Waste Management

Updated Feb 10, 2015
Updated Feb 10, 2015

2.7

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Waste Management.

One telephone interview in which they asked questions related to the experience which i had in my resume. Dint ask anything more than thats there in resume.

Interview Questions
    • everything was simple as they asked questions from the resume   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Waste Management in July 2010.

I was brought in for a face to face interview in Houston for a manager position. As soon as one of the VPs saw me he looked shocked and said you look different on Linkedin. After that it was down hill. Each of the interviewers were less than friendly and one interviewer took a call from his wife that lasted about 20 minutes.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maine, MN
    Anonymous Employee in Maine, MN

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Waste Management in May 2009.

Applied for several positionall online. was contacted for an interviw about a week after submiting an inqiery. Softball stuff and a drug test. Ended up finding a better position elsewhere. Applied for several positionall online. was contacted for an interviw about a week after submiting an inqiery. Softball stuff and a drug test. Ended up finding a better position elsewhere.

Pricing Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Waste Management.

The interview was pretty straight forward. Focused on pretty stock interview questions such as strengths, weakenesses and what I could do in the position.

No negotiation.

Container Welder Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Waste Management in July 2013.

Did a phone interview and then went in for a one on one interview

Interview Questions
    • Tell a time where you had to seek help from a supervisor or co worker and what was the outcome   Answer Question

INBOUND COMMERCIAL SERVICES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lombard, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lombard, IL

I applied in-person – interviewed at Waste Management in March 2013.

Usually will be 2 interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Not difficult at all, can be looked up on line w/ Google .. just type "Most asked interview questions". That should get you through it.   Answer Question
    I had already been employed there but was asked if I would like to become part of their sales department.

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Waste Management.

I was already an employee, which i think actually helped. The interview process was pretty simple and laid back. It probably lasted about 30 minutes. We mostly just did lots of talking in the interview. She did ask me questions regarding my background which actually helped. I had a 2nd interview and got the job.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult questions. All pretty simple   Answer Question

Senior Dispatcher Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Waste Management.

was pleasant and was done by a supervisor and human resource department. each had there questions that they would ask you. and a complete list of scenarios that you were asked. and had to answer.

Interview Questions
    • why should we hire you   Answer Question

Inside Account Manager Franklin TN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN
    Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Waste Management in October 2014.

The hiring process was going well until I found out that I was not selected for the 2nd round of interviews. I passed the phone interview and went to the next step which was a face to face interview, the interviewer complemented me and showed high interest several times do to my knowledge of the company, process, current software and my past experience. I was very qualified and I thought the interview went great. I later found out from that I was not going to the 2nd round of interviews and was declined as to why.

Inside Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lewisville, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Lewisville, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Waste Management.

Was called for a phone interview a couple days after applying online, just basic questions tell us about yourself etc. Was then scheduled in for an interview the following week. I was kept waiting after a previous interview ran long (1hr) and the next candidate arrived.
    Interviewer was distracted, only asked a couple questions.