Waste Management Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015

2.8

Human Resources Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Waste Management (Miami, FL).

Interview

A very long and detailed process. Initially start with a recruiter by phone - and the recruiters are sharp. Can't BS your way though, at all. If you get past the phone screen the in person interview is done at the place where you'll be based. Pay attention to what they show you. Try to verbally tie your previous work experience to the work environment they are presenting to you. Takes anywhere from 6 - 8 weeks to get an offer letter due to preemployment steps. Higher the position, more interviews. I went through 7 different interviews, but it was good because it helped me learned the personalities of the different people I'd have to interact with. Very diverse company.

Interview Questions

• What is a work-related weakness you have? How have you learned to overcome it?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Waste Management (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Apply online, you're called for an interview...typically two interviews, unless its an hourly position then most likely you will only have one.

Inside Commercial Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Harbor, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Waste Management (Oak Harbor, WA) in April 2014.

Interview

When I walked into the call center to go to the meeting room, there were many employees on the phones. Some of them looked up at me and smiled. LOVED THE FEELING. The interview was very informative and excellent questions were asked. I was comfortable answering everything.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer used a phrase I was unfamiliar with. I asked her if she could define the phrase, she did and I was able to answer her question.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation - hourly rate and bonus.

Operations Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Waste Management.

Interview

Interview was straightforward about past work experience. Interviewer seemed a little skeptical because I wore a suit. I had to follow up several times as there seemed to be some indecision on the par of the interviewer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Tried to negotiate, but not successful

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood Village, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Waste Management (Greenwood Village, CO).

Interview

a joke they first recommended me for a lower position in sales, then I convinced them that the position I wanted was for commercial sales and it was granted to me. after all that I proved my point by being the top salesman 3 years running.

Interview Questions

• silly psycholigical questions instead of getting to the root which is can you sell. They continue to under interview the potential employees and as a result most wash out or dont perform.   Answer Question

Negotiation

wasnt any, a set base hourly rate for the icr dept.

Driver Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Waste Management in March 2014.

Interview

It went well, but i just needed to have more experience even though i have been in law enforcement for a while and thought that this position would be an easy gig.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Waste Management (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2014.

Interview

Two people conducted interview, didn't seem like either one wanted to be there (constantly checked phones, etc.) Interview style was action/reaction/outcome style. Nothing to difficult, however must think on the fly.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview

Applied online, passed initial online skill test, receiving a call to interview within 2 weeks. While waiting to be walked into the building, an employee appeared to be walking off the job while a male manager was following her trying to prevent her from leaving. Interviewed with a recruiter and a hiring manager; both who had not seen my resume. Spent 1/2 hour going over my resume LINE BY LINE, answering SEVERAL behavior questions, only to be told by the recruiter she couldn't answer my questions about the job and that a hiring manager would be the best person to speak to. Waited approx. 10 minutes for hiring manager to arrive, only to be asked MORE questions. I present my questions, received my answers and was told I would hear something by Friday. Received a thank you but no thank response by email.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to use a different method to accomplish a task.   Answer Question

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Waste Management (Gaithersburg, MD) in February 2014.

Interview

It was an easy interview . The interview consist of a bunch of personality questions.I was interviewed by the district manager and the Office manager.The interview took only 15 minutes. I was mostly hired based off my performance in my previous position with WM.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a specific accomplishment you've achieved in a previous position that indicates you will thrive in this position?   Answer Question

Route Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waters, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Waste Management (Waters, MI) in January 2014.

Interview

Interviewed four different times at three different locations over a period of six months! The farthest location I traveled was four hours from my home. Ultimately they decided to hire within! This was a nightmare. Huge waste of several hours of my time and money.