Waste Management Route Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Waste Management (San Diego, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I approached the interview very unprepared. I thought it was going to be an explanatory thing from the recruiter and didn't realize it was an interview. I was referred to the recruiter by an employment agency who just said to call this person. I wasn't very interested in the position and misunderstood the employment agencies recommendation.

Interview Questions

• If I had researched the company and position   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Waste Management

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Waste Management (Albany, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I was contacted within two hours of posting my resume online. I completed a telephone screening a few days later and then a formal interview the following week. The interview was conducted by five people: my would-be direct supervisor, one HR person, and three current Route Managers. We had a very thorough conversation about the company and what would be expected of me as well as my personal work history. I felt really good about it when I left but ultimately did not get a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when communication was paramount to successfully reaching a goal.   Answer Question

Route Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waste Management in February 2015.

Interview

2 interviews during a period of 2 months in early 2015. The interviewers were hiring for only 1 manager at their location. I was not given an offer, but confused when I saw the job was still being posted months later. I felt my experience interviewing with the company was a waste of time and wish they would have been straight forward after my first interview with them. I'm not sure if they were really trying to fill a position or get information to help their business.

Interview Questions

• Questions asked around situation problems you may encounter working in transportation.   Answer Question

Route Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview

Applied online. phone interview followed by in person interview several days later. background check and drug screen with contingent over depending on results. Poor communication between steps but quick follow-up once process was completed.

Negotiation

Very little to negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (El Paso, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

Straight forward - Submit resume, pass phone screening, followed by an in person interview. Its not the quickest process, generally about one week break between each step. I would apply to another position if the opportunity presented itself.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waters, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Waste Management (Waters, MI) in January 2014.

Interview

Interviewed four different times at three different locations over a period of six months! The farthest location I traveled was four hours from my home. Ultimately they decided to hire within! This was a nightmare. Huge waste of several hours of my time and money.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Waste Management (Charlotte, NC) in May 2010.

Interview

I was recruited by head hunter. Interviewed by GM and Market Area Rep .for 6 hours. Sometime one at a time, sometimes they tag-teamed against me. The intent was to see how I reacted under stress.

Interview Questions

• The difficulty lies in the fact that the interview went on so long and was stressfull. They were looking to see if I could handle the stress and being overwhelmed by their demands   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes I was able to negotiate and we agreed on my wages and benefits.. Then at the last minute, they changed everything knowing I had already put in my notice.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Columbus, OH) in May 2010.

Interview

Interview process moves very slowly. Standard "canned" questions.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary. Very situational, behavioral in nature.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiation. Pretty standard to come in at lower part of pay band.

Route Manager Interview

Application

The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Waste Management in March 2012.

Interview

This has to be the worst experience ever. I was originally contacted in October and had the following: 1 phone interview, HR interview, District Manager interview, Director of Operations Interview, and then another Route Manager interview all over the course of 6 months for 1 position! After all that you think I would be given courtesy on whether or not I got the job, but I was suppose to hear back 2 weeks ago and nothing yet so Im assuming a no go.. I will never apply nor recommend them to anyone.

Route Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Waste Management in June 2011.

Interview

I applied on line for 3 different postions, I received 3 "job closed" emails. Then on a holiday afternoon i recived and email froma recurter, We emailed back and forth to set an interview time up, we agreed on a time and we met. The interevew was a very casual yet perfesional interview. The interview was very easy going. We went thruogh my resume in detail, and the asked detailed questiuons and expect detailed awnsers. Then we went through a section or what if's and how did you type stuff. After that she informentme that the wanted to have the DM interview me , I said no time like the present. She went to see if he was available, and he was not at that time, but we made and appointment for next week. So i have interview # 2 on deck....