Waste Management

Updated Oct 22, 2014
Updated Oct 22, 2014

2.8

SCALE ATTENDANT Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Waste Management.

I was informed of an open position by a family member, I went in that day to turn in my resume. I came back the next day and interviewed with the manager. He looked at my resume and read it over. He didn't really ask to many questions other than basic job history questions. During the interview another person walked in and the manager said why are we interviewing still I thought we filled the position? The woman said she didn't fit in and gave him a look. I thought this was awkward. I was offered the job on the spot and the lady took me over to see the scale house. She went over a few things, and said she will call to let me know my start date. The interview process was fairly easy I guess its best if you know someone.

Interview Questions
    • I would be surprised if they asked any at all, seems they are desperate to fill positions.   Answer Question
    The recruiter called and said the base pay for the position is 12/hr, did not negotiate the pay.

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Waste Management in April 2011.

Hiring was horrible, and I knew about 5 minutes into the interview that the job was mine. It was very informal, and I didn't talk much at all. He talked and talked and talked and then said I was hired. Didn't ask me much at all. I should have known by this alone, that this company was horrible!!!

Interview Questions
    It was with HR, not the hiring manager.

Route Manager Interview

The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Waste Management in March 2012.

This has to be the worst experience ever. I was originally contacted in October and had the following: 1 phone interview, HR interview, District Manager interview, Director of Operations Interview, and then another Route Manager interview all over the course of 6 months for 1 position! After all that you think I would be given courtesy on whether or not I got the job, but I was suppose to hear back 2 weeks ago and nothing yet so Im assuming a no go.. I will never apply nor recommend them to anyone.

Account Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Waste Management in January 2009.

Several phone interviews, discussion of sales position and client base

Interview Questions
    • What experiences in service deliveries were the most challenging for you   Answer Question

Salary was not competitive

Residential Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairborn, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairborn, OH

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Waste Management in March 2010.

Was contacted by HR represenative from Waste management, to ask if I was interested, and I said yes, she then asked about 5 questions most based on safety, and what if's. she had never driver so I don't think she really understood the answers, they do not seem to up on Department of Transportaion (DOT) rules and regulations as they pertain to a driver CDL-A

Interview Questions
    • What to do with an angry customer   View Answer
    • What safety measure do you take before driving   View Answer

Database Administrator Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Waste Management in January 2008.

Mostly questions about previous jobs.
    A few questions about knowledge of Oracle RDBMS.

Interview Questions
    • What is your experience in managing projects?   View Answer
    Not able to negotiate.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Harbor, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Harbor, WA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Waste Management in April 2011.

I applied online and about two weeks later received a telephone call from a recruiter who wanted to talk to me! I promptly called her back and she gave me a quick overview of the position followed by a phone interview. After she was done she told me I'd passed the first stage and scheduled me for a sit down interview three days later.

I just got back from my sit down offer! I was offered the job right after the interview!
    I got there, had to fill out a paper application, then was taken upstairs and interviewed in a 1:1 setting in a nice, quiet office. They ask you to briefly describe your work history, then they begin asking the questions. My interviewer described the interview as "story time" as the questions are mostly situational and ask how you acted in certain situations.
    It was an overall great experience! Do your homework on the company, dress professionally and believe in yourself!

Interview Questions
    • Describe the most difficult customer situation you've ever encountered.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you made the wrong decision about something and what the consequences were.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when something in your life disrupted your work. How do you go about handling the situation?   Answer Question
    Didn't need to negotiate -- what they offered was awesome!

Route Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Waste Management in June 2011.

I applied on line for 3 different postions, I received 3 "job closed" emails. Then on a holiday afternoon i recived and email froma recurter, We emailed back and forth to set an interview time up, we agreed on a time and we met. The interevew was a very casual yet perfesional interview. The interview was very easy going. We went thruogh my resume in detail, and the asked detailed questiuons and expect detailed awnsers. Then we went through a section or what if's and how did you type stuff. After that she informentme that the wanted to have the DM interview me , I said no time like the present. She went to see if he was available, and he was not at that time, but we made and appointment for next week. So i have interview # 2 on deck....

Community Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Waste Management in August 2010.

It was fairly simple, just the one interview. The interviewer was very personable and asked pretty standard questions. Nothing out of the ordinary. The process was almost so quick that you find yourself employed without knowing it.

Interview Questions
    • What does Waste Management offer specifically, that other companies do not, that makes you want to work here?   Answer Question
    Do not be afraid to negotiate on salary. Take your time in going through the process and don't sign anything unless you are completely satisfied.

Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Waste Management in May 2010.

Upon arrival I was escorted into a little room where I sat for quite a while waiting for the Manager. She apologized vehemently and I was ok with it. She talked a bit about the job duties and asked me basic interview questions. She also walked me around the office which I thought was a nice touch!

Interview Questions
    • What is one area in your skills youd like to improve or change?   Answer Question