Waste Management

2.7

Community Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Waste Management in August 2010.

It was fairly simple, just the one interview. The interviewer was very personable and asked pretty standard questions. Nothing out of the ordinary. The process was almost so quick that you find yourself employed without knowing it.

Interview Questions
    • What does Waste Management offer specifically, that other companies do not, that makes you want to work here?   Answer Question
    Do not be afraid to negotiate on salary. Take your time in going through the process and don't sign anything unless you are completely satisfied.

Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Waste Management in May 2010.

Upon arrival I was escorted into a little room where I sat for quite a while waiting for the Manager. She apologized vehemently and I was ok with it. She talked a bit about the job duties and asked me basic interview questions. She also walked me around the office which I thought was a nice touch!

Interview Questions
    • What is one area in your skills youd like to improve or change?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Waste Management in June 2010.

Phone interview and then face to face interview. Company did not say industry experience required, but moved forward with someone that had "relevant experience." Company kept sending emails saying position had been filled, even after I was verbally told that I did not get the position. Job itself sounded good with good salary. People were friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with your boss   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Waste Management in February 2008.

phone interview with recruiter and then 1-1 with manager easy interview why should i hire you, etc

Interview Questions
    not able to negotiate was hired under minimum salary band for position i found out later

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Waste Management in June 2012.

From the time of application and response for an interview was rapid and I was grateful to get any response. The interviews were divided up into alpha sections at designated time slots. The interview was pleasant and direct. Afterwards I felt the interviewer really liked her job and show a great deal of pride in the company. It was refreshing.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me what attracted you to work for Waste Connections.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a difficult situation you had to deal with at a previous job.   Answer Question

Billing Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Seneca, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Seneca, NY

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Waste Management in June 2012.

I applies online and was contacted the next day by a recruiter. She asked me a few questions and then arranged a one on one interview with the local Billing Supervisor. That interview was a few days later and was pretty casual and laid back. She told me about the position, the company, etc. Asked me a few basic questions and that was it.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had to go to a different resource to obtain help?   View Answer
    No, I did not negotiate. Everything was what I wanted.

Billing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wixom, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wixom, MI

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Waste Management in June 2009.

Phone Interview with direct supervisor, then in person interview, then same manager called and offered me the job.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for our Company.
      Can you please take a small test to show us your expereince.

Answer Question
    Did not negotiate.

Senior Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lombard, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lombard, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Waste Management in May 2009.

Was a temp and asked by manager after 2 weeks of temping to fill out an application because I was taking initiative to learn new duties. I was interviewed for the position a few days later and offered the position within a week.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were pretty straight forward. Mostly the usual - Weaknesses, strengths, where do I see myself in a year, 5 years etc.   View Answer
    They offered a very fair wage (I was only making $12 per hour during my temping there) so to go up to $40K I was very happy with the offer.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Waste Management.

One telephone interview in which they asked questions related to the experience which i had in my resume. Dint ask anything more than thats there in resume.

Interview Questions
    • everything was simple as they asked questions from the resume   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Waste Management in July 2010.

I was brought in for a face to face interview in Houston for a manager position. As soon as one of the VPs saw me he looked shocked and said you look different on Linkedin. After that it was down hill. Each of the interviewers were less than friendly and one interviewer took a call from his wife that lasted about 20 minutes.