Waste Management

2.7

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Maine, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maine, MN

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Waste Management in May 2009.

Applied for several positionall online. was contacted for an interviw about a week after submiting an inqiery. Softball stuff and a drug test. Ended up finding a better position elsewhere. Applied for several positionall online. was contacted for an interviw about a week after submiting an inqiery. Softball stuff and a drug test. Ended up finding a better position elsewhere.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Waste Management in June 2010.

Phone interview and then face to face interview. Company did not say industry experience required, but moved forward with someone that had "relevant experience." Company kept sending emails saying position had been filled, even after I was verbally told that I did not get the position. Job itself sounded good with good salary. People were friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with your boss   Answer Question

Pricing Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Waste Management.

The interview was pretty straight forward. Focused on pretty stock interview questions such as strengths, weakenesses and what I could do in the position.

No negotiation.

Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Waste Management in May 2010.

Upon arrival I was escorted into a little room where I sat for quite a while waiting for the Manager. She apologized vehemently and I was ok with it. She talked a bit about the job duties and asked me basic interview questions. She also walked me around the office which I thought was a nice touch!

Interview Questions
    • What is one area in your skills youd like to improve or change?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Allentown, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Waste Management in February 2008.

phone interview with recruiter and then 1-1 with manager easy interview why should i hire you, etc

Interview Questions
    not able to negotiate was hired under minimum salary band for position i found out later

Route Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Waste Management in June 2011.

I applied on line for 3 different postions, I received 3 "job closed" emails. Then on a holiday afternoon i recived and email froma recurter, We emailed back and forth to set an interview time up, we agreed on a time and we met. The interevew was a very casual yet perfesional interview. The interview was very easy going. We went thruogh my resume in detail, and the asked detailed questiuons and expect detailed awnsers. Then we went through a section or what if's and how did you type stuff. After that she informentme that the wanted to have the DM interview me , I said no time like the present. She went to see if he was available, and he was not at that time, but we made and appointment for next week. So i have interview # 2 on deck....

Billing Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  West Seneca, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Seneca, NY

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Waste Management in June 2012.

I applies online and was contacted the next day by a recruiter. She asked me a few questions and then arranged a one on one interview with the local Billing Supervisor. That interview was a few days later and was pretty casual and laid back. She told me about the position, the company, etc. Asked me a few basic questions and that was it.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had to go to a different resource to obtain help?   View Answer
    No, I did not negotiate. Everything was what I wanted.

Billing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wixom, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wixom, MI

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Waste Management in June 2009.

Phone Interview with direct supervisor, then in person interview, then same manager called and offered me the job.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for our Company.
      Can you please take a small test to show us your expereince.
        Answer Question
    Did not negotiate.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oak Harbor, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Harbor, WA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Waste Management in April 2011.

I applied online and about two weeks later received a telephone call from a recruiter who wanted to talk to me! I promptly called her back and she gave me a quick overview of the position followed by a phone interview. After she was done she told me I'd passed the first stage and scheduled me for a sit down interview three days later.

I just got back from my sit down offer! I was offered the job right after the interview!
    I got there, had to fill out a paper application, then was taken upstairs and interviewed in a 1:1 setting in a nice, quiet office. They ask you to briefly describe your work history, then they begin asking the questions. My interviewer described the interview as "story time" as the questions are mostly situational and ask how you acted in certain situations.
    It was an overall great experience! Do your homework on the company, dress professionally and believe in yourself!

Interview Questions
    • Describe the most difficult customer situation you've ever encountered.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you made the wrong decision about something and what the consequences were.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when something in your life disrupted your work. How do you go about handling the situation?   Answer Question
    Didn't need to negotiate -- what they offered was awesome!

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vancouver, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Waste Management in June 2012.

From the time of application and response for an interview was rapid and I was grateful to get any response. The interviews were divided up into alpha sections at designated time slots. The interview was pleasant and direct. Afterwards I felt the interviewer really liked her job and show a great deal of pride in the company. It was refreshing.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me what attracted you to work for Waste Connections.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a difficult situation you had to deal with at a previous job.   Answer Question