Waste Management

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Manager Interview

Manager
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Waste Management in July 2010.

Interview Details – I was brought in for a face to face interview in Houston for a manager position. As soon as one of the VPs saw me he looked shocked and said you look different on Linkedin. After that it was down hill. Each of the interviewers were less than friendly and one interviewer took a call from his wife that lasted about 20 minutes.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Manager Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Waste Management in May 2012.

Interview Details – Initially I was pre-screened for an opportunity with a human resources individual. Once the pre-screening determined that my qualifications were acceptable I was invited to a hiring event. The hiring event consisted of four one on one interviews with operations management, HR and regional management. While I went through all four interviews, I believe that if you did not have a successful interview during the course of the day you might be excused after one or perhaps 2 interviews. After the initial hiring event I was invited to visit the local office where I would be working and have a follow up interview with the reporting manager (to whom I would report). This interview was very casual, and including a basic overview of the operation, goals etc and included meeting with staff and peers. Overall from start to finish the process was very pleasant, and all the folks I met with were highly professional and competent individuals.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to conduct a coaching session with an employee.   Answer Question
  • Describe how you would handle a customer issue/employee issue to resolve a service failure.   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – The offer I received was quite good, I did not negotiate.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Waste Management

Worked for Waste Management? Contribute to the Community!

Waste Management Videos

Waste Management – Why Work for Us?

Waste Management, Inc. is North America's leading provider of integrated environmental solutions. Are you interested in a career with the industry leader? Click here. Waste Management is the leading provider of… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Waste Management Manager interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Waste Management employees and interview candidates.