top salesman 3 years running.

Interview Questions

• silly psycholigical questions instead of getting to the root which is can you sell. They continue to under interview the potential employees and as a result most wash out or dont perform.   Answer Question

Negotiation

wasnt any, a set base hourly rate for the icr dept.

Heavy Equipment Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Waste Management (Nashville, TN) in June 2012.

Interview

Was given a phone interview, then drove 500 miles for a face to face interview. i was offered the position and relocated my family shortly afterward.

Interview Questions

• Was asked where I saw myself in 5 years and told them hopefully still with the company. I was told management was definitely a possibility.   1 Answer

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Waste Management (Miami, FL) in April 2011.

Interview

Hiring was horrible, and I knew about 5 minutes into the interview that the job was mine. It was very informal, and I didn't talk much at all. He talked and talked and talked and then said I was hired. Didn't ask me much at all. I should have known by this alone, that this company was horrible!!!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was with HR, not the hiring manager.