Waste Management Interview Questions

Updated Aug 23, 2015

2.7

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Waste Management (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with 3-person panel of Management level employees. Each panel member asked questions regarding resume, challenges, wins and defeats. First, detail the stages of the resume. Discuss challenges at each stage and how solutions were offered to the customers. Discussed metrics used to measure performance in the Sales Department. I needed to describe how my skills fit the role that was available.

Interview Questions

• Describe an obstacle provided by a customer, and the solution that was offered.   1 Answer

Inside Commercial Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2014.

Interview

you wait in the lobby for about 10 to 20 min a manager walks out and takes you into a small room looks at your resume then asking a few questions walks you around the building and lets you know you got the job

Interview Questions

• basic call center questions about scheduled breaks lunches and work experiences   1 Answer

Pricing Internship Interview

Interview

Found them on my University Career Site. They were prompt with the first two interviews but after that didn't communicate back for a while. Interviews were more conversations and seemed easy. Just went through the resume.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Houston, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

it was pretty average for difficulty. I only had a phone interview but it was with two people. they commented on how i was a very great candidate. ask questions for them, they really were impressed.

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Waste Management (Houston, TX).

Interview

I was already an employee, which i think actually helped. The interview process was pretty simple and laid back. It probably lasted about 30 minutes. We mostly just did lots of talking in the interview. She did ask me questions regarding my background which actually helped. I had a 2nd interview and got the job.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any difficult questions. All pretty simple   Answer Question

Human Resources Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Miami, FL).

Interview

A very long and detailed process. Initially start with a recruiter by phone - and the recruiters are sharp. Can't BS your way though, at all. If you get past the phone screen the in person interview is done at the place where you'll be based. Pay attention to what they show you. Try to verbally tie your previous work experience to the work environment they are presenting to you. Takes anywhere from 6 - 8 weeks to get an offer letter due to preemployment steps. Higher the position, more interviews. I went through 7 different interviews, but it was good because it helped me learned the personalities of the different people I'd have to interact with. Very diverse company.

Interview Questions

• What is a work-related weakness you have? How have you learned to overcome it?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Waste Management (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Apply online, you're called for an interview...typically two interviews, unless its an hourly position then most likely you will only have one.

Inside Commercial Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Harbor, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Oak Harbor, WA) in April 2014.

Interview

When I walked into the call center to go to the meeting room, there were many employees on the phones. Some of them looked up at me and smiled. LOVED THE FEELING. The interview was very informative and excellent questions were asked. I was comfortable answering everything.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer used a phrase I was unfamiliar with. I asked her if she could define the phrase, she did and I was able to answer her question.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation - hourly rate and bonus.

Operations Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview

Interview was straightforward about past work experience. Interviewer seemed a little skeptical because I wore a suit. I had to follow up several times as there seemed to be some indecision on the par of the interviewer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Tried to negotiate, but not successful

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood Village, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Waste Management (Greenwood Village, CO).

Interview

a joke they first recommended me for a lower position in sales, then I convinced them that the position I wanted was for commercial sales and it was granted to me. after all that I proved my point by being the top salesman 3 years running.

Interview Questions

• silly psycholigical questions instead of getting to the root which is can you sell. They continue to under interview the potential employees and as a result most wash out or dont perform.   Answer Question

Negotiation

wasnt any, a set base hourly rate for the icr dept.